Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Geographical Revelation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

great work there and i agree there must be a continuing part of the nameless lands or hell it can be another "new"country in the same land mass.

hey JBL since you're really great in doing this kind of things can you try to color code the areas so that we really can see how much the size have grown and decreased trough out the series? that would be a bonus i think. :D

Good Job!

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing

Last edited by rane on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Large Colored Map

Just thought I'd throw that out there. It's an amalgamation of the new map and our own War Map. I was originally going to keep this under wraps till it was a bit more finished, but that's what I've got cooking so far. You can see a mock-up War Map version here.

Again, I had originally thought to keep it wrapped up until I had it more polished looking, but with all the discussion of the geography here I thought it would be a good place to show it off. I won't be able to do much more on it for a few weeks, but I plan on refining the look, cleaning up the textures and matching the terrains more (note how I forgot the badlands :P)

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That looks really great, Lucent. Really great indeed.

What software did you use to make this?
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Photoshop, it wasn't that hard to do, the most difficult part was drawing out the map itself on my tablet :P

There's another less detailed version of the map that will be sans-mountains but include political boundaries and look more like an old parchment chart. That won't be so "Suikox'd" in terms of geographical placements. But once I get settled into the new house I plan on finishing up this map and making it look a bit more natural before going on to the accurate canon map.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... that "Unknown Area" and "Unknown Island are intriguing... possibly the site of future Suikodens? They are fairly close together, so maybe that will be Suikoden VI... of course, they could make them two different, but related Suikodens.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucent wrote:
Photoshop, it wasn't that hard to do, the most difficult part was drawing out the map itself on my tablet :P

There's another less detailed version of the map that will be sans-mountains but include political boundaries and look more like an old parchment chart. That won't be so "Suikox'd" in terms of geographical placements. But once I get settled into the new house I plan on finishing up this map and making it look a bit more natural before going on to the accurate canon map.

After comparing the quality and detail of our two maps, I am completely disillusioned and have no desire to create anything further. Sigh.

I've had Adobe for around a year now and I still can't create anything even remotely resembling that, although that may be because I rarely use it for anything more taxing than signatures.

EDIT: Oh, well, as rane did ask nicely and gave my ego a temporary boost...

One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Konrad

Blazing Salamanders

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow great job luent really what a gerat map can't wait to see the national borders and the main cities of every country . Aboout the "Unknown Area" i totally agree with Camus it maybe the site of the future Suikodens but i can't perdict the numbers of nations there yet .
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's great JBL so in a brief moment when Tinto is still part of the Alliance, the City states is really big.

now that i see it. i think the HKH is really big, since it can continue northwards. they did say it will be a whole day carriage ride from the end to the other end of the capital of HKH.

the unknown area could be kanakan or kanakan may just be a part of it i think..

since no one supports the unknown island as the hidden black dragon island. let me step up even thou i feel sorry for the idea. hehe! =P

I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rane wrote:
so in a brief moment when Tinto is still part of the Alliance, the City states is really big.

Not quite. Most of the Tinto lands were acquired after they left the Alliance. The original size of Jowstone was not that much bigger than the Scarlet Moon Empire back then, based on a much earlier official world map that showed the two nations and how they compare to each other in a single map.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Tinto was the smallest of the Jowston Alliance City-State regions if I recall...they were just that one valley in the mountains, all the stuff beyond it was acquired after they became the Republic of Tinto. Also, considering that John Layfield's political map boundaries also include the Higheast province, which was the Kingdom of Highland during the Dunan Unification, that also took a sizeable chunk out of what used to be Jowston's territory as well. I don't know exactly when Tinto left though, so I suppose they were probably there briefly while Higheast was under Dunan's control?

I'm still surprised at the size of the Gaien Dukedom, on either map. I had pictured them as being quite a bit smaller, though clearly still the most powerful nation in the actual chain of islands, if not as formidable as Kooluk. And of course, one still wonders what else there is besides, potentially, the Queendom of Falena, on that 'tip of the iceberg' land mass in the far south...

After examining the map from the trailer shot somewhat closely, it's still hard to be certain whether the continental masses continue off the edge of the map. They could, but they also could...not. It would be easy to believe that Harmonia extended off into the distance somewhere, considering how massive they're really supposed to be...and I could see that being the case with the Nameless Lands as well. The mountains east of Toran on the other hand, seems like they could stop right there.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't read any of the replies to this thread (me = lazy) but I don't think the top of the map cuts off into ocean like that. I think it keeps going, it was just cut off in the video.

Hmmm...maybe we should mark where Matilda and Greenhill or Forest Village are to better show where they are with Caleria.

Also, maybe the Dragon's Den and Liukan's Hermitage would help.

As for El_Eal, it's part of the Kooluk mainland, at the southern point of a peninsula. It seems to be the most southern point of the continent actually. After you play Suikoden Tactics, maybe you could add in the Border Village, which is the most northern part of Kooluk and southern part of Scarlet Moon. It would basically show the border.

^Actual quote!
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
I'm pretty shcoked that the map is frighteningly similar to the worldmap Kornholio made 6 years ago for the "Castle of Kain."

While I'd be proud of that, it wasn't me, it was Jeff/Clive who made the Kain map.

If you'll remember, the original Kain map had Falena inbetween Grasslands and Harmonia. We changed it when you theorized (or read about in some publication) that Falena was south of the main known landmass.

However, the southwest part of that landmass, the unknown part, looks exactly what we came up with for the location of Kain itself. Really, the shape of that section DOES look much like our map, with the exception of the river that we had, which is absent from the official one.

And its currently an 'unknown' region. Who knows, maybe they're holding out for Suikoden VIII, where you lead 'Dej' and his band of Kain warriors to victory? We can only hope :)
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you talking about this map?

It's strange how many of those territories of Castle of Kain have become separate regions here at Suikox, like Rega Arme Logantaro or Vermogen Plaats.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Kooluk-Toran border seems to be pretty much what I drew from what I can gather. Just throw the Border Village on the pretty blue border line or slightly above it.

As for the Jowston/Tinto thing, as others have pointed out Tinto was very small back in 'the day'. See where does rivers in Tinto stop? That was about the extent of the mighty City-State of Tinto. With the removal of the former Highland Kingdom from the picture, Jowston would, indeed, be roughly the size of the Toran Republic.

People seem to get confused that I always use the Dunan Republic instead of Jowston and Highland but I'm a major continuity freak.

Upon zooming in, lightening up, skewing, contorting and otherwise abusing the poor screenshots, I've arbitrarily decided that the northern part of the map continues while eastern Toran does not. Still conjecture, however.

I know BT didn't actually read any posts but maybe he'll read this one sooooo... I mentioned that that island that I claimed as El-Eal was cut off when I distilled the image. No claim that El-Eal is/was an island was ever made. :P

That Kain map is damn uncanny in some ways. Although I doubt modern Falena would be too pleased! Just goes to show that either we think a lot like Konami or Konami thinks a lot like us. I wonder which is worse.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so the map of kain... kain was supposed to be the southlands? there really are many similiraties was this made before S3? if so wow! zexen is right near where it supposed to be.

now that you guys explained it thanks for enlightening me. it's just that i feel like hoping to have a world like this haha! :mrgreen: im a dreamer ain't i? nah i'm just interested in this kind of things feels like exploring. :D

I'm Ready and willing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: