Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

the story of Tekken
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: the story of Tekken Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive been playing tekken 5 latley and i got a wondering, who are the offical winners of the 5 tournements. It never seems to say, i heard ,of a book that describes in detail all the characters and plotlines etc, but it seems a bit pointless finding a whole book just to find the answer to on simple question, hope someone out there can help.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Paul Phoenix won one of the Iron Fist tournaments, either the first or second that would have been I guess. Apart from that I don't have a clue who the official winners have been.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paul Phoenix was technically the winner of the third tournament, if I remember correctly. He won the regular tournament and left, and then Ogre turned up and Jin beat Ogre so Jin got the credit.

I do know that Paul didn't win either of the first two and the third King of Iron Fist Tournament was supposed to be his 'last chance' to win.

I think Kazuya Mishima won the first tournament, defeating Heihachi and taking over his corportation.

Heihachi then took the second tournament, defeating Kazuya to regain the corporation.

I have no clue who won the fourth or fifth tournaments, however.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Paul Phoenix was technically the winner of the third tournament, if I remember correctly. He won the regular tournament and left, and then Ogre turned up and Jin beat Ogre so Jin got the credit.

Well, Paul Phoenix thought he won, that's why he left early, but the tournament wasn't ended there officially. It was continued, and as you said, Jin won. I'm just switching your words round a bit, since you were practically right in the first place.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Kazuya wins the fourth, or Jin. From what I remember, their endings bleed into each other - Jin wakes up chained to the wall I think in the middle of Kazuya's ending.

I think Jin's is the correct ending (he's the one who has the pretty feathers and flies away, yes?), but Kazuya technically won the tournament. Kinda like Paul in Tekken 3.

(There are too damn many Mishimas in that game....So hard to remember which is which!)

Is Tekken 6 out already?! :shock: Generally, fighting game storylines don't reveal who won until the next installment, so I'd guess you have to go look for Tekken 6 info if you want that.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tekken one was won by Kazuya, shown by him throwing Heihachi over the cliff and stuff. Two was then won by Heihachi, who just returned the favor.

Hwoarang won the third as evidenced by him having the King of Iron Fist trophy. If he defeated Jin before reaching Heihachi, he would have also won the 4th but was detained by the Mishima Corporation before the semi finals and thus, was not able to compete. I don't know why everyone else is saying Paul won the third one since he's never won a single tournament ever. Even in Tekken 5, he enters it trying to prove to everyone that he's the best.

Jin won the 4th tournament legally but was captured by Heihachi to awaken the devil gene. Tekken 5's winner is unannounced but there are lots of candidates. (Jin, Asuka, Kazuya and Wang all have plot related endings) The most plausible winner, at least in my opinion, would be Wang Jinrei as he's the only character who ties in with Jinpachi Mishima that doesn't make himself look like an idiot in the end.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I remember of their stories, Paul Phoenix beat Kuma in Tekken 3, leading to Kuma going feral and training in the mountains in his introduction in Tekken 4. The fates were reversed and I'm pretty sure it says in Paul's opening of Tekken 5 that he lost to Kuma in Tekken 4 and his intro was a similar running away into the mountains to train.

This all compounds to the most amusing victory in Tekken 5 where Paul dances around Kuma yelling about how great he is.

I'm not sure that you can say that Hwoarang won Tekken 3 just because he's holding the trophy in his ending... while the story of the rivalry between him and Jin is continued in later games, it doesn't really explain the defeat of ogre or the set up of the next Tekken.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heihachi won the 2nd tournament rather easily, from what I read. I guess I'd be in a smoking rampage if I was screwed over by my own kid, too.

Poor Paul, he never wins. He was pretty close in Tekken one, but he lost to Kazuya before Kazuya went on to beat Heihachi. He did beat Kuma in Tekken 3, but in Tekken 4, Kuma got redemption and beat him as well. I never understood his ending in Tekken 5 either. I prefer to ignore it.

I think Wang is a good candidate for the winner as well. Lei Woolong's ending mentions the letter Jinpachi wrote to Wang asking him to come.

Edit: Keh? Paul won the 3rd? He actually won?

Last edited by Cedric on Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just finished playing through Tekken 3 again with Paul and I stand corrected. Checked with a bunch of Tekken canon geeks as well and now admit that Paul officially won the 3rd.

My my. That was embarassing.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thank you all. being a hardcore rpg fan i feel that i need to know the full story of characters and events. personally i hope the offical winner of 5 is asuka, shes cool.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am sure, that Paul was in the finals in Tekken 2, but Kuma attacked him and because Paul couldn't get in the ring in time, he's lost the fight automatically.

The Fool
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That could explain there rivalry, any news on an offical winner yet or do i have to wait or the next game to come out?
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fighting games tend to declare the official champion of their previous installment in the next installment, so I guess we should wait for Tekken 6 to know...

Wait a minute. So basically Heihachi threw Kazuya off a cliff when he was little, which is retaliated by Kazuya throwing Heihachi off a cliff, which is yet again revenged by Heihachi throwing Kazuya off a cliff the second time? That family has some serious issues...

Also, did Jin ever been thrown over a cliff by anybody in the course of the series?

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, he was just tied to a rocket with Kazuya and there Grampa, not sure if thata the offical ending though.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:

Also, did Jin ever been thrown over a cliff by anybody in the course of the series?

It's not "canon", but in Heihachi's T3 ending, Heihachi throws Jin out of a helicopter. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: