Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Feature: Star of Destiny -- Should Phase Eight wait? Give feedba
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should phase wait until this feature is implemented?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 43 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What, you mean Tankai?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I odn't know myslef much anymore, would I make a good Tenan star? or shold I choose one , that one of the animals had. I wonder how this will effect stats, that must be hard you have a lot of weird things in mind SARS person This sounds intersting wonder how it would work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really think it needs to be instigated until after the phase 8 has finished. It would really be a nuisance to have people give in their DoI and then leave them with nothing to do until it is implimented. Best to give people the results for Phase 8, and in the time it takes them to finalise plans for phase 9, you could work on this, which would give them much more time to argue about who is more right.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think that it should be implemented after Phase 8 is finished. There have been so many changes within this game, and frankly speaking, I sometimes feel like it's too many. Phase 8 has seen many new things being implemented with the NPC, stats, raids, etc. I don't think we need SoDs to be implemented straight away.

Just let Phase 8 begin and finish as planned.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Pesmerga that the SOD should be implemented later.

Too many stuff for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think it is a great idea and I say go for it. If you have to delay the wars then do it. Another great idea SARS.

I have an idea that may help on there being to many people with the same star. In my opinion we should let the first 108 members of a Nation get a star, then after it goes through once, it starts over. I know there are not too many nations that have over a 108 active members so I think it might work. It is also a suggestion so you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

EDIT: Forgot some words.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if that were an option where would that leave the mercenaries, and what of the future when a nation gets more than 108 active members, though I doubt that will happen, it may, and what then? It would involve a lot of work on the admins behalf setting up every nation with it's own stars of destiny also. Why not just have it like the regiment tactics, there is no point further complicating matters.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Again, please refer to war system suggestion rules if you have any suggestions.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm for implementing it after phase 8. Too much change all at once can be bad and with all of the other changes in Phase 8 it makes it hard to adapt to all of it.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And just in case anyone missed it, do vote and don't just post your opinion. I noticed that there are 2 people who said No after me, but the No vote only added by 1. So either 1 already voted before me, or 1 forget to vote.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted yes, but honestly both have their plus and minuses. Either way SARS you'll probely think you should have done it the other way. Maybe getting phase 8 done fast and useing the last days of the year and a week or two of next year is good. But maybe waiting would make it less hectic plus you might want to implement it as soon as possible.

I have a few suggestions, but I'm too busy to post them in the suggestion topic tonight, so I'll post it tomarrow.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm one of those 'gimmie' now kinds of people, so I'd like to see this soon.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It voted "Yes" for a number of reasons, primarily because now that the intervals between phases has been exponentially decreased and the phases themselves progress at a much faster pace than before, a wait of a few weeks is really nothing that we aren't accustomed to. Secondly, a delay in the phase gives Kooluk the opportunity to gain some more members and, thus, not have to concern ourselves with the possibility of being outnumbered and having to rely on inactive wanderers being used as fillers.

It would also give us time to really digest the changes already implemented and, hopefully, the Star of Destiny addition wouldn't just be a "shooting blind" type of deal where you have no idea what the bonuses will be, so you end up simply choosing the star of your favourite character. Of course, we don't need a complete technical breakdown of the bonuses for each star (or star group, should several stars give the same bonuses) but a general description giving the individual member an idea which star would be best for them. I'd imagine the stars held by the strategists in each of the games would favour the MAG stat as it is the closest to an INT stat which we have here, whereas the Tenko and Tentai stars (for example) would favour the STR stat, considering Viktor and Pahn were of the physical variety in the original game.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be frank I believe this addition causes many potential problems, but that frank-ness aside, it's a good idea in theory. In any case, this thread is not for my opinion on that at all. I think that with all the stat changes and whatnot that is going on already, it might be better to finish what stat changes are going to be implemented (since that's going to be the most profoundly affecting thing about this), but I also see that it may pose a problem for the declarations of intent, since the ideas for the battle were based on prior circumstances. I would be fine with it either way, but I would rather see it happen prior to Phase 8.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that the problem does arise that naturally every magician who is thinking clearly, and has actually played any of the games would know to pick Crowleys star. It's just common sense considering just how powerful of magicians all the people including in the book these members were. It would seem like certain members of various regiments might spread themselves out a bit more, to customize themselves, but the magician one is a little more than obvious. We also have to consider that there arent all that many magician based stars in the first place, so I dont see how this would become that big of a deal. While there are most certainly a lot of members that are Magicians on this board, all else fails the groups could be split apart. With generally those members with a lot of posts, a large word count, whether exceptionally large, or just large, going towards Crowleys Star, while others could take a star of another magician based star. There are others, maybe not quite as famous, maybe not quite as magician based, but there are alternatives to just having every single magician crowd into a single SoD. I mean while i would naturally want to go with the Crowley star being a magician, and all. If it was deemed that I didnt have enough posts, or a high enough word count for that particular star, I could live with that. There has to be some sort of way of organizing that accordingly, to stop the overflow.

Anyways, back onto the direct topic of discussion, and that would be should the phase be pushed back to allow for implementing the additions, or should it wait for the next phase. Personally I voted that it should be made for this coming phase, because it hasnt technically started yet, and if need be it could be arranged that plans could be pushed back as well. Why? Because there are some members who would be posting in such great amounts that their stats might actually have a bit of a change. This would then require some planning accordingly for all nations, so it would work out better that way. Besides pushing the phase back period to even the end of the year thanks to the holidays would not be a bad plan. A lot of people will be excessively busy over the next few weeks so that might be the best course of action, at least in my opinion.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: