Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 NEW NEW Scans & New Character Revealed :D!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, but they could just be teasing people with the whole "Is he? Isn't he?" by using a Suikoden I portrait. But then Morgan never was that huge of a character popularity wise compared to say Killey/Lorelai/Georg who have already been revealed. It wouldn't make sense to hide his appearance this much.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But then again how would we know? its a BIG chance he will be in the game, what does the scans say? can anyone translate?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is that chance that he could be in the game, but there is also the chance that he was just put there to cause speculation. It would be interesting to see him with his eyesight before he was blinded just to see how powerful he was to cause his eyes to be taken out.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PirateSigurd, I don't think there's a BIG chance he'll be in the game. There is a chance yes, but there are many other factors to consider for a characters appearance in a game other than "he was from there".

They've shown his Suikoden I art in a magazine to show the backstory of characters previously shown that are from Falena. That's just so they can flesh out the land a bit more to people who are new to Suikoden.

I would like to see Morgan in Suikoden V, but I'm not holding my breath that he is in it. He's not popular enough of a character for Konami to be hiding his presence.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Konami is actually trying to hide the presence of any "popular enough" character, I don't think they've done a good job at it at all. There is Georg Prime, and then there is Viki and those Sindar hunters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually hiding some unexpected returning characters somewhere in there instead. Nonetheless, I also doubt Morgan's proper return... solely because he wasn't a character from Suikoden 2. The end.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
If Konami is actually trying to hide the presence of any "popular enough" character, I don't think they've done a good job at it at all. There is Georg Prime, and then there is Viki and those Sindar hunters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually hiding some unexpected returning characters somewhere in there instead. Nonetheless, I also doubt Morgan's proper return... solely because he wasn't a character from Suikoden 2. The end.

Any introduction of Falena to actual gameplay would have to pretty much include Georg and Killey as the only thing really associated with falena is the queens demise at the hands of Georg. Any person whos played Suikoden II pretty much knew by the end at least Georgs involvement. With Killey being named then it was assumed that Lorelai would be involved as they both hunt the Sindar Ruins and had a scuffle. Jeane and Viki havent been left out of a Suikoden yet regardless of timeframes, so theres 5 pretty much known characters that people will go 'yeah theyre gonna have to be in Suikoden 5 or else whats the real point in it being placed in Falena?'

And what would being a character from 2 have to do with appearing in 5? ted wasnt a chaarcter in 2 and he appeared in 4. Your logic baffles me :P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
And what would being a character from 2 have to do with appearing in 5? ted wasnt a chaarcter in 2 and he appeared in 4. Your logic baffles me :P

i think hes infering to the fact that Georg, Lorelai and Killey were all in Suikoden II...

and prolly also that alot of SV seems to be trying to emulate a little SII nostalgia...

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I think he's referring to the near godhood Suikoden 2 has achieved within the Suikoden fandom, and how everyone is supposedly waiting for "another Suikoden 2"

^Actual quote!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It personally doesn't matter to me which previous games that the returning characters come from. It seems that the majority of the revealed returning characters are from SII (Georg, Lorelai, Killey), Viki and Jeane don't count since they have been in every Suikoden).

It would be interesting to have some that were from different ones other then Suikoden II. I don't mind either way, though...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now all thats left is for Neclord to come back! Again!

^Actual quote!
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Now all thats left is for Neclord to come back! Again!

Can't we just let dead villains stay dead just this once?

:)
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh but it is quite possible that he has yet to be killed :D

Depending upon when this game takes place and since it seems that it is prior to Suikoden I...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if the game is set before Suikoden II, I'm willing to bet Konami will think of some excuse for Neclord to go to Falena. Possibly in a rowing boat. The problem with recurring villians is that they tend to suck because of their horrible win-loss record. If Neclord was to appear in Suikoden V his record would read...

Steals Blue Moon Rune (1-0). Get's ass kicked up and down Falena, Toran and Dunan (1-3).

Of course, he never popped up in Suikoden IV so maybe he's gone for good. Or maybe that Neclord sunbathing in the Island Nations waiting for you to turn up at his large gothic castle by the beach would be the most contrived plot device in the Suikoden series to date.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Oh but it is quite possible that he has yet to be killed

Depending upon when this game takes place and since it seems that it is prior to Suikoden I...

Oh, you know what I meant. Twisting my words for your own fun. :)

Do we really need to kill him off a third time? I suppose every Suikoden needs an easy boss anyway...

:D
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Magic Malcolm wrote:
Quote:
Oh but it is quite possible that he has yet to be killed

Oh, you know what I meant. Twisting my words for your own fun. :)

Do we really need to kill him off a third time? I suppose every Suikoden needs an easy boss anyway...

:D

Haha i think it would be fitting for Neclord to be the first boss we have to face in Suikoden 5. Haha he could make a big entrance with his music playing, only to be easily killed right after.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: