Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

RPG Voice Acting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brecht wrote:
Roger Ebert also recently stated that Games are not art, but with the advent of voice acting, I think it is easy to disagree. If gaming in itself is not art, it certainly now combines almost every other form of art in existance. Why should this collaboration not be considered art? But, that's a whole other discussion.

Ah heck, Ebert is a critic, which means he makes a living being an opinionated such and such. Given that there are artistic endeavors in almost all gaming, to a greater or lesser extent, I think he's just being an art snob. Art can be broadly defined as the conscious application of skill and imagination, so I would think most games can count in some way.

I'd also venture that any conscious effort in voice acting to portray some character is art. Now it could be BAD art, but it's still art. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: