Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Abducted Governors and Ransoms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
I remember thinking a change like this was going to be included a couple of phases back why, oh, why did I not patent the idea then?

Nevermind, fun stuff.

I would quite like the possibility of capturing one of the defenders rather than just the governor, there's no guarantee the governor will be present so it sort of wouldn't make sense if he was captured in that regard and also if the captured unit was randomised it might be possible to nab a mercenary and force them to work for you for a while. Obviously a mercenary wouldn't have the same purchasing power as a nation so they should probably have a different method of release if that was the case but it's just a thought anyway.

If there are no benefits for us to fight in raids, and as you make it sound there won't be any.

Then we can easily add to our contracts that we won't fight for raids and that's that.

So unless there is some sort of benefit for taking the risk then why risk getting ourselves kidnap...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no more benefits for mercs fighting in a raid than fighting in a battle. Mercs won't be able to get kidnapped anyway for a ransom.

In a battle you can get a victory or lose your soldiers.

In a raid you can get a victory or lose your soldiers.

From a mercenary point of view, there should be no difference.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was talking about PF's hypothesis Axiose, currently since only Governors can be abducted it's the same for us.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

From a mercenary point of view, there should be no difference.

Well, except that there is the possibility for more victories in a regular battle than a raid. But then, there is also the possibility for a merc to lose more soldiers in a regular battle than a raid. I guess it's just up to the merc to decide which they prefer.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was idle speculation, it's not something I expect to be changed just because I like the idea of it. Hypothetically though if the rule existed some mercenaries might prefer not to be used like that but then maybe they wouldn't get hired as frequently because of their over-stringent rulings. Who knows, it's not like it really matters and needs more discussion, I just like to voice out my feelings on things sometimes.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, meself likes to voice me feelin's, too. Where be the rum?
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well seems that mercenary can add raid option at his/her rule of employment. I think the alternative that crossed into my head that the captured country can use the mercs service if the defender -not just governor- captured/

Sigurdr : Would you like to try famous Alma Kinan's rum? Here, try this. Made from the famous Alma Kinan's banyan tree's fruit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigurdr, I will match your Makanakuyan Rum any day, but I am always open for a drinking contest should we meet up on the high seas! By the way, I know I still owe you that crate of quadruple-distilled Makana-koolu-ian Rum, but its in the shop...

Anyhow, I find this concept to be quite intriguing. I think it could be hard for myself to be captured, considering, last time I checked, I was still the Governor of Charleis of Falena! That'll send em' on a wild goose chase, eh? An adequate fail-safe, at the very least. I think the idea of possible getting captured in a failed-raid to be a good consequence of trying to be mischievous. Either way is fine though. Nice addition Sars.

*Edit*

In regards to Charleis, nope, its finally been changed. Disregard and move along...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With that said, I think this is getting a little off topic at present.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: