Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Return of S3's "Wah! What order should I do it?" Topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: The Return of S3's "Wah! What order should I do it?&quo Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've finally got Suikoden III on import and while I've been very sick over the previous few days (hence a severe lack of posting) I've been playing the game to pass the time.

I've completed the first two chapters for Hugo, Chris and Geddoe and I've also completed the first of the two Thomas chapters.

So, my question is should I take on Thomas Chapter Two before starting the main characters Chapter Three scenarios or should I undertake it prior to Chapter Four?

By the way, "whatever order you want/it doesn't matter" is not a valid answer.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't for the life of me remember if you can play Thomas chapter 2 after completing all characters chapters 3. I will post under the assumption that you can, not that it matters as you'll see.

I suggest you play Thomas chapter 2 before Geddoe's chapter 3. I would also do Hugo's before Geddoe's. Chris doesn't really matter, but is intertwined with Hugo's. So strictly from a story point of view, I recommend:

Chris ch.3
Hugo ch.3
Thomas ch.2
Geddoe ch.3

Gameplay wise it has been suggested to do Geddoe's chapter 3 first since you'll have the easiest time of getting a hammer... but I've never had trouble doing it with any of my parties.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thomas' Chapter 2 happens during everyone else's Chapter 3...roughly.

There a few benefits of playing certain chapters before others. I can't remember them all though. I know if you play Hugo 1 before Chris 1, Hugo can duel Chris. If you play Chris 2 before Hugo 2 than Chris can duel Lucia.

^Actual quote!
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always done it after the others' third chapters. I think it gives a better idea of what the heck you should be doing in Thomas's chapter if you know what happened in the third chapters.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's what I wrote at Suikosource regarding the subject. I would like to note that you should save some recruits for Thomas that aren't depended on Thomas's level.

ChristianSoldier wrote:
Enjirube wrote:
Wow thanks, so i think i will play it in this order:

Hugo 1 (choose what option to tell Chris during their first meeting at Brass, deliver a certain something to the Lightfellow household in VdZ, and have the option of dueling Chris at Karaya)
Chris 1 (see the same actions Hugo does during his chapter, as well as witness a scene at the end of her chapter where she receives the item Hugo delivered)
Geddoe 1 (access Budehuc Castle)
Thomas 1 (see the scene with Geddoe)
Chris 2 (see a scene with three little kiddies at VdZ granted you did a sidequest in Hugo 1, option to duel Lucia, access Budehuc Castle)
Hugo 2 (witness the duel between Chris and Lucia)
Geddoe 2
Hugo 3 (option to duel Chris at Chisha, access Budehuc Castle)
Thomas 2 (see the scene with Chris and events with Hugo)
Geddoe 3 (I think you get to witness an extra scene in Budehuc if you do this after Thomas 2)
Chris 3

Do you agree that this is the best order to play in as you see all the extra scenes and duels?

& Does this allow you to get all 108 SoD ( I know this is probably a yes but i really hate missing any it really frustrates me) ?

Thanks Again Enjirube. :wink:

Here is the order from Dan Crenshaw's guide at GameFAQs:

Geddoe Chapter 1
Hugo Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 1

Chris Chapter 2
Hugo Chapter 2
Geddoe Chapter 2

Geddoe Chapter 3
Hugo Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3

Thomas Chapter 1 (Optional)
Thomas Chapter 2 (Optional)

Chapter 4
Chapter 5

I like this order better because if you do things correctly, then everyone will be able to benefit off of the others' efforts. Also, you should be able to access all of the secret scenes.

Here are a few examples of the benefits of this order:

One example of the benefits would be the various hammers needed to sharpen your weapons. Starting in Geddoe Ch. 1 have Geddoe get the Iron Hammer from the Chisha villager in the Trading Post of Great Hollow and give it to Peggi located in the Blacksmith of Great Hollow. The Iron Hammer will allow you to recruit Peggi and help both Chris and Hugo's parties once they get to Budehuc Castle. The Iron Hammer allows you to level your weapon to level 9. Next, in Geddoe Ch. 3 have Geddoe return to Caleria after the scenes in Brass Castle to get the Copper Hammer in the Blacksmith of Caleria. You should use Geddoe for this because he will already have access to Caleria at this point in the story and his party will be better at handling the Treasure Boss of the Mountain Path. Hand the hammer to Peggi to benefit Chris and Hugo even more. The Copper Hammer allows you to level up your weapon to level 12.

Another example is the benefits this order affords to Thomas. When Geddoe, Hugo, and Chris get access to Budehuc, have them put expensive vases, pictures, and statues in Castle and leave them there for Thomas' Chapters. When you get to Thomas Chapters, have him sell the vases, pictures, and statues for big money. With that money you'll be able to get Thomas' party's weapons up to level 12. Also, if you visit all of the various item stores, rune sages, and armories in the others' chapters, I think you'll be able to buy the stuff they sold in Gordon's item shop, Jeane's rune shop, and Dominic's armory in Budehuc. Also, the recruits in Hugo, Chris, and Geddoe's Chapters will help Thomas' Chapters to progress faster.

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would play as Thomas before playing the main chars.At a certain point at the game it isnt possibly playing him anymore but I forgeot when.Also playing Thomas is the most slow and boring part in the game :P

See ya Chiep
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when thomas chapter has lit. i immediately played it in my second playthrough because of somthing that is in connection later in the game.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
I would play as Thomas before playing the main chars.At a certain point at the game it isnt possibly playing him anymore but I forgeot when.Also playing Thomas is the most slow and boring part in the game :P

See ya Chiep

The point where you can't play Thomas's chapters is before going on to Chapter 4.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Hugo 1 (choose what option to tell Chris during their first meeting at Brass, deliver a certain something to the Lightfellow household in VdZ, and have the option of dueling Chris at Karaya)
Chris 1 (see the same actions Hugo does during his chapter, as well as witness a scene at the end of her chapter where she receives the item Hugo delivered)
Geddoe 1 (access Budehuc Castle)
Thomas 1 (see the scene with Geddoe)
Chris 2 (see a scene with three little kiddies at VdZ granted you did a sidequest in Hugo 1, option to duel Lucia, access Budehuc Castle)
Hugo 2 (witness the duel between Chris and Lucia)
Geddoe 2
Hugo 3 (option to duel Chris at Chisha, access Budehuc Castle)
Thomas 2 (see the scene with Chris and events with Hugo)
Geddoe 3 (I think you get to witness an extra scene in Budehuc if you do this after Thomas 2)
Chris 3

Heh. I actually posted this order over at Suikosource... and I made a mistake. Thomas Chapter 1 should be done AFTER Chris Chapter 2 so that you can get an extra scene with her. But yeah, Holy Paladin pretty much nailed the hit on the head. Uh... that didn't come out right. :?

Anyway... John Layfield, regarding your situation, like mentioned I think it's advisable that you finish at least one (not necessarily all) of the three main characters' chapter three, so that they can get the Copper Hammer at Caleria and give it to Peggi, allowing Thomas and crew to sharpen up to Level 12.

Oh, and don't forget to gather those Lightning and Fire Magic Rings during Chapter 3. You can get an unlimited supply of them in the area boss treasure chests (Lightning in the Mountain Path, Fire in the Hideaway), but once you start Chapter 4, you will not be able to avail of them anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: