Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV moneymaking

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Suikoden IV moneymaking Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can I make lots of potch in Suikoden IV? These final weapon upgrades are incredibly pricy... >_<
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're going for the final weapon upgrade I assume you're strong enough to beat the ancient crab which gives 25000 potch (50K with a Prosperity Rune) and can be found on the Deserted Island. If you're not strong enough then you can trade, I think buying pearls and selling them at Mordo Island gives the best results but pearls tend to be rarer than other tradable items.

EDIT: Pearls can be bought at Middleport, Na Nal and Mordo.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Abuse the trading posts. The ones in this game have the fastest stocking cycle in the entire series, and the fact that Blinking Mirror works in towns makes it even faster.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you can use as hawktanathos said by beating the crab go around lv.65 by training and equip someone in you're prty with a slash rune and go fight him on deserted island and don't forget the prosperity rune cause from normal battle you can get 10500 ro 11000 potch and from the crab 50000 potch simply beat him by flashing cause you have high level (you don't need fight) and exit the island and come back
i used this to upgrade weapons to lv.16 for 8 characters so it takes time
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to do very extensive trading. Pearls are extremely lucrative if sold at Mordo; check the GameFAQs guides for more trading information.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moved to Gameplay forum.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the trading thing is a good way to go, but I was only fond of doing it at the start of the game. I found the Ancient Crab thingie to be faster, and you can get Giant Crab Shell's and Frog Skin's on the way too. Also, you might want to bring Noah as support. She increases the potch received at the end of the battle by 30%, so with Prosperity and Noah, you can get about 65000 potch per battle with the Ancient Crab.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You all are panzies Just do what I do depand on fighting! The only wepons I upgrade is lazlos and Lino's :P

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.

Last edited by Jorge Prima on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You didn't strengthen Snowe's weapon? Wow, That would make the final battle a tad longer. Lazlo and Snowe's unite rocks!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Zephron

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

do not gamble, its really unpredictable
if you're bursting with lottery tickets, use then like water, and sell off your original equipped items - medicine, mega med etc.
go north to fight tough monsters early, and fight the ancient crab on the deserted island. that island provides several tough monsters in the game.
buy pearls all over the world and travel to Mpordo to sell them off at a super high price.
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you like leveling up and/or fighting monsters in general, I suggest going to the Ruins of Obel, and just slaughter monsters to your heart's content. Time really flies while you're doing this, and you'll have potch in no time. If you're like me, you can do this for hours, and still have fun.

Oh, and bring someone equipped with a Prosperity Rune.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want to be super cheap, take Lazlo and Ted with Mother Earth to Reinholt's training on the 5th level of your ship. Max out at 99, then start levelling up your party. Earthquake wins every time.

You get a Slash Rune every time you win after the initial win (Fury Rune), and can sell them for 2500 a piece.

It takes about 2 runs for a character to get to 99 if Ted and Hero are maxed out, and you can do two at a time. That's initially like 30 for Ted and Hero, then another 70 odd times to max out the rest of your stars.

99 Slash runes x 2500 = 247500 potch. Not too bad for maxing out your party in a couple hours.

Cheap though. Very cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: