Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stat Change will be implemented tonight
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Stat Change will be implemented tonight Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a warning that the stats formula will be overhauled tonight. I finished working on it, and the thing looks beautiful. I'll give a run-down of what will happen.

Everyone will be downgraded across the board. Because everyone is affected equally, nothing really changes. I just wanted to get rid of un-suikodenish stats.

Also, the number of topics you have made will affect your stats, just FYI.

Furthermore, the month you registered will affect your stats progression. The variation is pretty minor though, you won't see any major trends from month to month. I added this just to throw people off.

The greatest change is with inactivity. Stats will decrease with inactivity from now on, and the decrease will be rather significant. Accounts that have been inactive for more than 100 days will become nearly useless, isn't that so sad!

So, please spend some time with your lovely stats today, because you won't see it like that for a very long time (if ever).
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bye bye stats.. *sniffle*.. Not that mine are that good, but still.

Guess this helps a bit with the war system, doesn't it. Means that Nations can't keep using the same powerful units each phase unless they keep active enough. We could get to see different generations of members as time goes on, as older members become inactive and newer members come along.

With the month thing, blah, I just know it's gonna mess up my skill stat, but enough of that. :roll:

Hope it works out the way you want it, Mr. Sars
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets go October!

Quote:
Everyone will be downgraded across the board. Because everyone is affected equally, nothing really changes. I just wanted to get rid of un-suikodenish stats.

Does this mean our stats will be more dependent on our level?

Quote:
Also, the number of topics you have made will affect your stats, just FYI.

Arggh, I don't know if I'm creative enough to handle this.

Quote:
The greatest change is with inactivity. Stats will decrease with inactivity from now on, and the decrease will be rather significant. Accounts that have been inactive for more than 100 days will become nearly useless, isn't that so sad!

Hooray! I'm sick of getting beaten by people who've only made one post.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Our stats are slightly based on Suikoden now? This should be interesting. I can't wait!

*cherishes current stats* I hope I still get to keep you, mighty SPD stat. You have always been there for me, saving my butt in duels and uh... stuff. :?

I'm quite curious as to how the active oldbies with supah-powerful stats will get nerfed, especially Sars himself. :P I guess we'll have to wait for it!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Stat Change will be implemented tonight Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:

So, this means my return now has really saved my neck?

Also, will this knock down our levels as well as the stats contained therein?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will this also affect the leadership values?

I'm hoping that a high SPD stat will no longer mean an instant win anymore.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Prays that activity in topics you've created affect your stats*

Heh, I've got enoughb threads under my belt, I should be fine. I can't wait to see this SARS, I have a feeling it's going to make everything much, much better.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
Will this also affect the leadership values?

Oh man, I hope not. I just spent an ungodly amount of time gathering leadership values and it would be hell if I had to do it all over again.

I'm interested to see how it affects the personal and military attributes. It's a good thing the change is happening tonight as the stat adjustment could alter the effect of planned duels.

Quote:

I agree. It's cruel when you're already being beaten down in a duel, but it adds insult to injury when you've been soundly beaten with the first attack, but the speed of the other duelist calls for up to two more attacks. ;-)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, stats affect leadership values, so it will be affected.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am quite confused to be honest :?
As always when Lord SARS posts something :oops:

Why do we have to change our stats ? (no I am not saying that we should keep them nor am I saying you are a bad Admin and forumruler and NO I do most definatly NOT want to get kicked off this forum)

I do agree with the inactive thing though, it has bugged me so hard to see such strong units on forumusers that haven't been around for a small age :x

Well I hope it won't change to much because I was quite fond of this system, seeing the slow upgrading of the stats :D

Ah wel
*huggles his stats*

Regards
Alucard

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The upgrading of stats would even get slower, so you'll probably enjoy it more, Alucard.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking foward to their implementation.

What time will the new system be kicking in at?
*is wondering if it will make my unit change a waste of money*
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No idea when exactly. It takes a few complicated steps before I can connect everything together.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Quote:

Hooray! I'm sick of getting beaten by people who've only made one post.

Good to hear that, because even if there were super mages (Yuver 7, Gremio, Handsome DevilND), people who still didn't post alot, but had crazy WPP in the early going and never came back shouldn't be among the best delists at Suikox (*cough* Abyscal *cough*)

Quote:

What would be really nice was if KAR wasn't the ultimate deciding factor in duels, but the SPD stat is pretty killer *Duels UberYuber*...oh...

Anyways, it should be interesting to say. I'm going to take this last time to say goodbye to my extremely high HP, MAG, MDEF, which were cool, but I'll really miss my EVD, which was, and I guess still is for a few hours, one of the highest on the site.

EDIT: I guess so...

~THI~

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riot

Repeated Fire!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Will there be an option for people who are on vacation to freeze thier current stats so that they dont lose them just because they are on holiday or ill
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: