Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games of 2006, which ones are you looking foward to?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Games of 2006, which ones are you looking foward to? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, others besides Suikoden V that is?

Its going to be an interesting year with the possible realeases of the PS3 and maybe the Revolution. But we all know in the end, its about the games. Thus, what games are you looking foward to this year?

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kingdom Hearts 2
TES: Oblivion
Unreal Tournament 2007
Final Fantasy XII
Suikoden V

I'll definitley be getting Kingdom Hearts II and Suikoden V but Oblivion and UT2007 will require a massive upgrade for my computer so they may be put off. Final Fantasy XII I'm undecided on anyway so I may not get it unless it get's great reviews.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the first game I plan to get is Suikoden V because it comes out the earliest, but this year looks to be pretty promising for the games. Other than that, I only have two that I really, really want.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - You don't know how happy I was when I found out that the new Zelda would feature adult Link in an adult world...with very little in common with The Wind Waker. The game looks incredible, and the ideas that Nintendo has going into the game, especially the Link turns into a Wolf thing, is brilliant. Forget about Suikoden V, this game is my most anticipated game of 2006, and has been for a while. Sadly, I need to buy a GCN just to play it and will have to wait until the summer until I can do that, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Final Fantasy XII - I played the demo and came off totally unimpressed, but then I also know that this is an obvious move. They want to downplay the game in the demo so the real thing can blow people away. I'm confident that the game will be incredible and will be a success, but I sure am tired of waiting for it. I remember in Fall of 2004 I thought I'd be playing the game by Winter of 2006, but it looks like I'll have to wait at least until the summer. The battle system in the game is certainly unique, and might take some time getting used to, but I'm sure all of the traditional FF amenities are there: Good story, huge movies, great characters and a solid orchestral score.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V
The Longest Journey: Dreamfall
Okami
Final Fantasy XII
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 3
Wild Arms 4
Kingdom Hearts II
Ryu Ga Gotoku

That's pretty much it, but for me that = all star gaming year as rpgs is my favorite genre.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides Suikoden 5 I'm also looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2 and Harvest Moon: Magical Melody(yeah I'm a HM fan ya got a problem with that???)

I'm also looking forward to .hack//GU ....although I haven't kept up with the news on it so I'm not sure if it's coming out this year

also waiting for Baten Kaitos 2 *cough* but that's probably not coming out this year too ;-;

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 5
Resident Evil DS
Harvest Moon DS
Grandia 3
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the PAL release of Rhapsodia for one
Neverwinter Nights 2
Unreal Tournament 2007 (im weeping at having to upgrade for it, curse your technological improvements)
Suikoden V

i havent really looked into whats even coming out on pal mainly because i dont have money to get things and dont want the heartbreak :P

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...it's remarkable that I care so little about game releases in these recent years, but this year there are definitely a couple of things that are of some interest to me. First of all, obviously, I'm interested in Suikoden V. I probably don't need to talk too much about that, since I assume most people here are quite excited about it. I found Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden IV to each be quite lacking in their own ways, so I'm really hoping that Suikoden V can restore my faith in the series. If not, I'm sure I'll keep playing them anyway.

The only other thing that I can really think of isn't even a new game, but Command and Conquer: The First Decade...EA's money-sucking re-release of the Command & Conquer series. I'm quite the Real-Time Strategy whore, and I love C&C to death, especially the original and Red Alert, both of which run...shakily at best...on my high-powered Windows XP system. This release is supposed to have fully compatible versions of every single C&C game and Expansion, original through Generals. Since I haven't even played the newer ones, and the MSRP is only $39.99 U.S....I'm definitely going to be picking it up. I'll probably not emerge from my house save for work and school for at least a week afterwards, either. Oh man. So many memories.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's quite a lot of good games coming out this year...Most of them in March.

Suikoden V (obviously :D)
Kingdom Hearts II
Shadow Hearts III
Okami
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Phantasia GBA
Valkyrie Profile II (I assume we'll be getting it this year..)
Grandia III (maybe)
Final Fantasy XII (maybe)
Rogue Galaxy

I guess that's about it...I'd love to get Oblivion, but I don't have a 360, or a computer that could even think about running it.
Has anyone heard when FF7: Dirge of Cerberus is coming out?

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okami - Definitely! Thanks for reminding me of that Chizen. It looks as if it could be the most innovative and unique video game yet.

Rule of Rose - Creepy horror game, supposedly going to be scarier than Clock Tower, Silent Hill, and Fatal Frame. (which I think is as good as it gets with the fear aspect.) It'll more than likely only be released in Japan though, ah well.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - I'm a tool of this franchise haha, cant wait!

Zelda: Twilight Princess - These games are always a pleasure, and those who hated Wind Waker dont know what they want in Zelda. I hope the Twilight Princess improves on elements of all the games, and not just Ocarina of Time.

and most importantly,

Smash Brothers Revolution - What can I say? heh heh

oh and Suikoden V, I guess.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
the PAL release

Ive given up on alot of RPG PAL releases.

Looking Forward to List:

Suikoden V
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts II
Xenosaga Episode III (if it is out this year)
Tales of Legendia

That is about it for now
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V - I've been salivating after this game since it was first announced. Every news item they reveal about it is just making me want it more and more

Suikoden Tactics - It's not out in the UK yet and I'm wanting to play this so badly. Should be a nice way to finish off Suikoden IV I hope.

Resident Evil 5 - I lost interest in the Resident Evil series after the many non-numbered sequels that didn't do the "true" series justice. I enjoyed Nemesis but I find Resident Evil 4 to be a truly stunning game. I wait in anticipation for the release of number 5.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - I've tried to stay away from almost every bit of information about this game so I don't spoil it. At first I didn't enjoy Wind Waker, but then I found it to be a truly engaging game with the darkest story of the series to date. I know it doesn't seem likely with the cel shaded graphics but there is a reason for the graphics. With Twilight Princess looking to be even darker than Wind Waker I simply cannot wait.

Kingdom Hearts II - I mean really. Ansem. Riku. DiZ. Axel. The remaining (living) Organization/XIII Order members. The battles. The story. The music. The Vivi. It's was all looking fantastic and since it's release in Japan I havn't checked but the whispers on the internet seem positive. This will truly be a great end to a great beginning.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It's not out in the UK yet

I hate the waiting for PAL releases. Takes way too long after the US NTSC release or they are not released at all, as in not releasing Suikoden III but releasing Suikoden IV and not releaseing Xenosaga Episode I but releasing Xenosaga Episode II with a "Bonus" DVD of the cut scenes from Episode I.

That is why i got me a US PS2 and buy the US releases.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently awaiting:

Shadow Hearts III (which I pre-ordered BTW :D )
.hack/GU
Devil May Cry:Special edition
Rouge Galaxy
and some others I can't remeber right now.

Oh Suikoden 5 of course, how could I forget that?
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only one I can think of at all would be "Crome Hounds"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: