Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Feature: Star of Destiny -- Should Phase Eight wait? Give feedba
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should phase wait until this feature is implemented?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 43 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 59

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: New Feature: Star of Destiny -- Should Phase Eight wait? G Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was planning to implement a new feature called "Star of Destiny" from phase 9. This feature will allow each member to choose a Star of Destiny, which will influence stat progression.

This feature will basically allow each member to have some latitude over how their stats progress, as opposed to the stat progression imposed on them by birth. It may be better if phase 8 waits until I can finish this script.

Instead of making the decision myself, I'd like to hear what people think.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends if you're planning on working on it around Christmas or not. If you are I'd say delay Phase 8 as it's going to have to be put off for Christmas anyway. If you're going to take a break then I can wait until Phase 9. Well I voted yes anyway. Tenbi star here I come. :mrgreen:

How long will it take you to get it all working anyway?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea how long it will take. I can't see how this can be too difficult to implement, but you never know if I find some complicated programming issue.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends on the wait, really.

I mean, obviously, you probably don't have an exact date by when this feature can be implimented but really it'd depend on whether it was a matter of days or weeks or even months.

Two-three weeks, I say go for it, impliment the change and postpone the start of Phase 8.

If there's a possibility of it taking even longer then best to make it a Phase 9 improvement.

And to avoid bothering you with PMs, I'm just going to use this post to request that something be done to expand the game beyond its current statistical calculating regime. Maybe it's just me but I don't feel as much as an officer in Highland than a guy trying to maximise numerical potential via the regulation of posts and distribution of victories created by a mathematical engine calculating variables based on said regulation and distribution. *Phew*
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Last edited by John Layfield on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES, please implement this as soon as possible.

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would personally rather see Phase 8 finish first. It would (hopefully) mean it'd be finished before Christmas meaning everyone can see progression before Christmas and then go do their Christmas thang and then worry about Phase 9 after Christmas has been done and dusted.

This is assuming it would be done before Christmas, if it wasn't going to be finished before Christmas then the wait would be preferable I guess.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think most nations are pretty much ready to go with Phase 8. I personally would like to see this in place for Phase 9 given the open ended date for finishing the modification.

Great idea BTW.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for suggestions, please refer to War System Suggestion rules:

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6217
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it sounds like a great idea to me...I would love to see stat progression get mixed up a bit, to vary the abilities of people even more.

However, the declarations of intent are supposed to be in by this Sunday (the 18th), right? A lot of nations probably already had to alter their plans due to the stat changes implemented for Phase 8, with the penalty to inactive units, and the greatly decreased leadership values, and so on. Unless there's already a plan to delay Phase 8 until after Christmas, or the Star of Destiny project really can be completed in a small amount of time, I would say to hold off until Phase 9 to do it.

That's just me, though.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The start of Phase 8 will likely be delayed somewhat because of the holidays. Whether it is at the start or during the middle of turns, we won't know. People were considerably busy during Thanksgiving. Think of the scale. The current holiday period is more world-wide.

Stats grow very slowly anyway. It's way slower than before. I doubt you'll see much of a difference if the system is introduced now. In my opinion, there is no rush to implement this new factor. Phase 9 is preferable, but if it's delayed a little longer than that, it's not a total loss. There are other more important updates to the site security and such.

And just a quick comment about the nation scouting; the declarations of intent are due on Sunday, but then they have an additional week to send rosters. So from the announcement of Phase 8 and the anticipated deadline of the battle rosters, that gives you 2 weeks to set things straight. That's more than enough time to address the nations' roster and who will be sent into battle. Again, there may even be a small chance that you'll have additional time thanks to the Holidays.

Edit: There you go. Thanks for the clarification, boss.

Last edited by Cedric on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will delay the battle roster submission deadline, possibly by more than a week.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am all for waiting for the simple reason that the phases are going much faster than before so a little delay until the beginning of phase 8 is no problem for me.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted to go ahead and wait. While nations generally have everything ready to go, phase 8 is going to be slowed down because of the holidays. Waiting a little bit more won't bother me.

Mages of Cups

165978 Potch
6363 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be very preferred if this feature can be implemented for phase 8.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The sooner this is implemented the better. I voted Yes. This seems like a good idea.

A few questions on how this change would be handled, however. Would all stars be available to all users? And how would a user choose their star? In the profile, like battle formation? Or will it be less accessible? Will a user be able to change stars? And if so, will stat changes be retroactive to posts made under other stars?

Last edited by Camus the Noble on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: