Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 NEW NEW Scans & New Character Revealed :D!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is quite true Viki. Sounds pretty strategic and gamble based to me.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that there was a unite somewhat like this in Suikoden III. I think it was with Geddoe and all of his team (minus Aila). No one would've been able to heal or attack seperately, so it would've been a somewhat risky move to use in the heat of a battle.

I only used that attack in the first round of boss battles or in regular battles against somewhat weak enemies....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was also the five dogs attack in Suikoden 3, and the 5 squirrel attack in Suikoden 2. If this attack is indeed a unite (which it most likely is) it will be the first six-person unite in the series.

The "rush" command of Suikoden 4 was there to help heal the hero, who was damaged by his rune. It really didn't make any sense at all, and there's no reason to bring it back.

There are plenty of unite attacks where the characters all strike at once. Hanna and Oulan, Shin and Genshu, Flik and Viktor, Mizuki and Akaghi, the five squirrels, and others.

^Actual quote!
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
There was also the five dogs attack in Suikoden 3, and the 5 squirrel attack in Suikoden 2. If this attack is indeed a unite (which it most likely is) it will be the first six-person unite in the series.

There was also the blacksmith attack in the first game.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps I should go back, and take a look at those 5-person unites, as well as the others mentioned...I don't think I ever got to use most of them. That would explain why the one on Suiko 5 didn't seem familiar to me.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this is exciting for me personally, because I have always found the Lorelai, and Killey characters to be interesting. Then add another to the mix, with similar interests, and the inevitable additional information on the Sindar, and I am one happy camper. Considering I personally have always been someone interested in ruins, and ancient cultures, so anything additional on a game based ancient culture would just further make the game that much better for yours truly. However the only thing that I am interested in now is, since this will be dealing with events before some of the more recent games where does Zweig fit in? I mean we have a story behind Killey, and Lorelai, and we have some clues to their past from previous games. Though naturally since they were far from key players in previous games, they didnt get much backstory. Hopefully if this comes after the first Suikoden game we might get to see the hero from the first game make an appearance as one of the stars, not to mention some kind of story with it too. That just my take on things, but then again when was the last time one of these games gave me what I wanted out of it?

Oh just for the record good job finding the scans Permerga, we appreciate it, or at least some of us do anyway.

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
The difference with Rush and the 6 party combo attack is that with Rush only the hero attacks. That was most definitely a 6 party unite attack. When using unites, characters have held their arms up before doing the attack or using rune magic.

But it could've been changed for Suikoden V, as it has different formation options and maybe different formations change the Rush attack too.

Vince Muerto wrote:
Blue Thunder wrote:

There was also the blacksmith attack in the first game.

And the Knight Attack in Suikoden IV.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I looked at the 6-person attack in the trailer. I did notice three things about it.

1 - When they "activate" the six-person attack, there is white light under them. But when the hero and Rionne "activate" thier attack, blue light appears under them. This may mean only the first is a unite, or that certain unites flash different colors under the characters when used.

2 - It may be a unite/special that is specific to that battle formation. If you notice, the characters in the six-person attack charge forward in the same formation as they were in before using the attack. This means it could be, like I said, a unite or Rush-like command...or it may be something specific to that formation.

3 - In both, all of the character raise thier hands when "activating" the attack. This may mean they are both unite attacks.

After reviewing all of that, I'm now convinced that the first one is a unite attack (no question there, really) and that the six-person attack is something special. If it is a unite, it's probably something dependant on being in a certain formation. It's probably similar to Rush. The fact that the characters keep formation says a lot. Maybe each formation does more than just change where characters are on the battlefield? Maybe they can alter unite attacks, or maybe some unite attacks require certain formations, or maybe each formation has it's own special attack that every character participates in? Or maybe I'm thinking too hard?

^Actual quote!
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's just wait until we come to conclusions.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Okay, I looked at the 6-person attack in the trailer. I did notice three things about it.

1 - When they "activate" the six-person attack, there is white light under them. But when the hero and Rionne "activate" thier attack, blue light appears under them. This may mean only the first is a unite, or that certain unites flash different colors under the characters when used.

2 - It may be a unite/special that is specific to that battle formation. If you notice, the characters in the six-person attack charge forward in the same formation as they were in before using the attack. This means it could be, like I said, a unite or Rush-like command...or it may be something specific to that formation.

3 - In both, all of the character raise thier hands when "activating" the attack. This may mean they are both unite attacks.

After reviewing all of that, I'm now convinced that the first one is a unite attack (no question there, really) and that the six-person attack is something special. If it is a unite, it's probably something dependant on being in a certain formation. It's probably similar to Rush. The fact that the characters keep formation says a lot. Maybe each formation does more than just change where characters are on the battlefield? Maybe they can alter unite attacks, or maybe some unite attacks require certain formations, or maybe each formation has it's own special attack that every character participates in? Or maybe I'm thinking too hard?

I wouldnt say youre thinking too hard as i noticed the same things, and added to that if you'll notice when they actually strike the enemy during the unite, the 2 person unite deals damage with a slightly orange and yellow glow while the 6 persona attack is more red.

It could end up just being a severeity type of thing in the manner that white is closer to yellow then blue, red is associated more to heat then yellow or orange.

It could also be since both Rionne and the hero in the battles shown hit enemies 4-5 times that there are (Their unite damages that serpent 9 times) whereas the 6 person unite damages once. Both only show 1 enemy as the opponent though so it could be a case of the 6 perosn being an attack all formation while the 2 perosn unite is a singular attack.

So the blue ring could indicate singular enemy, while the white ring indicates all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was also thinking the formation may have something to do with it. Maybe there are full-party attacks that are based on the formation the party is in. Or maybe that formation is specifically for that attack. And maybe some formations are geared toward certain things, like magic using, or defense.

EDIT: Just realized I basically re-stated what Blue Thunder said. Oh well :D
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or maybe the color used when activiating the unite attacks depends on the unite attacks' levels? That's assuming they keep upgradable unites from Suikoden 4.

The red damage may mean a critical strike. I'm not sure having damage change color for special attacks is wise. Damage color changes usually only happen with criticals, regeneration/healing, poison, and such...at least in most games.

^Actual quote!
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
If it is a unite, it's probably something dependant on being in a certain formation.

This brings up an interesting thought for me. Think of how interesting it would be if cerrtain unites only worked in certain formations. That would add an entirely new level of strategy to the battle.

It would also be interesting if the effects of the unite were altered as well depending on the formation. I am not saying that it is like this but merely speculating on how much more strategic the battles would become.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got them working now, Zweig looks awsome definetly, he looks like Otacon a little and a blond Maes Hughes from Full Metal.

So the pic of Morgan does suggest that he is returning in this game right? I really hope he does, Morgan is one of my most favorite characters from Suikoden I.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think he is. They used his Suikoden 1 portrait. It would have made more sense to use any new artwork of him instead.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: