Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New things you want Suikoden to incorporate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

having unite magic for the True Runes would surely wreak havoc on the battlefield... But i think that's a good idea too! Imagine something like... [Everlasting Judgement] from RoP and Soul Eater... or the usual Thor and Burning Camp from the elemental runes... except for the huge power up!

Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've already seen this from the trailers, but I'd like LOTS of combo attacks. I like the one I saw in one of the trailers where all of the Knights of Falena (and theprince, of course) charge forward and slice the enemies. I'm hoping that there's more than just the people who you recruit that come in pairs (ex: Ran and her father). And, I'm hoping that the combo attacks are really powerful.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only downside sometimes to 6-member unite attacks is that all of them have to be there. And, this way, you have to sacrifice a turn just to do one attack. They should be totally awesome just to let it not seem like a waste. But technically, i think it's rather enjoyable to have lots of combo attacks...

Strategy is the key...

MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true, Vf.

We would either risk allies with one of those all-party attacks, or we could play it safe and attack normally.

I am getting excited about all the attacks that we've seen so far. Seems that they are making up for the lack of animations from the last game somewhat...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I think what Konami really needs to add is some sort of sidequest accessible near the end of the game in which you have to fight a hidden boss of the sort that requires real strategy to beat. Admit it people how many of you had to think long and hard to beat any enemy in the previous installments? I would really like an enemy to really tax my gaming abilities. Just imagine expending your entire Rune spells on a single mob and it still being alive.

Ahhh I savour the thought of a real challenge.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed an enemy like Galamoth in Castevania Symphony of the Night would be wicked. If you stumbled in on Galamoth basically you were screwed, he had legions of HP, big AOE attacks and was two screens tall. There are of course now numerous strategies for beating him, but I remember the first time I fought him being totally outmatched.

Another boss I'd like to give as such an example would be Gahleon from Lunar 1. The final boss fight was everything you said, even saving up the really strong healing items for that battle alone I would throw everything I had at him and have to be constantly healing my party.. to the extent that I beat him twice ( died after the first time! >< ) and each time even when I knew how strong he was, I was nearly dead with all characters and out of healing and magic as well. Great stuff that was.

Another boss that lingers in my memory was the first time I fought Bloodbane in Valkyrie Profile - aside from the fact he would do more and more damage the less HP he had it was just insanely tough to beat him without having pristine top of the line equipment. He could kill me 4 times a round every round - go go angel curios and guts!

Of course there are always the insane bosses SquareEnix likes to throw out there - Penance from FFX for one - I mean even with maxed stats and using quick hits it took my friend 1.5 hours of 99999 damage to kill him. Things like that are ... just stupidly strong. See here the max stats and such

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Secret Bosses near the near the end of the game is such a cliche... But i think it's not that cliche enough to be infamous. So i guess, that would be a good idea. At least Suikoden can still be linear with just a few detours. I dislike games where i forget what i'm supposed to do due to all the things i need to finish...

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I'm not fussed too much about a uber hard secret boss near the end of the game WHEN COMPARED to a long, tricky, treasure ridden side quest to recruit a few very worthwhile characters. That would be nice.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like the elemental sword runes to be back. on a side note these were use in s3 right? my memory is glummy right now.

yes a side quest for treasures since we're getting lorelai and killey maybe we'll be having a treasure hunt again! and man just thinking of true rune unites that would be awesome!

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Secret uber-powerful bosses just aren't Suikoden. The monsters and people in this game are supposed to be "real" in the Suikoden world. A Final Fantasy game can get away with having an insanely powerful monster around every turn.

Personally...I would rather they make the already existing boss battles last longer. There are some bosses in Suikoden 1 and 2 that go down in only a few turns. They need to at least double the boss HP, if not triple it. I love long-lasting boss battles.

^Actual quote!
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate them. I do not want Xenosaga Episode II boss battles in Suikoden. I like having 5 minute boss battles, not 30-40 minute boss battles.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the bosses need to have more HP so much as do more damage. Last time I played through Suikoden 2 ... other than the Luca battles I only had one person die ever - falling victim to an instant death ray from Neclord.

Bosses in a turn based game like Suikoden need to have you sitting between rounds wondering about how you will overcome them, as it is you throw all your best at them and they're gone before they're much of a threat. However - if you force a party to be defensive from the get go by having bosses with great powers like attacking the back row physically to deal to true mages or large AOE attacks.

If you think back to S2 enemies like the Golem before Neclord or the Rat in the sewers, they were tricky because first they took a few rounds to kill, and second because they had devastating entire party attacks. The golem of course had the extra bonus that you forced yourself to hold back fighting it since Neclord was straight after.

Suikoden 3 I think did bosses really well - if you weren't prepared and ran into something like a Sarah battle or fighting the true fire/water rune incarnations you could quite easily get obliterated. Even though I can kill Rincar in one round now, it is a glass cannon strategy because the party suffers defensively because of it and more than once Rincar has instead obliterated me in one round.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, if you wanted, you could leave the cave after fighting the golem and return to your Headquarters to heal up. Of course, you would have to do another fun filled journey back to where you fought the golem, but it might be worth the time.

Once or twice, I was able to take Neclord out in two or three turns at the most.

I actually don't mind semi-long boss fights. I don't want them to take an hour or so, but I don't want them to be over within like three or so minutes.

I never used anyone overly-powerful all that much, since I didn't want too much damage to be dealt and the battles to be over within three rounds of them starting, that would've been too easy for a final boss...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with that. I think if ever Suikoden V or future Suikoden do come out, they shoul incorporate things like this. I mean, Super hard alternative boss battles are a good thing to add and the treasure hunting with Lorelai sounds nice too... But even though it is making the game more challenging, wouldn't it be fun if they were also gonna affect the story in one way or another?

Regarding bossbattle, i don't mind ending it quickly, but sometimes, if the boss mmonsters become too easy the fun goes away. Do you think they should incorporate level up of bosses with the player? Just a thought... (though i can already see what the reactions might be...)

BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:

Suikoden 3 I think did bosses really well - if you weren't prepared and ran into something like a Sarah battle or fighting the true fire/water rune incarnations you could quite easily get obliterated. Even though I can kill Rune Incarnation in one round now, it is a glass cannon strategy because the party suffers defensively because of it and more than once Rune Incarnation has instead obliterated me in one round.

Personally, I think Suikoden III boss battles were the best of the series, overall. I still remember how hard the final battle with Sarah was, with those griffons by her side, inside the Sindar Ruins. Boss battles (at least the later ones) that make every decision you make a critical one. That's what the series needs, moving forward, in my humble opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: