Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stat Change will be implemented tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So does this mean you had time to get to the Duel Simulator tonight as well? No real rush, but you mentioned doing it later and it also says you did it earlier. I'm excited to see if I can still best some rivals of mine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thats the thing Sars, most people that come here for any amount of time, are still going to be coming in, and posting the next day anyway. Even if they take a small amount of time away to pursue other things for themselves, they will be back to normal shortly anyway. Besides this stat reduction will only have a strong effect on those who are not as consistent as others, and people like me for example will be hitting those stats again sooner or later. I just need to hunker down, and build myself back like I once was. Anyways this will make for interesting times here on the Suikox forum anyway, so we just have to wait, and see. I am sure that you have your reasons for pulling this off, however the ones that get hurt the most, myself included are the ones who have been around the longest. Oh well, back to the grind of posting, and making a difference with my views for the entire forum to see.

Oh, and I would just like to say good job with all the work the admins have put into the forum lately. We might gripe, and complain about certain things like our stats being nerfed all around, but in the end we really do appreciate it I assure you. Keep up the good work guys, just know that we will be watching.

By the way I have just one small question on this entire nerfing, and that is karma. Considering that it's essentially based on how long members have been on the forum, why does it seem that my karma went down? Maybe it's just me, but it seems a little strange to me. Wouldnt it have somewhat been immune considering that it doesnt seem to have anything to do with the posts that a person makes on the forum?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Karma has been reworked so there is a slight difference.

Also, the reason behind the nerfing is to stop certain members from having insanely high stats that are nearly unbeatable in a duel. The stats are becoming harder to raise in general that isn't completley dependable on a persons posting style (as it was before).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the stats have gotten a heck of a lot more complex now. It has more variables to base things off of, and many of these will still be detrmined by a member's actions. Some things will be "fate" however.

There will be more additions in the future, which will allow for some customization though.
Jovia

21st border guard unit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
and many of these will still be detrmined by a member's actions

you're saying like there's something other than posting and inactive can affect this,is it true?maybe like exploration or victory counts,eh?

God is perfect
any other than God are imperfect
-Jovia,Harmonian Chiei star

bored? try clicking this
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Certainly; almost everything you do on this forum affects your stats (beside sending/receiving PMs).
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*feels nekkid, grabs a lampshade, looks around, dives into a bush* :shock:

I like what I'm seeing so far, Sars! Things definitely feel more Suikoden-y around here.

*waves good bye to Destructive Blow* Will we ever meet again? :cry:

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it a lot more as it stops such sudden growth tends just due to making large posts or simply because of victory counts. VC's do raise your level somewhat by your stats grow at a much slower rate than before.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose this does make things more interesting. But darn, I have to say byebye to my Destructive Blow as well. *hangs around with the Noots as the Destructive Blow walks further away from the two of us*

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phew - at least I can duel against you and win a few times :D Otherwise it'd have been a total disaster.

Although really my victory chances are like 1/10...

Edit: Ignore that anyway, the duel calculator isn't working with the accurate stats we have in our profiles.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
I suppose this does make things more interesting. But darn, I have to say byebye to my Destructive Blow as well. *hangs around with the Noots as the Destructive Blow walks further away from the two of us*

I know someone who still has his destructive blows.

Hah!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1129479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, don't despair you guys. I didn't just lose my destructive blows, I lost my physical attacks and now my attacks are magical. How I miss the physical attacks and the Mother Earth protection... but I guess I'll manage. :wink:

The part that really hurts is that literally one day after a massive update of my census spreadsheet, the stat change rendered the leadership values woefully inaccurate. Since you need to go into the profile to view the leadership values, it would be insane to re-compile that info for each member of each nation. I may be a masochist, but I'm not that insane.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, Elc, you are still a powerhouse without your physical attacks. Hell, you are even better now! Now, instead of knocking someone out when you punch them, you just have to use your mind and they will bow to you. I don't have any of that. But then again, I also don't have to update my spreadsheet.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crap, my awesome speed stat just died. Now I will never win in the duel engine. At least my strength and HP stayed relavitely the same, but my poor, poor, speed. :cry:

So, uh, if someone is to log in every once in a while and not post, would they retain their good stats, or is posting required?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was finally just catching up to the rest of the Nation Leaders.... now they're going to beat me up during the meetings again!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: