Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

best hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkerman

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think will go for Riou !! I just love his Rune !! he got the most intresting weapon too ..
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh?

I haven't post here yet?

Thought I did...

Eh, I'm not quite sure, I like Geodde as a dude he is cool but he seems empty somehow, Thomas is also real, I really enjoyed his chapters...

Riou is even better of course, I like the Suikoden II storyline better than the rest and the whole friendship thing with Jowy, he somehow reminds me of my old lost innocent self...

But...

I guess my favorite by a small margin from Riou and a little more from the rest it's Tir, lots of factors are involved, mostly the death of Gremio, Teo and Ted, it was the first time I had cried with a video game then, I suppose I'm mostly emotionally attached with him that any other.

But Lazlo seems a bit better now that he speaks in Rhapsodia and we still have Hero V left.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite is Riou but Tir is really close in second place. I don't like the heroes of Suikoden 3, they look just too artificial, even Thomas. For me Thomas was faking all the game :D. Lazlo is cool too, he have more attitude than the others, like when he and Snowe were attacked and the things he does in Rhapsodia. Kyril is the most talking hero, this is good and bad at the same time, because this way we have more things to like and dislike. And I just didn't like 70% of the things Kyril said in the game.

And if you really think about it, many charaters in Suikoden can be considered heroes, like Viktor, Kiba, Flik and many others. This thread can become a "who is your favorite character" easily.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite hero was Zamza... say what you want, but he's my hero.

In a close second I have Yuber... with Clive and Pesmerga making a 3 way tie

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well my favorite hero would be......TIR!!! cause he rocks...and he is cool....
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coketastic wrote:

well can you just write what the question said
well i respect ur opinion but i'd like to know who is the hero you prefer regardless that you like him or not
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jowy wrote:
Coketastic wrote:

well can you just write what the question said
well i respect ur opinion but i'd like to know who is the hero you prefer regardless that you like him or not

if you read the first post the person doesn't specificly say the main hero of the game, although it looks like every said who they though was the best out of the main heros. so mr.coketastic said who were his heros. no need for him to say who he thinks is the main hero ;)

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
tomriddle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally favor McDohl the most... see the thing is, in the end.. it's not the destination that is important, it's the journey that matters most

..and for Suikoden I, nearing the end-game, I was amazed at just how much he has gone thru and how far he's come.. truly a wonderful journey

but I like Geddoe as well cuz he's badaxx ;P and now Suikoden V's hero because he has an engaging journey as well..
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir by a landslide(though SV hero is probably gonna kick his butt when I reach the end of the game)

next is Geddoe(some of the best lines ever)
then Riou(my only problem is when compared to Tir he seems like such a lil kid)
then Ch.2 Chris only(hey I hate her in armor)
then Luc(does that count?)
then Hugo(I think he's lame)
Lazlo?(dont know and dont care)

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ninjakoriku

Roxas Roxxors

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir used to be my all-time favorite, but I think Suikoden V's feminine prince might just take his place. :) He's really growing on me, but I think he'd have to make a cameo in a sequel to truly replace Tir.

That being said, I think Hugo looks the coolest, but his personality is just 'meh'. Not terrible, not great. Riou was okay, but I always liked Jowy more (and his rune :P ). Geddoe's definately the most badass, and I don't really care for Chris. (She has her moments though.)

As for Lazlo, I always liked Snowe more. I would've rather used him. :wink:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe. Definitely Geddoe. He manages something I rarely see: he's a pragmatist without being a dick about it. Despite popular depiction, looking at a problem, weighing the options, and using the most practical option does not mean you have to be in love with how great you are at being a TOTAL AWESOME SILENT BADASS. He's also, out of the three mains of S3, the only character who can give an interesting speech, oddly enough. The other two range from indifference (Hugo) to "Hi I'm a Mary Sue!!!!!!!" (Chris).

McDohl is a close second. Somehow, he's a silent main who you can identify with. Lotta rough stuff that happens to him, but in the end, he decides not to give up. Rudy Roughknight of Wild Arms also manages to do this well (and strangely enough, I haven't seen it done since).

They obviously tried to do this again with Riou, but he falls in to a couple problems. First, Nanami. She's obnoxious and hyperactive, not traits you want your character who does most of the speaking for the main to have. Also, apparently both he and Nanami are as dumb as a box of rocks, because when Jowy tries to have them killed and Flik and Viktor come to the rescue, they still don't realize HE'S NOT THEIR FRIEND. His final, biggest problem, is how the game treats him. You run errands for Shu the entire game, get left out of strategic-level decisions (the desertion by Ridley comes to mind), get bitch-slapped, and have the option of deserting your army and having the totally badass Ridley die.

And Lazlo? Lazlo somehow has less personality than a potato, and unlike in S2, where the main character has no discernable personality other than "doormat," he's not surrounded by a solid, well-written cast, or even a cast with much personality at all.
Future Saiyan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir all the way.......he's the 1st Suikoden hero (not plot wise of course) and he's got the Soul Eater aka Rune of Life and Death. Next would be Lazlo, then Prince of Falena, Riou, Chris, Hugo, Nash, Kyril, Geddoe, then Thomas.

I like heroes (from suikoden that is) whose true runes are somewhat of a curse.
yoonathan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thomas no doubt about it. Although he is so weak, and he knows that, he never gave up. He noticed how all the people in the castle were sad cause the masters always leave, so he didn't. He fought his dad because he wanted to. Tir was asked to fight his father, Thomas wanted to fight his father to protect the castle. He battled Zexen council and won and he looks nothing like a fighter.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito wrote:
I choose Geddoe as my favorite. It's either him or McDohl, but I'm currently leaning towards Geddoe. I liked his design a lot for starters. It really reflected his misteriousness. I was really surprised when I found out about his Rune, which is my favorite in Suikoden III and easily the strongest one in the offensive department. His party rocks too, and is the one who gets the most developement, along with Chris's. Oh, and the fact that he's well connected with the Grassland Clans, Zexen, and Harmonia is also a good reason. Because of all this Geddoe is my current favorite character.

and

Stampede wrote:
Geddoe. Definitely Geddoe. He manages something I rarely see: he's a pragmatist without being a Kenny G about it. Despite popular depiction, looking at a problem, weighing the options, and using the most practical option does not mean you have to be in love with how great you are at being a TOTAL AWESOME SILENT BADASS. He's also, out of the three mains of S3, the only character who can give an interesting speech, oddly enough. The other two range from indifference (Hugo) to "Hi I'm a Mary Sue!!!!!!!" (Chris).

I can do nothing but agree with what people before me have said about Geddoe. A lot of what made Geddoe interesting was his interactions with other people - he was the only one of the three that honestly was working through the situations presented him with no prejudice. Hugo was hating on the Zexens and Chris wasn't feeling too lovey-dovey towards the Karayans [thanks a lot, Lulu...] and here you've got Geddoe interacting with everyone and treating everyone on equal footing - even Aila, who was too ready to put an arrow in his @$$ when they made the first trip to the village. He made her a part of the team when she was basially left homeless by the Zexen.

You know something else, Geddoe being the way that he was made the people around him better, as if everyone elevated to his level and his ability and they were inspired to do so by his actions as their leader. I never chose him as my FC, but in retrospect, he has the strongest reason to want to take up the flag of the Flame Champion and carry on his name and his works. [The reason I never did: Because I think that True Runes choose their bearer, and if the True Lightning Rune originally chose Geddoe to bear it, then that is what that is and you shouldn't try to change it. Of course, I think that's another thread altogether.]

Lastly, I love Geddoe as a hero because while Hugo and Chris go through crises of faith in their respective journeys, Geddoe never wavered. He believed what he was doing was right, and he was never wishy-washy about it - he realized that his actions were going to have consequences and that along with the rewards of such, he had to bear the risks as well. It just never seemed to me that either Chris or Hugo realized that until the very end of the game, and there Geddoe is, he knew it and accepted it all along. Come to think of it, every hero in the Suikoden series evolves into the role of hero in their respective games, but Geddoe is the only one that had hero written all over him from the moment you start the game until the moment you finish the game.

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you've never had Geddoe as the Flame Champion, I strongly suggest you give it a try, if only to check out the speeches he gives at Brass Castle and onward. Whereas Hugo and Chris give basically the same speech, Geddoe talks about the original Flame Champion and how he dealt with things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: