Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Toran Liberation Army/Republic Symbol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Toran Liberation Army/Republic Symbol Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't suppose anyone would like to theorise what in THE BLUE HELL this is supposed to be?

A spear? A weird-ass flower? I don't know but maybe you oh-so-clever people out there do.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wheatgrass? What.. the english for the plant that produces grain? Or maybe it's corn? OR a scepter, but I think it may have something to do with the Silverbergs.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like wheat to me, too. Wheat's a symbol for rebirth and prosperity, so perhap's that's why?

Either that or it's shorthand for FEAR BLACKMAN: DO NOT STEP ON HIS PLANTS I REPEAT DO NOT STEP ON HIS PLANTS.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just thought id help out the cause by enlarging the base image from the battle screen in s1, it shouldnt be too large ;)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like a flower to me. I doubt it'd be something like a symbol of a Silverberg as we've firstly never seen that before or again and secondly because it would give people the wrong idea about who is leading the Liberation Army.

Same with it being a symbol from the McDohl household - people would get confused as to which side they were fighting for or against if the Liberation Army were bearing the flag of one of the Great Generals.

I'm thinking it's a flower personally, but besides that, I can't see.

Maybe the Fire Spear - actually, scratch that, it definately wont be Fire Spears.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
It looks like a flower to me. I doubt it'd be something like a symbol of a Silverberg as we've firstly never seen that before or again and secondly because it would give people the wrong idea about who is leading the Liberation Army.

Same with it being a symbol from the McDohl household - people would get confused as to which side they were fighting for or against if the Liberation Army were bearing the flag of one of the Great Generals.

I'm thinking it's a flower personally, but besides that, I can't see.

Maybe the Fire Spear - actually, scratch that, it definately wont be Fire Spears.

Yeah my first thought was a a flower since the 2nd bottom piece looks like its cradling the 2 side pieces which seem to be branching outwards and drooping down. I just dont have a clue what the middle parts are unless its an attempt at the still unfurling flower.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could just be a fanciful flower as opposed to a more accurate representation.

I can't picture it being anything other than a flower, but what flower and the significance of said flower is unknown to me. I'm highly doubting that it's anything to do with Milich's Roses but they're the only flower/plant life that actually has any relevance to the plot as far as I can remember.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it does look very much like a flower. I can't really get anything else from the picture as far as ideas though.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be grass of some sort, in order to express that the Liberation Army is the common man fighting against the giant political machine. Other organizations in history have used such symbols. I doubt much thought was put into the symbol in the game at first. I am unsure whether the flag was a result of the development team or whatever, so who knows?

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one looks like a bird or a dragon breathing lots and lots of fire...or a flower.

This one however looks different...it looks like two bits of wheat, the hilt of a sword, a spanner and a jewel.

And that solves the mystery of the TLA/R symbol. Another job well done. 8-)
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
It could just be a fanciful flower as opposed to a more accurate representation.

I can't picture it being anything other than a flower, but what flower and the significance of said flower is unknown to me. I'm highly doubting that it's anything to do with Milich's Roses but they're the only flower/plant life that actually has any relevance to the plot as far as I can remember.

Referrence Suikoden II's opening, i doubt thats a grain of wheat growing in the middle of Ryube :P

The flower signifies the growth of the seed, in this case the seed is the revolution against the Scarlet moon Empire, so as the flower blossoms into a rose (for example) the nation transitions from only having having disgust(seed) to actually doing something about it and creating their own nation (flower) You could also say since the seed is ugly and plain it represents the hatred felt by the masses and corruption, but since the flower is bold and colourful it represents a flourish and bright days ahead.

Last edited by eXistence of Fly on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed it was a flower. I didn't think there was ever any question as to whether it was something else.

^Actual quote!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with Blue Thunder on this, always just figured it was a flower personally and nothing anyone has said to the contrary of it being a flower has swayed my opinion. As to the symbolism of a flower in respect to the Liberation army...maybe you're just overthinking a simple image too much? Heh, who knows.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first look like a bug and the second look like a crossbow. But that can be a flower too.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both images are the same thing - one just looks a little more grainy. The smaller image is much clearer but they are both the same symbol.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: