Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What's your favorite mini-game ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite mini-game ?
Chinchorin (Suikoden I&II)
22%
 22%  [ 13 ]
Cooking Contest (SuikodenII)
46%
 46%  [ 27 ]
Climbing Contest (SuikodenII)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Whack-a-mole (Suikoden II)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Basil's Tops (Suikoden IV)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Gunter's Dice (Suikoden IV)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ritapon (Suikoden IV)
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
Noah's Cards (Suikoden IV)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Igor's Coin Tossing (Suikoden IV)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mice catching (Suikoden IV)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 58

Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: What's your favorite mini-game ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All is in the titles!
I would like to know what's your favorite mini-game in all the Suikoden series.
I voted for Ritapon , I don't know why but i spent so many hours playing that games (first of all , to understood how to play :) ).

Say what's your favorite and why !

(Please tell me the mini game i've forgotten (for example all the ones from Suikoden III , i never plaued to it , and didn't find a list))
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chinchirorin of I&II (also in IV, but Gunter calls it "Triple Toss")

I love this game. I got all my friends (and even people I don't know) at school addicted to this game a few years ago. I made quite a bit of money, too :D

Anyway, I like it in the games because it is such a good money maker. In the first one, anyway. Since Gaspar always let's you bet all your winnings, you can max out your money there in a just a few minutes.

Repeated Fire!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ritapon man that game is addictive and i will get my money back from her one day!

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh yeah !
I forgot Gaspard.I love this man , you can make 999 999 potch in no time! Very useful because blacksmiths are very expensive !
Just for that Chinchorin deserves a vote , but , ritapon rules ! :D
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cooking contest from Suikoden II for me. The reason is that not only it's fun, it's actually also giving a background on Hai Yo and a few of the other chefs. So it's a mini-game that can also be considered as a mini-quest too, unlike the other mini-games that you just played for the sake of playing it.

I'm not sure if you can add more options (I think 10 is the maximum?) but you missed the mushroom vs mint war game in Suikoden IV. I think plenty of people like that too. I personally didn't try it even once. So I'm a bit indifferent for that one at the moment.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cooking Contest is my personal favourite. A good idea excellently executed and with some great quotes from the announcer, Fu Tan Chen.

"He claims to be a vegetarian, but I heard he's just dieting. The powerful and conceited magician, Zamza!!!"

"With her dad's face, it's hard to believe Tomo wound up so cute. Guess her mom must be a beauty!"

"Pico is the heartbreaker of North Window Castle and he knows it! Watch those pheremones fly!!!"

"There must have been some rough meals for Riou growing up. Let's hear it for Nanami!!!"
Nanami's response: "Huh? What!!!! What do you mean!!!!"

"She's head over heels with a certain man named Flik. What about her studies at Greenhill? It's Nina!!!"
Nina's response: "Why you.... That's none of your business!!!"

"To call this guy a bookworm would be a disservice to worms! But seriously, he's a fish lover and a scholar. It's Marlowe!!!"

And so many more....

It's worth playing the Cooking Contest just to see those quotes and the contest itself is good fun too. Seems pretty perfect to me.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chinchorin, definatly. Actually I feel like getting some dice and doing it myself, really..

What, whaaat? Why're you looking at me?
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has to be the cooking contest from Suikoden II for me. Actually it is leaps and bounds above the rest for me. I have never come across a mini game before that sucked me in like the cooking contest. Every time i replay Suikoden II, with the exception of when i want to complete the Clive and Elza subquest, I complete the cooking mini game. The funny comments, fun opponents, and sheer enjoyment of the mini game make this mini game my favorite. I really hope we see another installment in a future suikoden as long as it can measure up to the suikoden II version.

Hell with the time it takes to find all of the recipies, do all of the contests, and figure out which person likes which food, i would imagine it took up about 1/3 of the playing time. Truly the #1 mini game in my book.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to say cooking contest, it's just so much fun in so many different levels: You get to know more about the Stars, the music composed for it is awesome and it's even got an exiting storyline! You don't get to say that about minigames too often.

I was even thinking about doing the Clive & Elza quest, but I gave up and started cooking instead. And I still haven't even collected all the recipies... there's still so much to do in Suikoden II after many playthroughs, it's just baffling!

Chinchirorin/Gunter's Dice and Ritapon are close seconds and the Mint/Mushroom War too, even though it's not a 100% perfect transition of the Suikoden I wars (you only get to use ninjas once in Mint/Mushroom for example).

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew the Suikoden II's Cooking Contest would be a crowd fave. I can't remember the number of hours I used up playing this contest over and over again. I just can't get enough of the announcer's witty comments. :P

ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the musroom vs mint war minigame, but i see that is not an option :(
In that case my vote goes to the mice-catching game. My secon favourite is Ritapon.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Chinchorichirinchin. I like the cooking contest too, but for some reason I always liked the gambling games.
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I loved the musroom vs mint war minigame, but i see that is not an option

yeah , i know , but when i created the poll i forgot it , and now that votes had begin , i can't modify the poll options , an administrator have to do it.
Sorry !
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was somewhat surprised that so many people like Chinchorin...I couldn't stand it. I suspect that some of my animosity stemmed from the fact that I was forced to play it to collect certain characters. In the case of Tai Ho, in fact, a storyline character. I suppose it's alright on its own...

For me, it's definitely a toss up between the cooking contest from Suikoden II and Ritapon from Suikoden IV. I really liked the cooking contest, mostly because of the flavour of it, and the announcer, rather than the substance of the game. None of the games ever netted any rewards that were worth the hassle (other than the occasional shot in the arm so far as Potch is concerned).

Ritapon I had a lot of fun with too...it was a bit more of a strategy based game than the dice games. It didn't annoy the crap out of me like fishing, and especially net fishing from IV...grrr...(not that that counts as a minigame). But I never spent much time on any of the minigames, as a rule...so perhaps I would be better off saying none of them? Meh.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite is the cooking contest, mostly for the reasons already mentioned. Really, I just liked to pretend I could cook. I liked chinchorin for the ease of money-getting in I. Ritapon was allright, but I never could get into it much.

There are a couple card minigames in III, but I don't remember what they're called. You play one against Mike and the other against Billy, but I was never fond of either. There's also Kathy's horse racing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: