Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Inaccessible Rene

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Inaccessible Rene Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been trying to tackle the RUins of Obel and while searching with Rene I've been having some problems.

My main question is: do the dig spots vary each time you go in or are they set? Do you only get one shot at them or can you go back in and try again?

In the Tunder Chamber I found no dig spots but there were three chests. In the Rage Chamber there was one chest and two dig spots. In the Flowing Chamber, there were two chests and one dig spot apiec, but the dig spot (and one of the ones in the rage Chamber) were both on floating islands that can only be reached on a flying mount. Since Rene cannot mount owls, the only way to get her there would be to fly there with someone else and switch to Rene. After she digs, she is then stuck there. You would need to switch to another flyer to get back. Since you cannot switch someone out and then back in, there was no way to get those spots this time through. If I went back in, would those spots be in the same place or would they change locations? Would they even be there at all?

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish I knew. This is a problem I also encounter. But I think the buried treasures are ranomized every time, except for Quest Guild items.

^Actual quote!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried it once. I think they are randomized. I found this out when i was digging some stuff in the flowing chamber. I had to get out early so i couldn't dig all of them. I remember all the places to get the items i left behind, but suddenly, they were moved somewhere else...

I guess it's better to wait...

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Each treasure has two or three possible locations. Their actual locations are randomized in each battle.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are right. Each of the free maps have two to three different versions, which are randomly selected when you enter the map. However, both treasures and enemies' starting positions are fixed in each version, so you should be able to figure out which version you are on by looking at the monsters' starting locations.

Like Blue Thunder said, the Quest items have constant location across all versions. i.e. the Ancient Dish appears at the exact same spot on Obel Ruins Level 3, regardless of enemy formation. The other items, no.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually all the ancient items can be found in different locations. I found the ancient dish in two different places during two different playthroughs (Bottom right and top left). And the ancient ring can be found in at least two places that I know of. (Pyramid on the left and middle of the T platform)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a habit of digging every turn with Rene, to the extent that I'm now almost convinced that I have to dig for her to see treasures... I'm guessing its just coincidence but whenever I run her around and dont dig she never finds anything but if I do dig she does.

Am I just going crazy or do I need to be digging every turn?

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think she needs to dig. I never noticed it helping. With Treasure Hunt at S she can see anything that is within her max movement radius. In Mido Shallows while looking for her Stones of Happines she would uncover two or even three at a time. And they disappear once she goes out of range and she has to go near them again to make them show again.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She'll find stuff whether you dig or not, the item just has to be within her radius. I'm not sure what that is exactly but I think it's 8 when she has a S rank. The only item you MUST get with her the first time is the Ancient Dish on level 5 of the Obel Ruins before the poison drains out.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
I have a habit of digging every turn with Rene, to the extent that I'm now almost convinced that I have to dig for her to see treasures... I'm guessing its just coincidence but whenever I run her around and dont dig she never finds anything but if I do dig she does.

Am I just going crazy or do I need to be digging every turn?

It's a good way to build exp for her.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might as well; the animation isn't long and, as Earthquake923 says, it's a good way to build EXP for her, which is especially important when you have to use her while attacking enemies are still out. X_X

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If she's a low level, dig with her in the obel ruins. My Rene went from level 10 to 30 in three battles. Dig constantly and level up her skill as soon as you can, it's definitely worth it.

Draikhan

Ragear Dragoons

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The final item to dig is in the Earth Chamber.
It is recommended that Rene is at a high level with good equipment to prevent death by dragon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: