Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 2 New (?) Promo Pic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it looks awesome. Gives you a better insight into what you'll see out of Jowy for the majority of the game.
It must be new though, which isn't surprising, due to the re-release

-My DeviantArt-
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It kinda makes me sad that Jowy looks so sinister. From the artwork on the original Suikoden II box, I never guessed he was the antagonist of the game. It made it a surprise for me.

This artwork, while rocking, doesn't leave much to the imagination in the lines of "Well, is he bad or not?" ;__;

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Y HALO THAR EVIL JOWY!

The re-release seems obviously catered to the fans of the original games that were previously willing to spend upwards of 200 dollars buying them on eBay so I doubt the game almost literally puking the Jowy twist on the cover will matter.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rane wrote:
here it is good thing i saved it. :D

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/ayee_rane/Riou.jpg

Nice one Rane, thanks. The picture looks awesome, Jowy looks badass as well, it makes him more masculine looking. (I thought he was a girl on my first playthrough of Suiko II) :lol:

Thanks again Rane. 8-)
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love that pic !
It's a very good artwork! Plus Riou doesn't have that stupid smile. he looks so naive and stupid.He looks more like a warrior , like a general on this pic
And even if Jowy's eyes spoiled the games a little (Is he REALLY evil?) I think it's a very good artwork !
Thanks to you Pesmerga and Rane
Mukumuku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanna see more! Thanks pessy and ranie
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice pic rane
wow it's awesome and jowy look great in it
thx a lot
i like jowy a lot and he is coolllllllllllllllllllll
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is AWESOME.
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destiny's Warrior wrote:
(I thought he was a girl on my first playthrough of Suiko II) :*laugh*:

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who thought so as well. :lol:

Cover looks really nifty with all the soft colours and all. Jowy's eyes do look weird though- it looks as if he's possessed or something. :shock: Only peeve is that Nanami isn't on the cover. For such an important character, it's strange that she's not there.

(Then again, I guess Jowy's role in the game was bigger than Nanami's. So he deserves more to be in it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it's new. The Konami logo is the old one, and the dates at the bottom are from around Suikoden II's original release. Perhaps it just wasn't released back then (for fear of spoilers).

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just about to say that. This obviously isn't new, just look at the date at the bottom and old Konami logo.

I'm sure this picture was in one of the artbooks or something. There are plenty of Suikoden 2 pictures many of you probably haven't seen, like stuff for posters and cards and novel covers and such that was all done by the Suikoden 2 and 3 artist.

The artwork was done by Ishikawa. As far as I know, she (sadly) isn't working on Suikoden anymore. After Suikoden 3 she worked on OZ and no one knows what she has been doing since. Hopefully she'll be in Suikoden 6 or something. The fandom misses her.

^Actual quote!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy looks both spectacular and eerie and terrifying, or a bit druged. wondefull picture, looks nice on ones desktop I presume.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the highland look - focused, determined and serious! Power to the nation!

( sets as wallpaper )

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Copyright in the left bottom corner suggests that it was an original artwork, but it was probably not released from Konami before for whatever reasons and with the excuse of the PSP version they let it out, I can't find any other explanation since so many people haven't seen it and because of the Copyright...

Erm, unless it's a VERY good fan-art disguised as official.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That can't be, it's definetly Ishikawa's work.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: