Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2008 U.S. Republican Presidential Nomination

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whom do you support for the 2008 Republican Presidential Nomination?
George Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sam Brownback
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bill Frist
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Newt Gingrich
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rudy Giuliani
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Chuck Hagel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John McCain
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Mitt Romney
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: 2008 U.S. Republican Presidential Nomination Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whom do you think should be the 2008 Republican nominee for President of the United States? This is a discussion, as well as a poll, so please post with your vote.

Obviously, this topic will generate significant debate. Please keep all discussion constructive and above all, civil.

If you take issue with any of the poll options, please say so, and give suggestions for improving the poll. Obviously, I can't tell for sure whether or not any of these people will in fact run.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think based on Guliani's support in New York and what he did for the city that he is the most likely to garnish votes for the Republican Party. I'm no real familiar with the candidates and his name stuck out alot as well as Newt Gingrich and John McCain. I think Rudy is just the most popular of the choices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder, though, if a pro-gay rights, pro-choice New Yorker will be able to get through the primaries. The Religious Right makes up an extremely important part of the Republican voting constituency.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well im not saying that Giuliani couldnt win the nomination, however he is far too liberal in his own right to get the vote from the more conservative republicans. However, someone like John McCain who has a lot of support on both sides both for his views, and his history could very well pick up the nomination. It would also be more likely to pick up some of the more conservative democrat votes with him as a candidate. With that being said likely this is the person I would like to actually get the nomination for the Replulican party, as he would make a great president. Not overly conservative in his views, but still keeps to a lot of the traditionally Republican views on topics of all sorts. That just my take on the possibility of him getting the nomination, and the general possibility of it being him running for President in 2 years.

However, I do not believe that he will be running for President again, considering I believe he has said in the past he was no longer interested. However, it would not be the first time someone had said that, and ended up running anyway. So take that for what it's worth.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Democrat, so my speak here isn't really THAT high but taking a look at all those candidates, I'm thinking this is going to be a Democratic landslide. Newt Gingrich? Rudolph Guiliani? No.. sorry, not ever will either of them get the serious consideration for president by their parties. Newt's reputation of being a loudmouth preceeds him and Rudy's very relaxed views aren't what the Republicans want.

Bill Frist seems to be, in my opinion, the frontrunner for this nomination because he's a good ol' southerner just like good ol' Georgie boy. He's been in office for over 10 years and seemingly has done a great job in Tennessee.

Again, I'm a Democrat so my views on most republicans are skewed. I think George Bush has been the worst president we've had in the last century. His father was way better and Reagan was even better. He's made the general view of republicans go down the drain and I think america wants anything but Bush. So if the candidate for the Republican party has any ties to Bush, I'd say thats a stroke against him. Or her. I want Condoleezza Rice to run. You know that would be sweet. A Black woman running for president under the republican banner? And we all know the majority of Ku Klux members are republican, so that irony would be so beautiful. Not only is she black but a woman. Thats great.

Oh and where's Arnold on this list? I think if ANY republican can win its the Terminator. I think strings can get pulled to get rid of that natural born citizen thing. Arnie for president! Yeah, I don't think so either. I have the perfect ad campaign slogan. "I will Terminate our nation's debt! Go buy Jingle All The Way!"

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm politically an "Undecided" person, but if John McCain is nominated, I'll vote for him.

Although she's repeatedly denied it, I think Condi Rice will also be a presidential candidate.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John McCain becuase it seems like he'd like to stick it to alot of top politians out there.. ooh maybe not... oh well... as far as republicans.. I'd vote for him since he's the only one that really distinctly leaves a mark in my head from last year.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they're smart, I think they'll run John McCain. He's the anti-Bush; the popular thought about him seems to be that he is honest and takes action against corporate bureocrats. People will like that. And since he leans left on some concerns against the right wing (abortion)....Well, he'd be a good runner. I might vote for him, if he runs.

I don't see Guiliani getting a lot of support...Not counting 9/11, he was pretty negatively thought of.

Bet on Bill Frisk, though. He just smacks of "if you liked bush, you'll love Frisk!"

RedCydranth wrote:
I. I think George Bush has been the worst president we've had in the last century.

[Pedantic]Technically, he's the only President of the United States of America we've had in this century. Making him both best and worst by sheer default![/pedantic]

And Ah-Nold isn't on the list because Arnie was born in Austria. The President of the U.S. has to have been born there.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

McCain is definitely the best choice. He's proven himself to be a moderate, sensible man who is able to appeal to both sides. He also a strong track record in the senate. The biggest issue for him will be his age, since he'd be the oldest president elected if he ran in 2008.

I can also see Rice trying for the nomination, but I don't believe she'd win it. It would be crazy if she ran against Hilary Clinton though. That's about the only way I can see Hilary winning.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, its a little early. I haven't studied the possible nominees at all, so I really don't know who I want to run.

I will say this, if a candidate like Bill Frist (imo, a moron) is nominated by the Repubs, the election might as well be handed to the Dems. I'm not very fond of McCain either. I'm kind've surprised he has as much support as he does...

Quote:
And we all know the majority of Ku Klux members are republican, so that irony would be so beautiful.

Yes, I know you said the majority of repubs, but it still struck me as funny...Robert Byrd...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: