Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Famitsu/Dengeki 1/27 New Information & Scans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Famitsu/Dengeki 1/27 New Information & Scans Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some information has surfaced for Suikoden V taken from this week's Famitsu and/or Dengeki, however its in Japanese ^^;;

幻想Vは既出だねぇӍ 0;
新イラスト公開とキ ;ャラ5人の紹介と風× 70;イベントの紹介。
ジーンの露出度のこ ;とは電撃に載ってӓ 6;る。歴代ジーンのƃ 06;出度と共に。
オボロ:つかみどこ ;ろのない探偵
ラージャ:舟で形成 ;される街、ラフトӢ 1;リートの顔役の老ç 42;人
ログ:ラフトフリー ;トの漁師
ラン:ログの娘、元 ;気少女
ジーン:セクシー紋 ;章師。エロス。

Seems it talks about Jeane and 5 characters and the baths or something? If anyone with a better grasp of Japanese can extrapolate, it would be much appreciated :)

Scans thanks to Himuro:

http://up2.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader57531.jpg
http://up2.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader57532.jpg
http://up2.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader57533.jpg
http://up2.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader57534.jpg

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."

Last edited by Pesmerga on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting... Can't wait for farther details.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didi you get this from 2ch.net?

Anyhow, here is the translation:

New character art, 5 character profiles, and some explanation on bath events.
Dengeki includes some article on how Jeane is scanttily clad again, along with her past wardrobe.

Character Profiles:

Oboro: A private investigator who's hard to grasp.
Raaja: An old woman who is the leader at the town of "Raftfleet," a town made up of boats.
Rogu: A fisherman from Raftfleet.
Ran: Rogu's deaughter, very energetic.
Jeane: Sexy rune mistress. Eros incarnate.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Detective's are back!

What is an Eros Incarnate?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eros is the Roman name of Cupid, son of Aphrodite, the goddess of love in Greek mythology. Her Roman name is Venus.

I doubt this makes her the Suikoden goddess of love or what-not, however. More likely, it means what it seems to mean: Jeane is considered extremely beautiful and sexy.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Eros incarnate.

Much like saying someone is, excuse the crudeness here, "Sex on legs". It's pretty much a way of describing someone as a person that inspires lust in others.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, perhaps its a hint to who Jeane really is supposed to be, I don't like speculating, but I would really like that simple mention that could be nothing more than a simple way to describe Jeane as sexy, be the explanation we have all been looking for all this long.

She could be from another dimension or something, the incarnation of Eros, Eros could literally be a creature from another realm, and Eros couldn't be a true rune since Jeane is not supposed to have anything to do with a true rune, her affinity with Thunder could represent Eros (Cupids) arrows.

Eh, that is possible wishful thinking on my part, because I really, REALLY don't like the multiple Jeane idea...

EDIT:
It just hit me, though I guess Konami couldn't go back on their word a True Love Rune would be really cool, even if Jeane isn't it's incarnate, damn I can already imagine the plot with a True Love Rune involved.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm 99.999999% sure saying Eros incarnate is just a flowy way of saying sexy.

Weirder things have happened though.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
I don't know, perhaps its a hint to who Jeane really is supposed to be, I don't like speculating, but I would really like that simple mention that could be nothing more than a simple way to describe Jeane as sexy, be the explanation we have all been looking for all this long.

She could be from another dimension or something, the incarnation of Eros, Eros could literally be a creature from another realm, and Eros couldn't be a true rune since Jeane is not supposed to have anything to do with a true rune, her affinity with Thunder could represent Eros (Cupids) arrows.

Eh, that is possible wishful thinking on my part, because I really, REALLY don't like the multiple Jeane idea...

EDIT:
It just hit me, though I guess Konami couldn't go back on their word a True Love Rune would be really cool, even if Jeane isn't it's incarnate, damn I can already imagine the plot with a True Love Rune involved.

It's possible, I suppose.... And Konami have back on a whole lot of Suikoden related information already ranging from time-lines to biographical information to confirmed dead characters to the placement of entire nations and continents!

However, it seems like a huge mistake for them to reveale such sensitive information like this if indeed it was such a large clue as to the solution of the Jeane Mystery which has been building up for five games now, not including this one.

Of course, this is the same Konami that just released a bunch of new geographical information from a ten second spot in an advertising video for the damn game so anything is possible.

I still highly doubt it, however.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Did you get this from 2ch.net?

I initially saw it at another japanese forum I frequent, and now just noticed it on 2ch :D

Edit: I just realized the japanese I posted has numbers and symbols in some areas where kanji should be ^^;; Does the board not support japanese fully? If so next time I'll provide a link instead :)

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's due to the orijinal encoding, the board has nothing to do with it. Japanese characters take up 32 bits, instead of the 16 bit it takes for english. Because of this, when Japanese encoding is mixed with 16 bit font, it isreads the original. For example, the Japanese alphabet "no" is written as "2398;" in the "Shift-JIS" Japanese encoding, but when a brower interprets the page as being in a non-JIS environment, it will not adequately read the encoding. There are also multiple Japanese character encoding methods, which confuse stuff further.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well at least the detective is back, that confessional was useless except for one character. Maybe Jeane became so sexy that she trancended the boundries of normal existance and now lives forever.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was enlightening :) Thanks for the feedback SARS!

Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great info! Can't wait for the scans to surface! And a P.I. Oh I can wait to dig up more dirt on my dirtly little eros incarnate! ^^

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Featherfall

The Third Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oboro kinda sounds like a ninja name (it's also the name of the Hazy rune in japanese, if I remember correctly)...Can you imagine a ninja investigator? There would be absolutely *nothing* the other chars could keep from him XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: