Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New things you want Suikoden to incorporate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The animated Suikoden scenes and intros were one of the reasons i liked the game in the first place. I wish they'd put it back again. I know it may be some effort for the designers, but it's definitely worth it! It helps those studying animation as well!

LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yap!!!and Suikoden III theme song is soOo NICE!!! :lol:
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the animated cut-scenes are nicely done. There hopefully will be more in this game, and we'll get an opening that might be on the same level as S3, if not above.

I would like the possibility of bringing back from S2 where you had to pick between certain people to be stars and what not (Like the three animals, Valerai-Kasumi). I don't know how that would be done this time, though...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The anime intros to the SuikoGaidens are simply spectacular. They most definetly need to bring them back. I for one don't like seeing the 'FMV' style cutscenes like from the FF games...I'd rather see the in-game graphics take care of stuff like that. Suikoden should do what Xenosaga does, use the in-game graphics for the cinema scenes, but still make them video files so they aren't restricted by loading problems and such. They would essentially be 'FMVs' but would look like the in-game graphics.

The anime intros are sorely missed. Most people assumed they were going to be a mainstay of the series after SuikoGaiden 1 and 2 and then Suikoden 3 had them. But instead we get crappy CG intros. Heck, I'd rather see the character collages from Suikoden 1 and 2 again rather than see another bad CG intro.

^Actual quote!
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watch SIII's intro every time I play that game. I've never skipped it once.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I skip it only when I play it for a few days at a time. Other then that, I usually watch it.

If there are any special cut-scenes, it would be nice to have them like Working Designs did Lunar (animated with voice acting).

Official Smoke Bomb User

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you, MMan. Having CG graphics is good and modern, bu nothing beats the old fashioned beauty of animation-styled intros. I was hoping there would be something like an FMV anime in Suikoden as well. It'll make it more pleasing ot the eye. O_O

Besides, after seeing the CG intro of IV, well... ^_^

Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III's intro was definately my favorite. I like anime, though. I think the opening movie for Suikoden V isn't animated, which saddens me, and in the trailers on the official site, there's slips of the scenes, ahich are not animated.

I'm just glad that the portraits of the characters next to the text changes with their emotions. That was one thing I loved about Suikoden II and Suikoden III. I seriously hope that those small facial expressions change more than when there's an important scene, though. That was one thing missing from Suikoden IV, in my opinion.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you one that! Character portraits that change should also be implemented! Though i hope all important character will have those as well. Even the non-importaant ones. Though it is too much to ask for in a game, i think it'll make it much better. I feel bad for the team of artists though... ^^

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Suikoden game that I can't remember incorporating changing portraits for different emotions in some form is Suikoden I.

Suikoden II done it sparingly and I can't say anything about Suikoden III and Suikoden IV also done it very sparingly but it was there.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing it being used for important scenes. After all, it's hard to picture the Tenkai wearing an affable grin when he's encountering one of the, no doubt numerous, tragedies that will befall him throughout the game.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree with the intro hope that they bring it back. i also watch it whenever i have the chance of playing s3 the song the movements nicely done although we didn't see scenes that are in the anime and when i was playing s3 and suikoden for that matter i was hunting for that anime in every shop that i know that sells even the little animes. but alas it's really only the intros i hope that they make an anime out of suikoden games. that we'll really put the fans in a frenzy.

and the pix next to the text yes that is definitly needed unless we want a blank face in the middle of an important scene.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it would be nice to have the faces actually show emotions. Suikodens II-IV did it some, but not enough. One person that should have emotions would be the hero, I don't like seeing a big smile when someone near to him dies. I imagine him popping up out of nowhere and saying, "The bad news is, someone dear to me died. The good news is, I just saved a bunch of money on my caravan insurance by switching to Geico."

Official Smoke Bomb User

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best game for changing expressions/moods in the "text face" or avatar was Lunar. They didn't have -that- many different expressions, but they were always changing and it did a lot to show how the characters reacted to diffrent situations. Grandia was another one that changed the avatar expressions a lot.

They don't need lots of expressions, just to change them often.

Currently like has been said there are only event based avatar changes:

Suikoden 1 : none

Suikoden 2 : Jowy had a few showing his expressions, Pilika had a couple changing when she spoke and not.

Suikoden 3 : Chris had a different avatar when she changed costumes...

Suikoden 4 : Best avatar change ever - deciding to stay on the desert island! Oh my that made me laugh!

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want a unite between True Runes.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its a pity really - they had such a good chance to do massive true rune unites in Suikoden 3 but they took them away entirely. Rune of Punishment and Soul Eater? I don't think they really should have a unite - though the unite in GS2 makes even less sense. Black Sword and Bright Sheild should have one, and I believe therefore that dusk and dawn would make a nice one too.

Then again none of the elemental runes can unite with their opposites so perhaps not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: