Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New things you want Suikoden to incorporate
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: New things you want Suikoden to incorporate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really want Konami to put a day/night cycle into Suikdoen. Radiata Stories had one and it supposedly made the character recruitment drive in that game that much more involving than the one found in Suikoden. You had characters have actual lives, and they weren't always in the same place. It sounds annoying but I think that Konami would be able to make it better. After all, they came up with this character recruitment thing in the first place.

What ways would you evolve the Suikoden formula?
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a day/night feature in s4, it was just plot specific really.

Personally i find the towns rather bland, as after whatever event you have to do there its the same town with the same people saying the same things and it looks the same, so theres really little point in going back unless you want to. Perhaps more town specific events or things which keep you away from your hq and exploring the culture and scenery.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prefer a day/night cycle put into the gameplay like Zelda or Dragon Quest VIII.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think day and night would be great.
But more importantly more mini quests involving the characters, such as longer quest to make the game seem longer...

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The day and night cycle is a nice idea for most games. I did play Radiata Stories, and at times, I kept telling myself "This feels like Suikoden recruiting." If they are aiming for a sense of realism, then they should consider something like that for future games. (I'm assuming that it's too late for Suikoden 5)

This would have been the perfect game to start the system thanks to the dawn, Sun, and Dusk runes. The problem is the necessity of a system in traditional Suikoden plots. It seems out of place in normal Suikodens. But barring that conflicting idea, it would give NPC's and possible recruits, new life and add a sense of realism. What I liked about Radiata Stories was that their characters never stood still. Now, I have to admit that they may have had to pull that off because just about everyone you met was recruitable, but NPC's can benefit from this too. Say you had to give someone an item for recruitment, to add realism to the game; you won't be able to give it to that person during the middle of the night, when that person is in bed. Similarly, people could have odd habits in odd hours, so you would have to recruit people in odd hours during the night.

The other time system was Pokémon Gold and Silver where time ran along with the real world . . . not that I know of the game itself, I just heard about it! :D

That was pretty innovative too since some events and side quests were only available on certain days and certain hours. Of course, these were few in number since that's a rather harsh game to master with that kind of system. I'm merely mentioning it but I don't recommend it for Suikoden. I wouldn't want to set my alarm for 4 a.m. just to get some piece of clay for some guy I have to recruit the next day at lunch!

I think the hero's personality and background would largely depend on this, but I would like some type of Guild/Hunter system for wanted criminals or monsters. Rhapsodia had a nice Guild System, but I'm talking more advanced. Suikoden has their share of shady major characters, so why not have a few minor ones to raise our potch? Tasks would range from minor tasks like rat extermination, cutting grass and buying Mega Medicine; all the way to major efforts such as tracking down a Jewelry Thief, or a less strict Elza type of Quest that forces you to visit multiple cities to track down a Star of Destiny.

I've said many times before that I'm all for revisiting cities in a game to give players a chance to truly admire the scenery, especially if there was a good reason to come back in the first place.

This is something relatively minor, but it would be nice if they showed all the participating leaders in the war battles. They already showed one particular SOD in the major war battle trailer, but how about the rest of the entourage?

I know it's too hard to but all 108 characters and non-stars in there, but if the Generals had assistants in battle, (Like Shu and Klaus in Suikoden 2) then they should at least be part of the animation.

Finally, versatile scenery. This includes a desert or two, forests, mountains, possibly an island, snowy areas, plains, Marshes, and anything else that applies.

Edit: I forgot. Add a New Game + like Tales of Symphonia (JBL's idea) and also a bonus side event and dungeon unlockable after beating the game once.

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another game that ran on real time was Animal Crossing, for the Gamecube. Whatever time you set it to, it was that time, and then an internal clock would take it from there. I would like that very much for Suikoden V.

I guess I want different minigames incorporated, branching further than the traditional card/dice/coin games. I wouldn't mind if those games were still there, but I want new games, too, that people will actually play. I also want the characters that you recruit who play the minigames to be fighters. I can only think of one or two characters who were "gamblers" who fought. I really hope Rinfa, the new card player, is a fighter.

I guess I would like a new nation to be introduced into this game...perhaps a small island nation close to Falena, or some other neighboring country on the land mass that Falena rests on. Even if they talked about Gaien or Kanakan, that would be most appreciated.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I wouldnt' want an Animal Crossing real time clock. :(

Yeah that's another reason I wanted it in V, Ced: Dusk and Dawn Runes. It would be totally plot related.

What was new game + like in ToS? Never did new game +.

Is it possible for one you guys who knows Japanese to suggest a daytime/nighttime cycle to the King in his blog? He answers comments so I want to know what he'd think.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

King is the Art Director, and none of those people who post in the blog directly answer comments (as far as I know).

Even if you wanted to suggest it for a future game (since it's waaaay too late for Suikoden V), your suggestion would likely go unacknowledged.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: New things you want Suikoden to incorporate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
I really want Konami to put a day/night cycle into Suikdoen. Radiata Stories had one and it supposedly made the character recruitment...

Hehe they already had that in the later pokemon series so radiata wasn't first

It could make the game longer, because you have to wait until morning or to the night and so on..but i don't think that this would be the best addition to suikoden..
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
What was new game + like in ToS? Never did new game +.

during the corse of the game you get "Grade" points from battles...it depends on how fast, which moves you used and how many damage you took and gave...during the first playthru you cant do anything with them...until new game+ you can spend them on different things you would like in the ng+ mode...like 100 grade for 2x exp for example (i dont remember what the exact cost and such were)...

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, I sort of like the day and night thing. I think adding a bit more to when and how you recruit characters could be a neat idea. That said of course, it's also one of those things that could flop just as easily as it could suceed. If Suikoden V is their big jump to get the series rolling again, I imagine they didn't want to take the chance on it.
It may be a concept to try in suikoden VI whenever that comes around though ^^

Other than that, I'm not very innovative with thinking up new ideas at the moment, I'll have to see if I can come up with anything later on.

-My DeviantArt-
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, yes, day and night sounds good.

But if you looked at the trailer/promo video, didn't the battles seem to hint a more diverse form of battle formation? Like in Star Ocean, how you can arrange the party members to follow a diamond formation, Cavalry charge formation, etc? It seems to me that even if they don't put it in SV, they might see what they can do about using more complex battle formations instead of the orthodox front row/back row.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanna see more CG scenes like in FInal Fantasy 9. I always like the CG so I think it would be nice to see this more in the Suikoden series, it is always good to see a character in a CG movie, you can see more details.

There is something I want to see in Suikoden 5 specifically, is a gladiatorial mini game, maybe a tournament in wich you actually fight, but not in the RPG turn battle but in an action mini game. Is kinda hard for this to happen but who knows?
And maybe you could play some major battles in the gladiatorial arena (the one we saw in the Suikoden V movie here in SARS) as a way of training.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd rather have anime scenes than CG, I really like the openings for Suikoden III and the Gaidens and it would be awesome to have one for VI (I don't think they're doing one for V, I could be wrong though) and also for bits of action.

EDIT: I'd also like a quest for most characters apart from their recruiting. And if they actually put time and effort into them it would make for one long, interesting and fun game.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that you said it I think I would like anime scenes too. I totaly forgot abut Suikoden III intro. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: