Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden 5 Scans Part Deux 3 New Characters Revealed! and...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: New Suikoden 5 Scans Part Deux 3 New Characters Revealed! an Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two new Suikoden 5 Scans have popped up seen here

http://up.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader37323.jpg
http://up.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader37322.jpg

Seems it introduces two (or three?) of the narcissist type characters who seem to be of the Barrows Family, Luserine, Yulam, and Sarum, as well as another chinese looking woman on the next page named Rinfa, who seems to be in charge of one of the mini games (note these are just my own romanizations, their real english names are yet to be said :)) Also looks like they show and talk about mini games, and even reference the cooking mini game from part 2 :D Also references Suikoden 4 and Rhapsodia, but I don't know why or in what context :) If anyone can divulge any more info it would be much appreciated! Enjoy!

Edit: Links are dead. Here are new links thanks to Username :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Herochao/viploader37323.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Herochao/viploader37322.jpg

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."

Last edited by Pesmerga on Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ninjakoriku

Roxas Roxxors

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow! Thats awesome! Thanks x 1, 000, 000 for the find, Pesmerga!

I can't wait to see this information translated. Here's hoping the cooking mini-game is back. I wonder why they reference IV and Tactics?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good find!

I have a feeling that even if that particular mini-game at the top with the cards sucks, I'll still play it for the visuals :B What a mega-hotty!

And that appears to be a boating mini-game in the middle. Maybe you sail boats in a race?

^Actual quote!
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool. These scans rock! I can't wait for some good translations. This game just keeps looking better and better.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Good find!

I have a feeling that even if that particular mini-game at the top with the cards sucks, I'll still play it for the visuals :B What a mega-hotty!

And that appears to be a boating mini-game in the middle. Maybe you sail boats in a race?

Hehe Yeah, that chineselike hotty looks cool. And it seems that there would be some cool minigames. I think there is this card game(but if so hotty wouldn't be battle character probably...sad), those boats(maybe it is fishing? maybe it is race but there is screen showing those boats and "hit" is on the screen so I doubt that it is racing game), I can see also some screen with some crates - maybe this is also game with moving and placing crates -maybe something similar that was in Breath of Fire 4?).
This game looks beter and better every time they share some info.
Really nice find Pesmerga. Thanks a lot!!!

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The screen with the crates looks like it might be part of the boating game. It seems that in this boating game you can attack another boat? or maybe your boat gets hit by obstances. It would be fun to have a boat racing game where you can attack your opponent racer.

^Actual quote!
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whoa! who's the blue dragon chick with a cool fan and dices?

BT wrote:
The screen with the crates looks like it might be part of the boating game. It seems that in this boating game you can attack another boat? or maybe your boat gets hit by obstances. It would be fun to have a boat racing game where you can attack your opponent racer.

or you can pick up somthing that you could use against your opponent or for yourself in the pond or lake.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really nice Pesmerga!!! Thanks for this stuff, it's really great. I also think this could be some kind of boat racing game. If you notice one of the mini game screens shown looks kinda different from the one with the boat. In fact the colored blur looks kinda one of those dragonhorse things, so maybe there's a mini game involving them. Or it could be my imagination getting the best of me. I wish I could see the images better so I could tell what those blurs are.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quoted from dragonmasterx of Suikosource

Quote:
Minigames

Dragon Horse Racing

Betting on Dragon Horse Racing

Fishing

Some card game involving bettng and finding the opponent's lies.

the aristocrat girl has a very pretty ingame model...she looks like a disney character...

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome! Every day I just get more and more excited about Suikoden V.

I hope Rinfa can fight too. It would be cool to see her beating enemies down with her fan (and dice perhaps?).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found out about these scans on GameFAQs from Kouli's topic but thanks for bring them here, Pesmerga. I'll just add my comments to your topic.

http://up.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader37323.jpg:

This one contains the Barrows family. The fat guy is Salm Barrows and he is the father of the other two characters. His son is the one in the red and blue. His name is Eurum Barrows and according to the Suikoden V Character Page on this site, he has someone to fight in the "Battle God Tournament" so that he can marry Limslair. In the 1st trailer, Syrias tells Limslair that she shouldn't have expected someone to lose so easily. Limslair replies that she isn't party to the plot of trying to get said person to lose. From all the evidence that I've seen so far, the person that Syrias and Limslair are talking about is non other than Eurum Barrows. Anyway, Salm's daughter's name is Lucerina and of course she is the one in the dress.

The scan does contain Suikoden Tactics spoilers which are: comparing and contrasting the Patriarchal Faction lead by Iskas (the bad guy of Suikoden Tactics) to the Imperial Faction lead by Prince Martin of Kooluk (the guy who looks like a lion becuase of his hair) with Ornela, his sister (the older lady), Busk, his brother (not on the scan), and Corselia, his daughter (the younger lady). Then the scan compares the struggle between those 2 factions in Suikoden Tactics to the struggle between the 2 factions of Suikoden V. On the scan is the Barrows family faction who believes that the Sun Rune should not be used by the Queen. On the Official site, they will most likely take the Green panel on the Character Relationship Chart. The other faction is the Godwin family which consist of Marscarl and his son, Gizel; they believe that the Sun Rune should be used by the Queen. They will most likely take the Blue panel on the Official site. Also Dolph, their lackey, belongs with this faction but he's probably not a Godwin because there is no space for him in the Blue panel.

This next part is pure speculation, but I believe that because the Royal Family takes the Red panel, the Godwins take the Blue panel, and the Barrows take the Green panel, that if the Lovelace family was listed on the Official site, they would be in a Yellow panel because there are 2 primary colors and 1 secondary and only primary color missing is Yellow. Following this line of thought, I suspect that the two Yellow caped people in the New Short Trailer are probably Lovelaces who survived the destruction of Lordlake two years before Suikoden V begins. I remember reading somewhere (Suikosource, I think) that the Lovelaces were the most loyal of the political factions to the Royal family, but upon hearing of a rebellion in Lordlake, the Queen uses the Sun Rune to destroy the town. Most likely the Godwins told the Queen about this supposed rebellion so that they can get close to the Queen and get her to use the Rune to defend Falena.

http://up.viploader.net/pic/src/viploader37322.jpg:

This one contains a new character named Rinfa according to Pesmerga. Her character artwork can be seen in the Newest short Trailer and supposedly she does some sort of minigame. The scan compares the minigames of Suikoden V to Suikoden II's Cooking Minigame and the minigames from Suikoden IV. Also, the scan contains the protraits of "Boat Daddy" and his daughter, Ran, in one of the screenshots.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, thanks for the information the two of you, here's to Konami making it everything we want it to be, eh? :mrgreen:

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like Salm might be a good guy after all. I am guessing that they will join the hero.

Also, is it just me, or is that place that Luserine is seen look like that place where Zelase (I've given up trying to write the other name) mentions that she will "take the rune and give it to whom it belonged"?

Hmm...That Chinese girl reminds me of Claire from Ephemeral Fantasia in a strange way. She is wearing a gambler or dancer like outfit (I'm just guessing based on people I've seen in other games that wore that outfit).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet. Looks like there'll be some fun minigames...and the art for this game continues to amaze me. Those are some of the best yet. Wheee!
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Also, is it just me, or is that place that Luserine is seen look like that place where Zelase (I've given up trying to write the other name) mentions that she will "take the rune and give it to whom it belonged"?

you make a good point, im now starting to think shes also part of the Queen's Knight or has relations to them from her outfit...we know that there is another Queen's Knight who hasnt been revealed yet but we seen him in the trailer and on the front cover...

so maybe the Barrows do hold a true rune (maybe dawn or dusk?) and the Queen wants control of them?

i was just watching the trailer again and those assassins with the mask and dual swords are wearing something similar to the Queens Knight except thier pattern is red and black...if we find out which family has similar pattern then maybe we'll know who attack the castle...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: