Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Abducted Governors and Ransoms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While yes that potch is primarily used to buy soldiers, there is still a reason now to not convert potch to soldiers in case you need to change regiment type or upgrade to advanced unit. Two upgrades alone would cost you more than a million potch, something that is doable but not *that* easy to do if you have limited time. Hence, there is still a need to strategize and decide whether you want to convert all your potch or save some.

Paying ransom in potch only is another reason that we'd need to consider now whether we want to conver the potch to soldiers or not. So basically we need to plan.

If we want to have a soldier-to-potch conversion, I think the only way to make that work is to have a different ratio than potch-to-soldier converstion. If 100 potch could buy 1 soldiers, maybe it should be 5 soldiers for 100 potch. So that a nation do have an option to convert their soldiers to potch if they need the extra cash (maybe they're short a bit on upgrade cost or paying ransom or whatnot), but it would come at a cost so that they're 'punished' for taking the wrong decision by not anticipating that they'd need the potch for such thing beforehand.

Or in comparison to real life, if we buy something for 10 dollars, we can theoritically sell them as used item, but it'd no longer worth the same 10 dollars, it'd most likely worth less than that. (Of course there are items that increases in value as it grows older, but we're just talking in general idea that usually used item would worth less than brand new ones)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is slavery legal in the City States? :)

If a nation is strapped for cash then maybe you could negotiate selling your soldiers to another nation for a slightly discounted rate. That way you get the potch you need and the other nation gets some discounted soldiers.

Plus it's legal.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is slightly off topic, but is a nation able to both raid and attack the same region in the same phase? I would think not, but I just wanted to be sure.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Kooluk has done this already. An invasion and Raids are considered two different attacks.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may have missed this and no one mentioned it when discussing whether or not 3PP was just for what raiding garners. When you raid you have the chance of taking an enemy nations items, as in, things they found during an exploration. Like that scroll Grasslands found once would be able to be stolen if not used yet.

I take it that the more soldiers you send for a raid the better the results, as is the case with exploration?

Does it make a difference what region you raid? EX: Grasslands raids Zexen at Yaza, vs, Grasslands raids Zexen at Vinay del Zexay. Would raiding the region with more cultural richness garner better spoils? I see parallels in the way raids and explorations are structured(3PP, same forum, brief, in my head their filed near each other) and in exploration, location makes a difference in what you get.

I think 3PP is a good price because it also attacks the stats of a region, which can make it much easier to conquer in the long run. 3PP is just right, and it sounds cool with the repeating vowel sounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any hints on what the new things to spend potch on are? Nations have plenty of things to buy with potch, but the average Archer unit (such as myself) has nothing.... now if I could buy my army some new tights, that'd be great. Some of my soldiers have worn out the crotch of their tights during their last campaign...

After looking over the current raids, I can see that a successful raid does net a fair bit of potch. So I'll agree that it's evened out.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 wrote:
I think 3PP is a good price because it also attacks the stats of a region, which can make it much easier to conquer in the long run. 3PP is just right, and it sounds cool with the repeating vowel sounds.

Damaging the stats of a region could also backfire though because that means you got a weaker region too once you've conquered it, which could lead to losing back that region quite quickly.

Personally, I do think that the reward is a lot compared to the cost. So it's value for PP for those who decide to do raids. I'm reallly glad that I took a gamble to defend Serpent's Cove and it paid off. Otherwise, I could be looking at a second Governor being stolen by them Kooluk Empire. -_-;

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The region you raid would depend on the rewards you get. You wouldn't raid the Badlands and steal yourself 1,000,000 potch. You'd get something much better for raiding Crystal Valley for example.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I take it that the more soldiers you send for a raid the better the results, as is the case with exploration?

From the recent raids it's obvious that more soldiers equals more potch and no matter whether you release the innocents from their miserable lives or not you get the number of soldiers that you originally sent x 10. So everyone should send ALL their soldiers on raids, leaving their regions completely undefended. MWA HA HA!

And if you raid Crystal Valley the only thing you'll be taking back with you is a foot of cold steel through your neck when we send your corpse back to wherever it was you came from. :twisted:

EDIT: On second thoughts...we'll keep the steel.

Last edited by Hawk Thanatos on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I wondering how to calculate the civilians murder. Seems relate with the soldier number.
I have murder about 8072 civilians :twisted:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh... Calupict, I thought you said you were an innocent person?

You really have been hanging out with Celes too much. :?

Yeah, the amount of potch pillaged seems to depend on the number of soldiers. Either that or the leadership of the regiment leader. Captain Hero's regiment is a little less than half of mine, and he also got a little less than half the amount of potch than I did.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I AM Innocently mischief.
I hide my dangerous side behind innocent outfit. Femme Fatale.

Ah yeah how we know that the governor is abducted or not. Because if I'm not wrong, Ice didn't captured at raid. Do the raider force influence that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:

And if you raid Crystal Valley the only thing you'll be taking back with you is a foot of cold steel through your neck when we send your corpse back to wherever it was you came from. :twisted:

on another thought you keep the steel, melt it and it use for all the coffins that you'll need.

how bout we take you and you try Black Pesmerga's torture chamber ask Takemura he know it. hehehe!

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rane wrote:
hawkthanatos wrote:

on another thought you keep the steel, melt it and it use for all the coffins that you'll need.

how bout we take you and you try Black Pesmerga's torture chamber ask Takemura he know it. hehehe!

Don't worry rane we won't need coffins, we'll just make a funeral pyre for all those soldiers of yours that we kill. And as much as I'd love to inflict pain upon Black Pesmerga in his own torture chamber I don't feel much like washing Black Pesmerga's blood out of my clothes once I'm done...maybe another time though...
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember thinking a change like this was going to be included a couple of phases back why, oh, why did I not patent the idea then?

Nevermind, fun stuff.

I would quite like the possibility of capturing one of the defenders rather than just the governor, there's no guarantee the governor will be present so it sort of wouldn't make sense if he was captured in that regard and also if the captured unit was randomised it might be possible to nab a mercenary and force them to work for you for a while. Obviously a mercenary wouldn't have the same purchasing power as a nation so they should probably have a different method of release if that was the case but it's just a thought anyway.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: