Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are some good Xbox/Xbox 360 games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: What are some good Xbox/Xbox 360 games? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently got an Xbox 360 and was wondering what some good Xbox or Xbox 360 games are? I hadn't had an Xbox before, so I'm looking at some old Xbox games.

One I'm looking at in particular is Jade Empire. Can those of you who have played it tell me what you think of it? I have played and liked Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II. I understand Jade Empire was created by the same game company and uses a similar system?
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcom to the club! Too bad 360 backwards compatibility doesn't play a lot of these. :( Should have gone with an xbox imho but I'm sure most of these games work on xbox 360. Unfortunately Psychonauts and the SNK games don't. :(

Here's my comprehensive xbox guide. These are all games that are worth checking out. Check out reviews on the internet and pick and choose from there. Also, my highest suggestions would be Riddick, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Jade Empire. Jade Empire's battle system is really nothing like KOTOR's. I really suggest Riddick. I'm not even a big fan of fps's and I LOVE that game. It's a real story based fps that mixes other genres. There are rpg elements, there's stealth....quite simply the ultimate fps and an evolution for the genre.

Otogi
Otogi 2
Jade Empire
Ninja Gaiden Black
Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Forza Motorsport
Dead or Alive: Ultimate (xbox live support)
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (which is actually pretty good)
Far Cry Insticts
Psychonauts
Chronicles of Riddick
Gun Valkyrie
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
King of Fighters: Neowave
Metal Slug games
Halo
Crimson Skies
Outrun 2
Phantom Dust
Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2
Deathrow
Capcom vs SNK 2 (xbox live support)
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (xbox live support)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (xbox live support)
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW. :shock: That's a lot of games.. Well, thanks. I already have the Halos, and I've played the KOTORs on the PC. Actually, though, I've never heard of most of those
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Make sure they are playable on the 360, they must be backwards compatible, and to do that you must update your 360 through X-Box live, check the official site for a list of the games that are backwards compatible.

Now from the new 360 games I recommend Kameo and Condemned, but be warned Condemned is for a mature audience, plus its rather small, eight hours if you haven't played it before, Project Gotham Racing 3 if you like racing games, Dead or Alive 4 if you like fighting games, Quake 4 and Perfect Dark are rather mediocre FPS's by my standard if you like that genre you might find them adequate.

The are no RPG's for now to suggest the closer to an RPG would be Kameo, on March The Elder Scrolls Oblivion will be released so better take a look, it looks a must have so far.

Oh and Jade Empire may be from Bio Ware but it's a rather easy and simple game, still enjoyable, just don't expect the complexity of KOTOR.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you haven't got Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy for the PC, I'd like to add that to that list there and I'd also highly recommend it.

It provides something different from most games and it has great replay value as you can have several approaches as to how you complete each segment of the game. Yarr.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly, back when I played XBox, I only had a few games, and the centerpiece of my collection, the only game that got played consistently, was Halo, and then Halo 2. I'm sure I'll be inviting a horde of flames on this one, but I really like Halo. I agree with everyone who will say that the titles may not be anything unique as far as FPS goes, but they do have a selling point that nobody seems to catch on to real well. Obviously, they lack the complexity of PC FPS games, where you have a keyboard worth of control buttons to use. Halo's interface is streamlined to work within the limits of a game console controller...which also means that the game is very easy to just pick up and play. It has enough features and such to keep the game interesting, while not overloading the player.

I suppose the last thing you wanted was for Halo to be recommended to you..especially since you say you've already got the Halos. >.<

Other titles that are definitely worth picking up, most of which I've already seen mentioned, are Ninja Gaiden (and presumably Ninja Gaiden Black, though I've never played it). Ninja Gaiden games are always good for a frustratingly intense challenge. Forza Motorsport is cool if you're into racing games...it has incredible customization options, though I've heard mixed things about the gameplay...it seemed fine to me. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is a must for any fan of the series, as it gives you the entire experience in one simple package.

Crimson Skies is real good too....and I'm personally a fan of the Splinter Cell games, so I would recommend those as well, if you have any interest in that kind of stealth and infiltration genre. And haven't already played Splinter Cell. Which is probably unlikely if you're a fan. >.>

For 360 games...meh. I don't even know what's good on the new console, I haven't even demo'd with it. Sorry. >.>

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jade Empire, Fable and maybe Sudeki catch my eye also I'm not a fan of first person shooters but the new Call of Duty for 360 was fun.

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: