Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If anyone is interested in an online version (MUD) of Suikoden...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: If anyone is interested in an online version (MUD) of Suikod Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikodenMUD may be your best bet. It's a text-based game based entirely on the Suikoden series.

Your character can be customized through stats, skills, and runes - you can even make your own weapon! Explore Toran, Jowstone, and the rest of the Suikoden world as you venture through the game, killing monsters and fighting other players in strategic warfare.

If you're not familiar with MUDs, they're like MMORPGs but text-based. If you're interested in connecting but you've never played a MUD before - just IM me at apathetic enigma and I'll help you out. Or just click the following:

telnet://temporal.genesismuds.com:2344/

If you are familiar with MUDs, connect to temporal.genesismuds.com port 2344 and give it a try!
OoOoH!_cookiemonster

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suikodenMUD..this sounds awfully similiar? it's right at the tip of my finger, is this made by konami?

that thing is messed up..can't get passed password

Last edited by OoOoH!_cookiemonster on Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ishmael

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Afraid not - I made it.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An excellent MUD game by all accounts. Sadly, I lack the sufficent imagination to use a text-based RPG with the same interest as a graphical one.

But still, something to be commended for sure.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
OoOoH!_cookiemonster

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's either my computer..or that thing is messed up b/c i can't type the password...what does it mean when it's text based?
Ishmael

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you type in a password using some versions of telnet, it is not reflected onto your screen - the letters are hidden, so just remember them.

This is a text-based game - rather than using fancy graphics and music, we have text and ASCII maps. For more information about MUDs in general, check out www.mudconnector.com, but for SuikodenMUD, your best option is just to log on and check out the game.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

Potch
Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very impressive Ishmael, I didn't know Zexeners were capable of being creative.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dynast

Rising Storm

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nifty MUD. I'm having fun, even at a low level (and it makes a nice change from other MUDs in which low levels force you to stalk the streets for rats and cockroaches :o)

And to Ishmael, thanks for guiding me through the entire prompt changing thing. I owe you one. :D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

Potch
Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still trying to figure out how to play the game.. since I"m new to Muds however Dynast was helping me out greatly last night ^_^. I suggest this to anyone!! the game is super fun, and they impliment new things all the time. Tonight I heard something about professiosn being added!! woootwoot!

The Engineers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this related to the one MUD that a former member of the Suikosource staff started? I remember that there was a MU* (maybe it was a MUCK, not a MUD) that said person was involved with closely.
Ishmael

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never worked for suikosource - so no, I guess not.
It's the only SuikodenMUD that I know of.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined, but I havn't figured out most of the promts. Plus, it's kinda hard when your prompts are in black yext against a black screen. It stays that way after entering the password.

At the moment, I've obtained the ball of clay, I'm keeping from going further before I learn the prompt.
Dynast

Rising Storm

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
however Dynast was helping me out greatly last night ^_^.

Glad to hear that I did...I was afraid that I would sound like a game NPC when I gave you all those directions. Perhaps I should take up a profession as a guide or something. :D

(Not that that'll ever exist, anyway... :mrgreen: )

Quote:
Plus, it's kinda hard when your prompts are in black yext against a black screen

Perhaps that's because you're using Telnet as a MUD client? Generally, I wouldn't recommend (scrap that, I wouldn't even look at) using Telnet unless you just want to try out the MUD. You're better off with a MUD client such as zMUD if you want to MUD seriously. There are probably quite a few clients out there (just Google it and I'm sure you'll find quite a number). just have to look for it.

Me? I recommend zMUD, but I'm using a really old version of it. The current version can be downloaded on a 30 days trial thing, but I don't really see the need of a high-end client.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ishmael

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh... hope you're all enjoying yourselves.
KoRnholio

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
Is this related to the one MUD that a former member of the Suikosource staff started? I remember that there was a MU* (maybe it was a MUCK, not a MUD) that said person was involved with closely.

What you're thinking of: Vivi-Chan is an administrator of SuikodenMUX (although I've seen it called both that and MUSH). Those differ from MUDs greatly, in that there's no 'gaming' of sorts...its more strictly story roleplaying.

This is the first SuikodenMUD I've heard of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: