Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

(Characters with Distinct Non-Falenan Appearance/Dress)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: (Characters with Distinct Non-Falenan Appearance/Dress) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was looking at the screen grabs of the trailer where a large number of the 108 stars flash by the screen and I thought to myself, is Konami including any characters whose appearance indicates that they are from a certain location in the Suikoverse (from a previous game) where the inhabitants have a distinctly unique appearance not really found anywhere else? Or do you think they won't bother?

What I mean by "distinctly unique appearance" is something which easily identifies a character as being from that area, e.g. Chisha Village, Na-Nal Island, or any non-human enclave. They would not be returning characters per se, but just ones who are easily identifed as being from place X which was featured in a past game and is not found in Falena.

In short, do you think we will see any *new* characters who we instantly know come from a previously revealed or seen nation/area because of the way they dress or appear?

What do you think?

EDIT: Changed title because it may have been causing confusion.

Last edited by Forum Poster on Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Viki and Jeane are obviously returning characters, as are Killey, Lorelai, and Georg. So they don't count? We already know about them.

One of the characters in the 30 second trailer looked exactly like Maxine but with a blue suit, so I'm inclined to believe s/he takes Maxine's star. Perhaps Rionne takes Gremio's star? She's a bodyguard for the hero.

And according to the latest scans, that new chick, Lucerina, seems to be very political-minded. If she joins she may be one of the two vice-strategist stars (if they aren't taken by Lucrecia's two assistants). Then there's the matter of the old woman seen with Lucrecia, who may also be a vice-strategist.

How many beavers have we seen? Two? They may take over the dual kobold stars. But then the two waterdragons (or whatever they are called) on the cover may take over those stars.

^Actual quote!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I can think of is the dwarves that appear in the trailer. I'm not too sure thet they come from the Village of the Dwarves or anything, but from what I've seen, those are the more obvious ones. I really hope we get another winger or something, but that would be a little improbable since I doubt there is a Winger vilage in Falena. Then again, I feel that the dwarves may come from someplace other than the Queendom since I can't picture a Dwarf village in there either.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the blonde Queen's knight, who's name escapes me at the moment, will take Flik's star. Mostly because it seems like he's adept at lightning magic, and because it looks like he'd be the third member of the Adonis Attack.

While it might seem that Rionne will take Gremio's star, it's also possible that she will take Cleo's star, since she had the role of the Tenkai's guardian as well. Although, Cleo was certainly not as obsessive over it as Gremio.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's another elven archer coming our way too, she could take over Kirkis' star perhaps :)

-My DeviantArt-
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DocFrance wrote:
While it might seem that Rionne will take Gremio's star, it's also possible that she will take Cleo's star, since she had the role of the Tenkai's guardian as well. Although, Cleo was certainly not as obsessive over it as Gremio.

I'm willing to bet that Syaries will take Cleo's star. The two seem incredibly similiar; both are close to the Hero and are with him from the start of the game, and both are L-Range fighters.

Rionne will probably take Gremio's star, and Kyle'll probably take Flik's.

Eurum Barrows is dressed almost exactly like Vincent de Boule (I took one look at Eurum's artwork and was convinced it was Vincent with a haircut), so I'm guessing that Eurum might take Vansant's star.

Galleon's built like a tank, so he might take Humphrey's star.

And, is it just me or does Alenia bare more than a passing resemblance to Katarina?

Last edited by Gizel Godwin on Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am guessing that Rionne will probably have Gremio's star since she is the guardian of the Hero.

It seems that Syaries will have Cleo's star since she seems to be a mother to him.

It's pretty certain that Lucretia will be the strategist star of this game.

Lucerina might take Theresa's star since both of them have been involved with
politics.

John (that blonde martial artist) might take Pahn's star since they are both martial artist (and maybe both reckless).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I TOTALLY screwed this topic up. LOL I guess no one understood what I was posting about since the responses haven't even been close to what I was getting at in the original post. I'm sorry.

Blue Thunder wrote:
Well, Viki and Jeane are obviously returning characters, as are Killey, Lorelai, and Georg. So they don't count? We already know about them.

I wasn't referring to actual returning characters, so no, they don't count (except maybe Killey, since he falls under the "comes from a place where everyone dresses similar to him in a distinct style not found elsewhere"). I was referring to new characters. For example, we know that new character X clearly hails from the Grassland Six Clans because he looks/dresses like someone from one of those clans or new character Y comes from Na-Nal because she has a red triangle on her forehead. I hope I was able to make that clearer.

I didn't at all mean who would be taking what star. Again, sorry for the confusion.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it will be hard to tell between characters from duncan/toran because tell look quite similar, but na-nal and non humans would be quite obvious, so i imagin would be the gasslanders.

for some reason i have a feeling that riuora (sp) from suikoden 2 wil pop up and this is how her and Jeane met. (its just she looks a bit farlenian, in my opinion)
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well so far one of the stand out characters that everyone has been linking to non-Falenan origins is the "Maximillian Knight" girl on the cover. If the armor she wears truly does represent the descent we think then either she hails from Toran or Max ran away to Toran.

Child of Snow

898 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is that the girl with red hair on the left? She looks like Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean: Till the End Of Time, to me.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guardian of Fate wrote:
Is that the girl with red hair on the left? She looks like Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean: Till the End Of Time, to me.

I thought the same thing. She does have the Maximillian crest on her chest. But, her outfit also looks like the Queen's knights.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? Her outfit reminded me of Fred.

^Actual quote!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe i saw a girl dressed as a pirate in the newest trailer... She could be from the Island Nations region, seeing as it is full of pirates and not too far from Falena.
But then again, a pirate could be from anywhere.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen anything that really stood out specifically enough for me to name a specific nation really. The knight crest the girl has yeh, but the maxamilion knights aren't a nation or anything.

The dwarf and elf races showing up could easily be from forementioned cities in various games, but even then said cities didn't so much have a certain style, but moreso just racial matters.

I'd like to see some returning culture, even if not a returning character themselves. Mind you, I'm already happy since we have at least one elf on the way ;)

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: