Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

List of changes from Phase 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: List of changes from Phase 8 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll let you all know of system changes starting from phase 8 so you can all plan stuff until phase 8 starts.

1) Stats change -- Stats formulas will be tweaked starting phase 8. I can't tell you the exact changes, but I will implement the change once I am completely done with them.

2) Supply lines through allies -- if you have cut-off regions that can be connected if you go through regions belonging to allies, you will have supply lines connected. Also, even if a cut-off region doesn't fit the above cirteria, as long as they can be connected to an ally's capital city, you can buy supplies for 200000 potch/region which must be paid to your ally.

3) Raids -- Instead of attacking an enemy region to capture it, you will now be able to raid neighboring enemy regions to pillage and plunder their land, netting potch, soldiers, and other trinkets. Raiders will be configured much like exploration parties (3 regiments), and can face enemy resistance if the enemy chooses to resist (can't think of any reason why they wouldn't). This option will cost 3PP, and must be included within the declaration of intent.

4) Region Stats -- I will slowly introduce region stats into the battle system, but in phase 8, I will introduce region defense and region morale. These two attributes will affect a regiment's defenseive capabilities (region defense) and offensive capabilities (public morale). Basically, the higher the better. The formula will work so that if a region has 100 region defense (maximum), they will get a 33% boost to their regiment's defense points, and the same goes with public morale.

5) Protectorates and NPC regiments -- Some nations found these through exlorations, but we will now have NPC regiments that can provide certain special services to their master nation. These regiments belong to a protectorate which is an autonomous region that doesn't produce any PP or potch for their master nation. Other nations who conquer these regions can gain their services as well; or can turn the region into a normal region by forcing their citizens to forgo of their special ways and take up farming.

As usual, I don't want to hear any complaints or suggestions, etc.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No complaints or suggestions here:

Quote:
2) Supply lines through allies -- if you have cut-off regions that can be connected if you go through regions belonging to allies, you will have supply lines connected.

Can a nation connect cut off regions through multiple nations that are allies or is it only one?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, if there are multiple nations, supplies can be brought through them, like pudding.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe you just compared supply lines to pudding...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: List of changes from Phase 8 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have a few questions for this one.
Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
I5) Protectorates and NPC regiments -- Some nations found these through exlorations, but we will now have NPC regiments that can provide certain special services to their master nation. These regiments belong to a protectorate which is an autonomous region that doesn't produce any PP or potch for their master nation. Other nations who conquer these regions can gain their services as well; or can turn the region into a normal region by forcing their citizens to forgo of their special ways and take up farming.

If other nation conquer these regions:
1. Would there be any cost to turn the area into a normal region? If yes, what is the cost?
2. If it is turned to a normal region, would the conqueror nation lose the NPC for good? If not, what is the way to regain the NPC regiments services?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The choice can be made only when the region is conquered. Thus, if a nation wishes to change it's mind, the only way is to have another nation attack it and take it first, and then re-taking it.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: List of changes from Phase 8 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:

4) Region Stats -- I will slowly introduce region stats into the battle system, but in phase 8, I will introduce region defense and region morale. These two attributes will affect a regiment's defenseive capabilities (region defense) and offensive capabilities (public morale). Basically, the higher the better. The formula will work so that if a region has 100 region defense (maximum), they will get a 33% boost to their regiment's defense points, and the same goes with public morale.

I guess this only applies when a nation is solely defending in the respective region?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it would only apply if the nation is engaging in a defensive battle.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, with the morale, will there be a way to raise morale? or will there be ways for enemies to decrease their opponent's morale?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn that Grim Reaper! I wanna challenge that fool to a Duel! Taking my men like that...

Erm, what's up with him (?) showing up like that? Please, don't misunderstand me, Im a casualties freak! just wondering if his skills were a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural, and If this was also a change that would stick around for Phase 8.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course death will be present as well in phase 8 - it was a permanent rule addition, not a one-phase experiment.

And Death is no Sith as far as I know.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like something a Sith would say.

Plus I think the Grim Reaper should have his own membership with all the soldiers he's reaped. Just so we can see what he's done in total since Phase 7. Might be fun to see by Phase 10.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There will be further additions in futhre phases that will address questions raised so far. I can't implement everything at once due to time and resoruce constraints.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question, can a raid be done by ship, or strickly by land?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, it can be done by ship. In that case, there will be no naval battle for maritime superiority. It'd be like vikings and pirates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: