Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Abducted Governors and Ransoms
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Abducted Governors and Ransoms Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that we have the first victim of raids, allow me to explain.

When a governor is whisked away by a raiding party, the raided nation must pay a ransom to get the abductee back. Otherwise, that person can not be used in war and the region will not produce PP. The ransom has a maximim of (10000 x level) potch. Thus, a 20 level governor will require a payment of 200000 potch for freedom.

Naturally, it is best to pay very fast in case your governor is already engaged in battle. Otherwise, s/he will be unable to participate in future turns of the phase.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just a question. can the raiders or the nation somehow change the mind of the governor and hull them to their side. and if he joins that nations thus making him/her a traitor. can that be done or is it too complex right now?

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would require the traditional method of an immigration permit.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ransom huh, haha what a concept.

I was thinking, maybe it would be fun if captured generals didn't have access to their home nation board, and instead were confined to a 'Prison Subforum'

Is that something you are doing with this?

cool idea nevertheless.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool idea. I hope noone raid my area.

Wait how about if the raid is not suceed. Do the governor still abducted?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anton Misri

Mages of Cups

165978 Potch
6363 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think so Calupict. Kooluk failed their raid, and they received nothing.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about a way to balance raiding. From what I can tell by the warfaq and this post, there are no possible negatives when raiding, the nation doing the raid has everything to gain, nothing to lose aside from PP.

Quote:
A nation can opt to send a raiding party to an enemy region. A raiding party will be composed of three regiments, and can face opposition if the defending region sends soldiers. A successful raid can net potch, soldiers, and other things. When raiding, the nation has the choice of whether they will attack civilians. If they choose to attack civilians as well, the raid will also lower the region's population. This will net greater results, but will also lower the overall value of the region, and will likely be an unpopular act internationally.

Should a raid fail, why not give the defending nation a chance to raid the raiders camps. Or perhaps a free counter-raid in the next phase that wouldn't cost any PP (or half price). I just don't see anything balancing the raid action.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are a number of nagatives for raiding.

For one, you can get defeated and lose soldiers.

Second, you have to use 3 PP, which is pretty precious.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is true, 3 PP is steep. I was just hoping for a bonus for the defending nation.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To that, I give you a quote from Annabelle in Suikoden 2.

"There is nothing we can gain from war, but we fight so we don't have to lose what is dear to us."

But you can also get victory counts, and possibly inflict some damage by killing their soldiers.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the same as when defending a region from an invading nation. If you succesfully defend it your just get the pride and joy that comes from stopping the enemy taking your regions whilst getting at least one victory and potentially killing off a lot of their soldiers.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another very interesting concept.

Ok say Nation A wants to take a region from Nation B but the defense is too strong. Can Nation A launch a raid and attack on Nation B and if the raid is successful and they manage to abduct that regions Governor will Nation A also remove that regions Governor Defensive Bonus for the remainer of that Phase and until Nation B gets their Governor back?

Last edited by Goldy on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kind of continuing from Goldmember's question. What if a nation doesn't pay the ransom? Do, in this case, Grassland keep Ranadiel for as long as Harmonia don't pay the ransom? I'm guessing the nation can change govenors if one has been kidnapped but they'd have to wait until the end of the phase.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can I pay the Grasslands with happy feelings? If so, I'll send 57 "I like your shoes" and 382 "have you lost weight?" remarks to the Grasslands. I'm sure with the international currency exchange rate, that should equal 350,000 potch, right?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup. The potch is 350k, I guess.
Ranadiel is in my jail. I'm frightening him to be my new slave j/k
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: