Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Grounds for another Debate:
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Grounds for another Debate: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://thinkprogress.org/2005/12/15/wmd-irrelevant/

So what do you think about Bush's open admitance?

Julious Cezar
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is this some pathetic attempt to come clean? if so, it's too little, too late; i'm sure this news comforts the families of those who've died for this lie.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is really more of an example of how he never admits he is wrong no matter how bad things blow up in his face. I really hate people like that.

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In all honesty, I see this as Bush getting his laugh back on America a bit. In all honesty I don't think the guy is near as dumb as he's made out to be, and ultimately I think everyone knew that there was another secret vendetta lurking in the shadows.

Julious Cezar
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Truth be told I think Cheney is the one who really holds the power and the reason things went down the way they did was fear over a peak oil situation.

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only reason why I don't believe that so much is because Bush senior still has some close connections to the CIA and whatnot. You know that he is just as educated as if father if for no other reason that he undoubtibly had access to more information than most people like you or me.

Like I said, Bush is way more intelligent than most people give him credit for and I think that perhaps with everything surfacing now something's going to be uncovered because I highly doubt that oil is the only reason all of this happened. If it was as simple as that then there's no doubt in my mind that the progress would have been ten fold, not to mention we wouldn't be paying three dollars for gas.

Julious Cezar
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting.

Wonder if he'll be impeached - he did lie to America.

(I kind of doubt it, though. Republican control in all three arms of government, plus the fact that most people would rather see Bush in power than Cheney*...)

*Seriously, is there a less charismatic man in the world?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

*Seriously, is there a less charismatic man in the world?

Nah, the whole begging people to legalize torture thing really allowed him to claim that victory.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1155138 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was speculated and somewhat proven long before he came clean that the invasion of Iraq was for reasons other then wmds. Hence why in the long run the reasons changed from Iraq harbouring terrorists (a same accusation levelled at Pakistan, just after the coalition mopped up with Afghanistan) to stopping a madman with wmds (later found out oops couldnt find any) to deposing a brutal dictator who tortured his nation (a proven fact but not enough to realy legitimise a full scale shalacking)

Nothing bar the Democrats jumping on this at the next elections will ultimately result from this, and at least Bush wasnt the only one to actually stay the course or else this would be much more of a bigger deal then it is. (Because then he would have had actual opposition in the UN which would have resulted in a further delayed backing or none at all. Even if i do think theyre just a mockery)

Thats my view from an outsider, so i know im bound to be wrong on some accounts but you should be able to get my point.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bush just wanted a War just like his daddy did.

He picked a soft target in Iraq. I bet he will go nowhere near Iran or North Korea. Either country would be more than a match for the US and they do (well at least North Korea) have WMD's and would not be afraid to use them.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1155138 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually theres been tensions in Iran with the USA, as Iran asked the USA for spare parts fore their commercial planes, then when the USA said 'uhhh nah' and there was a plane crash the Iranian govt went straight for the jugular blaming it on the USA for failing to sell spare parts that wernt even being used and are outdated.

If you read sections of this article

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=7204

You'll find that during the article it states

Quote:
Nevertheless, the United States had refused to rule out a strike on Iran earlier in the week. The Iranian President's statements about history were cited by George Bush's spokesman as evidence that the nation of Iran was a regional danger.

So in a nutshell (and i forget where i read this, for the life of me i cant find the damn link)

*Iran want its own nuclear reactor with enriched uranium (yet refuses to deal with certain parties in europe) the EU and USA say hell no
    *The Iranian president claimed / was misquoted or whatever you believe that the holocaust was faked
    *The USA govt claimed that Iran was run by an idiot president and that they should overthrow him asap

So i wouldnt be surprised that if there is a push to oust the Iranian president that the USA would be involved somehow.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just another thread in the web of lies... trying to make people believe that we invaded not because Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, but because we were freeing the Iraqi people. As we now know, that goal worked out wonderfully, and we were hailed as liberators, creating a stable and independent democratic government. [end sarcasm]
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if freeing iraq and liberation of people from strife and persecution are such a concern, then why hasn't the war torn areas of africa seen us help?

no advantage for us, that's why. economically, there's nothing to exploit; the rich factions that influence our government can't profit, so nothing is happen.

so much for the humanitarian side of the coin.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest it doesn't matter what Bush does or says now about what happened to get American soldiers into Iraq. It's happened, and nothing anyone is capable of doing can change the past. There is no real point complaining about the the actions of the Goverment now, because they're are bigger problems to worry about now.

I've been against this war from the start, but when a simpleton has power there is no shortage of people willing to take advantage of him, and create problems. For those of you who argue Bush isn't an idiot either he is a simpleton or he is a really good actor. It's no secret I dislike Bush, so I will just stick to insulting him than actually analysing his failures, because then I'll have to start comparing him people like Clinton, who really wasn't much better, though was a much clever person.

If you take the Marxist Argument that Capitalist Countries need war to survive then wouldn't you have to accept that Bush is doing your country a world of good, so really, he didn't need the weapons of mass destruction that he says are irrelevant, as he's thinking of the good of the nation.

Now where was I going again before I got side tracked, oh yes, this comment by Bush is as irrelevant as the Weapons of mass Destruction that don't exist.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, well I suppose that we have ourselves to blame whether we voted for the idiot or not. To allow America to progress to a point where it would elect such a person is pure idiocy. Although we aren't to blame as much as those who actually voted him in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: