Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Suikoden Tactics] Official Character Artwork
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: [Suikoden Tactics] Official Character Artwork Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone have any scans of the character artwork from Suikoden Tactics? I already know of the artwork for Kyril, Seneca, Andarc, Yohn, and Corselia but I wouldn't mind having some better versions of those pictures. A few of the returning characters in the game have new costumes that I want to see. Keneth, Millay, and Jeane in particular. Jeane seems to be wearing a two piece bikini and chaps. Shwing! Plus it would be nice to have artwork for Ornela, Busk, Roget, Simeon, and other new characters.

I'm not even sure if full body artwork exists for these characters. Maybe they only did face portraits for most characters?

^Actual quote!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been looking all over for character artwork too and I've yet to find any what so ever. I'd especially like to see Simeon, Edgar, Brandeau, Martin, Busk and Jeremy. If anyone at all can find Character Art, that's be wonderful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There isn't any Rhapsodia based Artbook's as far as I know, I'm not sure if there's anything in the Japanese complete guide, but I would like some full body artwork of some characters, let's hope that Konami will either release some on the official site or release a Rhapsodia Artbook.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah...all I've ever seen insofar as Rhapsodia artwork was the official character art for Kyril, Seneca, Andarc, Yohn, and Corselia. That's kind of disappointing, as out of those, I only really care about Kyril and Seneca's art. Like most everyone else here, I'd like official art of Roget. Also, I'd like to see some large art of Ornela, Busk, and the other new characters. Also, some of the official art from Suikoden IV...I didn't care much for, so I'd love to see redone pieces of those folks as well.

I realize that it's the same artist...but all of the Tactics characters have a slightly different take than the ones from IV, and also the time period is slightly different, which makes for changes as well. But also I have to agree with Arenegeth...I don't think there's anything floating around there right now. The artwork of Kyril and Co. is in-game from the intro, right?

So, let's hope that they release some more, then. Guess that's all that we can do.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think there'd be some sort of art for all the new characters, since they have full body design in the game, they'd have some sort of concept art. Whether it'll ever be available to us though, is another concept.
I'd really like to see some, like most I want the art for Roget, I'd also really like Simeon's as well however.

-My DeviantArt-
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The character art in Tactics is high quality, but it's sad to see so little of it. The portraits are small and the menu images are even smaller. How curious of Konami to have such a large amount of art created, and then not display it anywhere but the game.
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which is kind of a shame, given that many of the characters would have looked great if they weren't presented as "Lego Men." Especially Roget. Not that there's any bias on my part, of course.

I could have sworn I've seen an Artbook of Suikoden Tactics somewhere, but I don't remeber if it was really an artbook or just the guide.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the awesome character art of the Suikoden games I'm starting to think it's high time they did character status screens like in Valkyrie Profile - with the full body character art displayed next to their current stats... Of course with Suikoden 5's 3D quality and the standard that will set henceforth it may not be as necessary, but it would be nice nonetheless.

It will be interesting to see if any of this artwork is included amongst the legions of information coming with the GS5 Limited Edition.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV has that, remember. I think it was in the Tablet of Stars, but it's there nevertheless, and it was great. The pics are bigger in my TV than they would be on my monitor or any book. Also, while the 3D models become increasingly complicated, they won't still be as detailed as the original art.
Sagalicious

LATCH

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind even having a copy of just the face portraits.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the art in Suikoden Tactics too. I would like to have artwork for Edgar.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got the Artbook of Tactics. Okey, its more an strategie guide but there are character drawings in black and white and color inside and all the different portraist. When I got time I scanned them. Today or tomorror
Xai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^That would be great! I would especially like to see any art there is of Snowe's new outfit.

{livejournal/deviantart/broken-shards.net}
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, according to the Suikoden Tactics soundtrack review over at RPGFan, there are some bonus icons of the face portraits on the second disc of the soundtrack. I'm not sure how big those are and if there's a full selection for all the characters, so the scans would be welcome nevertheless.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew i should have gotten the soundtrack! It's of great importance! O_O
I wanted to see Millay's artwrok so bad... T_T

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: