Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

best hero
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: best hero Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just want to know whose you're best hero and why
i like riou
cause despite all other hero you can feel that you are him when playing the game and his rune was great and the rune of beginning is great really
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Suikoden hero is Jowy. I know you don't actually play as him, but I consider he and Riou to be co-heroes, so to speak, of Suikoden II.

Jowy really evokes an empathy from the player. He's just so human. He's flawed. I find to be very endearing. You almost feel sorry for him, but then you realize he doesn't need pity. I know that sounds a bit emotional for a video game character, but Jowy is just that well developed.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mc Dohl because he has a awesome weapon and he has the best looks imho.Also I like his story the best.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

McDohl will always be my favorite Tenkai. HIs story and his struggle stir up more emotions in me than any of the others.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have emotions Scarlet?! I'm both shocked and dissapointed!

Favourite hero would have to be either Riou, Chris or Lazlo. I've liked all the heroes so it's hard to pick the best.
FlikTheEternal

The Unforgiven

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris from The Zexen nights. mainly cause i love the strategy battles and you get to play the majority on her side of the story
Keo

JutsuNinjas

1161 Potch
4 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Riou from 2 hes just a great guy not once dosehe not try to help peopole.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Lazlo.... :wink:
Riou and Tir too but not that much :roll:

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought they didn't allow "My favourite is..." topics?

Anyhow, to stay on topic my favourite hero is probably Nash. Its a weird one to say but he just seems to have everything in hand, running around and making sure events go as planned without being thrust into glory.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikosource doesn't (although they do have 4 forums devoted to the crazy theories of lunatics, go figure) but I'm not sure about Suikox.

Now that you mention it Nash is a good hero, that puts my favourite hero count up to 4. Damn it, it's meant to get smaller not bigger! Chris, Riou, Lazlo or Nash....who to pick....
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I choose Geddoe as my favorite. It's either him or McDohl, but I'm currently leaning towards Geddoe. I liked his design a lot for starters. It really reflected his misteriousness. I was really surprised when I found out about his Rune, which is my favorite in Suikoden III and easily the strongest one in the offensive department. His party rocks too, and is the one who gets the most developement, along with Chris's. Oh, and the fact that he's well connected with the Grassland Clans, Zexen, and Harmonia is also a good reason. Because of all this Geddoe is my current favorite character.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You were surprised at Geddoe's rune?! What about the masked bishop? Personally I found both pretty obvious, it was still a clever bit to the story though.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mcdohl is my favorite Tenkai star. His struggle against his father and his empire is just so epic and moving.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thomas is the only Tenkai or hero I ever really gave a damn about.

Fact is, Riou in Suikoden II was just a puppet for Shu. It was a really prominent and, in some ways, quite disturbing thread throughout the plot. In fact, I'd say Riou had the least amount of personality out of all the 'Silent Tenkai's'.

Tir McDohl was better, of course, but I only felt any real connection with the chap during his brief appearance in Suikoden II where he seems to be suffering much more than he ever did in Suikoden I.

Lazlo, of Suikoden IV fame, I did actually begin to warm to, up until around the time you're exiled from Razril. After that the plot rockets into hyperspeed and before I knew it the game was over.

Geddoe's mysteriousness is a crock with all his silence and lack of information used solely to avoid spoiling half the game for the player. He does have a decent storyline, however.

Hugo may be able to talk, but in almost every way he's mind-numbingly generic. The only thing that could've made him more of an RPG hero cliche is if he had shouted "NOOOOO!" when Lulu snuffed it.

Chris Lightfellow is a great character and one of my favourites, period. Great development and storyline without having to resort to 'female hero' cliches about conflicts between insulting 'male' and 'female' sides of their personality.

But, in the end, Thomas is the most 'real' of all the heroes. He's just a guy, thrust into a role he didn't really desire and who has to grow to fit it. He does this in a realistic manner, mind you, and not in the traditional Tenkai way of accepting the role as leader and suddenly all their inabilities melt away.

Honestly, the much touching scenes for me were all in Thomas' chapters. Especially Cecile's defence of him at Budehuc when he was about to be forcefully removed as master.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lion heart

Ultima clan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me its a tie between the hero in suikoden 2 and the hero in suikoden they both have qualities that i can identify with and they both have runes that i would like to have if was in the world of suikoden.

suikoden 2 hero (don't know his first or second name) bright shield rune, those tonfas, buddy attack,double hero attack, family attack and that unite that he does with HOI thats just classic...

suikoden hero (...McDohl) soul eater rune, master pupil attack, double hero attack, that staff, being so much stronger that every one else when he comes back in suikoden 2, killing others to make himself stronger (on come on its ironic)...

they are both mute so we don't get to know what they are thinking and feeling, they both have people that are willing die for them (nanimi and gremio)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: