Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2008 U.S. Democratic Presidential Nomination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whom do you support for the 2008 U.S. Democratic Presidential Nomination?
Evan Bayh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Joe Biden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wesley Clark
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Hillary Clinton
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
John Edwards
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Al Gore
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Russ Feingold
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Kerry
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Bill Richardson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mark Warner
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Alcon

I have no idea what this means.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This topic most definitely makes baby Jesus cry.

I know that using Newsmax as a source of anything credible is a faux pas, but this is really the only web site I could find a reference to this poll on. To wit:

51% of Americans will not, under any circumstance, vote for Hillary Clinton

This is before the inevitable smear campaigns that turned a candidate like John Kerry from a respectable, albeit all-too-liberal, Vietnam vet into a thoroughly mediocre candidate.

Hillary Clinton cannot win. It's not that the nation isn't necessarily ready for a female president, but the first female president will probably be a Republican. The voting public just sees a candidate like Hillary Clinton as a patronising attempt to get the woman vote - something which, in truth, she may very well be.

John Kerry is done for. He is even less popular than during the 2004 election, and now that he will be facing a candidate who will not be terribly unpopular among independents, he would be crushed. The same goes for Al Gore, who has turned into everyone's crazy uncle.

Mark Warner, on the other hand, is a fiscally moderate Virginia Governor with approval ratings over 70% in a fairly Republican state. He did great things for the economy. He may not be terribly exciting, but he's sensible enough and, unlike several other people on this list, his career isn't over.

The problem with Clark, by the way, is that he lacks any experience whatsoever and is very much prone to verbal gaffes that reveal that he doesn't really know all that much about politics.
there was no way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: