Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Toughest Enemy..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

III-The final boss was my problem. Most of the other runes kept coming back because i didn't get to the water rune first I always went for fire and lighning since they were deadly to me.

IV-The Ancient Crab until i got to atleast level 60((Hero)) then he got pwned cuase of the last spell Everlasting Mercy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the zombie dragon in suikoden 1 is hard. kills 3-4 of my characters before i can finish him off.

luca blight is also tough. i almost lost to him at the duel because at my first play i thought that when the party battle was over, its over, but surprise! damn him.

that tree in suikoden 4. i didnt expect that that will be the final boss (i was just playing my younger sister's game that time, and i was surprised to see her characters there while my story is only at the preparation before the army attack el-eal:P) kinda caught me of guard. hehe.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the hardest boss i have come across was the final boss in s3,that luc turns into.just hated how when you try to use a true runes high power attack and the chant takes so long.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since its not been mentioned I will talk about the troubles I've had with that moth on the way to greenhill. Not the original one, that's easy... the one when you get Tir.

Now you come into the fight thinking "yeah I've got all my strongest characters + Tir with Soul Eater, time to rip a boss apart!"... but my oh my this guy can be nasty. His entire party lightning attack just decimates you and basically every time I fight him I underestimate his power and die.

Now obviously this isn't a problem since as soon as you are wiped out Riou and Tir unite their runes and do that massive attack.... which really is a sight to see, but it still gets me how I know this boss is going to be hard but it always manages to beat me XD

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're right! That moth was pretty tough.

I don't think anybody mentioned that Rat in the cave under the Winger district. At least there was a save spot right before him, but even so the journey through the cave takes its toll on you and then you have to fight that pain in the butt rodent. I think my main trouble with it was I had Riou use all of his Lvl 1 healings (that also cure status ailments) and then I'd get poisoned repeatedly during that fight with no antidote!

How about that Queen Ant from Suikoden 1 huh? Yeeaaaa.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Since its not been mentioned I will talk about the troubles I've had with that moth on the way to greenhill. Not the original one, that's easy... the one when you get Tir.

Now you come into the fight thinking "yeah I've got all my strongest characters + Tir with Soul Eater, time to rip a boss apart!"... but my oh my this guy can be nasty. His entire party lightning attack just decimates you and basically every time I fight him I underestimate his power and die.

Now obviously this isn't a problem since as soon as you are wiped out Riou and Tir unite their runes and do that massive attack.... which really is a sight to see, but it still gets me how I know this boss is going to be hard but it always manages to beat me XD

what i usually do when it involves into the moth,have it kill your entire party and you'll be in for a sweet scene.riou uses his soul eater and you get your first glimps at riou use his level 4 spell even though it hasn't be unlocked by lenkatt yet.

Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destiny's Warrior wrote:
Highwind wrote:
Second place goes to the Zombie Dragon at Toran Castle. Man, was that a tough SOB or what? Even after doing the Great Forest trick, I still had a bit of difficulty on that one.

Heh, i am quite glad i'm not the only one who thought that. The damn thing always takes down my whole party and leaves Tir to battle it one on one with just his physical attacks doing any real damage. I don't even want to think how many Medicines i used on that battle.

yeah i was so frustrated as i played suikoden back in 1996.. i was so young and hadn't played any real RPGs.. It was tought and sometimes i just wanted to smash the controller against my psx and never play it again..but than a hour later i tried it again.. And later when i came to this enemy..i finished him easily because i knew the system behind him..his attacks and so on...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i also had a hard time with the zombie dragon,until i figured out i could leave the lake castle and go back into town to upgrade weapons and armor.

Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rock Golem in the mines of Tinto where pretty tough when I fought them for the first time. Also the bonedragon Yuber summons can be somehwat difficult if you aren't prepared. But the toughest one for me was always the last boss of Suikoden II, the 2 cerberus Wolf. That always took some time to defeat, but because it was the last boss, I would go into the fight with maxed weapons, the best items and equipement and the strongest runes.
Shigure

Nemui Buntai

150887 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Undead in Suikoden 4 are a nuisance if you're messing around and don't have any mages or group-attack members in your party. If you don't kill them all at the same time, they just keep coming back to life.

Ughh.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Machiavellian wrote:
The Rock Golem in the mines of Tinto where pretty tough when I fought them for the first time.

My brother found difficulty on that one too, but he discovered that Lightning Magic does extra damage to the damn golem, so he embedded a lightning rune of Viktor's attack and gave him the Double-strike rune found on the same mines. Sierra also had a Thunder rune on her weapon and he just made her attack, then cast Stealer of Souls ONLY when needed (we need mana because we can't rest between this battle and the one with Neclord).

It doesn't make sense that a Rock Golem is susceptible to Lightning magic or elemental attacks. After all, in Suikoden IV and Tactics, doesn't Earth defeat Lightning?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yep earth should defeat lightning. i also found it weird that a stone giant was very weak to lightning but the bone dragon that yuber summons couldn't take damange from lightning attacks.

Ultimate Strategist

Leader of the Dragon Company

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sarah at the end of Suikoden 3, with Chris. Damn b*tch. I only stood a chance if she healed at the beginning instead of burning my party to death. :x Eventually I subbed Futch and Bright and there and owned her.

The final boss of Suikoden 4 gave me a problem my first playthrough. But I only recruited 80 characters, had no second level runes and like level 9 weapons.

Didn't have much trouble in Suikoden I

And in Suikoden II...The final boss, because I didn't know about that recovery point you could use after you fought Culgan and Seed...

"True peace is impossible. Only an illusion of
peace exists in the superficial calm of our lives.."
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The very first time I played Suikoden 2 I didn't get along with Luca. I had only trained the characters I was plasing with the most, but that wasn't enough. After two losses I gave up. It takes 2 month until I tried it again with most characters a lot stronger. I won this, but I lost the duel... I did't take it too serious, because Luca was nearly defeated... This thought was a big mistake. It took two more month until I gave it another try.

The Beast Rune was the first time a tough enemy. I played with Shiro this time... It was really nerve-wracking, but I did it. You can't believe how proud of myself I was :) At this time Final Fantasy wasn't a big deal anymore and Suikoden was the first game, that made me proud finishing it, after a long time without such a climax, because this time it was a real struggle for me (It took a while till I was better in this game) ;)

The Fool
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The person that gave me the most trouble was Sarah, from Suikoden III. It was the last the last fight with her at the ruins, and it was a doozy. I don't know what it was, man; the fact that I didn't level up most of my characters well, or the fact that I didn't utilize my magic correctly. I remember her Water Magic causing great pain to my party. And whenever I did some significant damage to her, she would just cure herself. There were a point where I lost fifteen stright times, and I just had enough of her. I went to look for some strategies, and I found out about some sweet Earth Magic spells that would help against her stuff. I knew about the Flowing Rune's Silent Lake, so I was using that, but it looked like I needed some more tricks up my sleeve. I forget what spells I casted with the Earth Rune, but whatever it was, it sure helped.

Another thing that didn't help my cause was I liked Sarah a whole lot. She was real cute.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: