Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The official Harvest Moon topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sesshomaru

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: The official Harvest Moon topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everyone I bought this game called Harvest Moon:Friends of Mineral Town and its totally wicked so I decided to make a topic about it so like all Harvest moon fans can talk about it.
Sesshomaru

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Ha! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh I guess no 1 ever ever heard of Harvest Moon at all well heres the whats up you have a farm and you raise crops and take care of animals and get married and have a child and cook good food kinda like Animal crossing except Harvest Moon has more Responsability and stuff so I created this topic so I can share the awesome fun of Harvest Moon with everyone here. :P
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harvest Moon 64 & Back to Nature are where it's at.
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I highly enjoy the Harvest Moon games. When I first heard of it, I thought it was kind of a stupid concept. I mean, you are playing a game that simulates doing chores, for crying out loud. However, once I actually decided to try the original SNES one, I was hooked, and went on to play through several of the later titles.
Sesshomaru

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leena fighter wrote:
Harvest Moon 64 & Back to Nature are where it's at.
Isn't "back to nature" the Playstation1 version? But the SNES version is it any good, do you get married and have a kid or do ya stay single? :)
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, you can get married and can have children in the original SNES Harvest Moon.
Greenoblivion

Oblivion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yea that game is awesome! Harvest Moon 64 was so cool! its the only game ive ever played that you didnt have a certain objective and you could just play around its really a great Series :mrgreen:
The Red King-Alice in wonderland
Budgie-Barbequing Hamlet
Ken-Her Majesty Miss Jones
Mr.Gibbs-Arsenic and Old lace
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The handheld versions are a bit of a let down on the series, apart from FoMT. FoMT is a remake of BtN just changed slightly so it fits on the GBA. HM64 was good as it introduced a 3D enviroment to the game. The only problem in the whole series is a bug in BtN which stops PAL players from marrying. grrr, stupid bugs.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ouch and thats one of the big points of the entire series getting married and have kids or should I say kid with the exception of the first game where you could have two kids. Aside from that it's either been no kids in the gameboy color versions and Save the Homeland or one kid in all the others. Anyways I can say that i have always loved this series completely and absolutely with the only complaint I have is Save The Homeland which was horrible. Anyone who has heard about it would know why so i am not going to go into details. It does get rather repetitive after awhile and then you restart and go down a different path or something of that nature.

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anybody ever find it weird in the Harvest Moon games that when you get married, you and your wife still look like ten year olds, yet you are somehow having kids of your own? I really wish they had allowed the main characters and potential wives to look older as the game went on. Which, I hear, they actually did do in, I believe, the Gamecube version, so that is pretty cool.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been a fan of Harvest Moon ever since I picked up Harvest Moon 64
besides Harvest Moon 64 I also have Back to Nature (PSone) and A Wonderful Life(GCN)
I never did get a chance to pick up Save the Homeland (PS2) [[which apparently seems to be a good thing? o.O ]]

I once played a file of Harvest Moon 64 up to 9 years and man....I don't know where I got the patience to do that o_o

yeah...in 'A Wonderful Life' you get to play through the whole character's life span. and you get to see you and your wife grow old(along with your neighbors, etc.) and your child grow bigger [[ which was the original reason why I played through a file of Harvest Moon 64 for 9 game years]]
although they modified the months(aka seasons) to be shorter. And you don't exactly play ALL of the character's life span...if you know what I mean..

Major difference in A Wonderful Life [for those of you thinking about getting it] :p
- you're forced to get married by the end of the first year; if you don't well that's the end of the game for you
- game spans character's life span
- season's are 10 days long [[that was a big surprise for me o_o]]
- NO HAT! [[ :lol: sorry..couldn't help it]]
all the other differences are well...not that surprising/minor, I think..

I never bothered thinking about getting the GameBoy versions.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just bought Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and I'm stuck, does anyone know where the Barn Bell is to bring the Cow/Sheep/etc. outside on a sunny day, I can't find it, :-p
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I first played Harvest Moon for the SNES back in 2000. Through an emulator. And while it wasn't the true SNES experience, I enjoyed it.
I heard buzz of Harvest Moon for some time at that point, and I didn't know there was an SNES version. I was hooked. I had no clue a Farm sim would be that much fun.

So when I first heard of the PS2 version, Save The Homeland, I jumped at it. Bad choice. Ugh. The game was bad. Sure, it was Harvest Moon, but instead of being an open game, it had a scripted story with scripted events and endings. Yeah, you had several stories to go after, but you could only "beat" the game by going through all of them. Not to mention that you couldn't marry anyone, or have kids. The time it took to complete one story was around, well...maybe an hour. At the most. It was pathetic, in my opinion.

But, I still love Harvest Moon. And I now own the GameCube version, A Wonderful Life. And it's the best thing I've played in the series. Excellent stuff. Although, where I'm at, I'm engaged but still not married.
My only gripe with A Wonderful Life is that, the seasons are way too short. Like, 14 days. I'm amazed anyone can do anything in that short period. But, it's 14 days that goes by slower than I'd expect. Plus, since the game runs for 30 years, I guess they had to make the years go by faster. I wish they had an option for full 30 day seasons, though.

I love Harvest Moon games (except the PS2 version). Great stuff ^_^
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did I not see this topic?!

I am a complete Harvest Moon fanatic. I've played every version since the Nintendo 64 one (the one that turned me on to the series). Who do you all marry? I always marry Karen or Maria. ^_^; When HB: MtfG comes out (if it ever comes out) I'll marry the Doc or Grey or perhaps even Rick. ^_^;

I hated Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland. None of the familiar characters were there and you couldn't marry anyone. Not having the romance aspect kind of makes the game a bit boring. It sucked. Hardcore.

Edit - Wrong title. I love BtN....It's the PS2 one I hate. >_<

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD

Last edited by Sophita on Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Harvest moon I have is Friends of Mineral town. I've been meaning to get a Wonderful life but I also *wanted* to get STHL but not now after some of the negative things I've heard about it.One more thing how long does it take for a kid to be born in FOMT :?: :?:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: