Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Australian Drug Trafficker Executed in Singapore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1155138 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:
Starslasher wrote:
Well, i live in Australia (not an Australian citizen...yet), and That was pretty big a few weeks ago. But the question of whether Van Truong should have been tried in an Australian court was never an issue. To the Australian people, the issue against Capital Punishment was in question.

As for me, It seems that nearly every Australian going overseas is being caught with narcotics at the airport. Van was not the first Austrlian to be caught with drugs in Southeast Asia. Before him, three cases were made in Bali of Schapelle Corby, underwear model Lelsie Michelle and nine teenagers known as the Bali Nine who were all accused of smuggling marijuana, ectasty tablets and heroin into the Airport at Denpasar. And i believe that for all three of them, the prosecution were pushing for the death sentence to the judges.
In the end, Schapelle Corby was found guilty and was sentence to 20 years, later reduced to 10; Leslie Michelle was acquitted and the Bali Nine i believe their trial is still going on. That or they are facing the shooting squad. News of the Bali Nine doesn't get that much coverage here in Australia.

The thing about the drug trafficking is that most of it is done in either SouthAsia/Middle East and the Southeast Asian regions. Afghanistan is notorious as being the world's largest producer of heroin, even today. Thailand also has farmers growing heroin. And to put a stop to this, the governments feel that it is necessary to have a somewhat "Zero Tolerance" policy when it comes to drug trafficking.

Do i feel that it is neccessary? Perhaps not. Life in prison would do just as well, and the family would be spared the grief of losing a family member. But will it stick as well as the death penalty?

Actually the place of the trial and under what law was a bigger issue then you made out by the people, it was the liberal gov which stated that Van should be tried in Indonesia and not Australia, while the Greens, Democrats and possibly Labor party deemed that sicne Van was an australian citizen that Howard should take it to the international court to get Van returned to Australia to stand trial.

Only later on after the verdict was there strife about the punishment of death, as all sides pretty much saw it as a barbaric act that had no possible deterrent to drug smugglers at all. What news services and those exasterbating the problem failed to say was that Van comitted the crime in 2000 (2001 somewhere around there) so all parties had ample time to take steps to eithe rbring him home to trial or to leave him there, they did nothing and waited for the verdict to kick up a stink.

They also didnt note that Van was caught, with i believe the number was either 4 or 10x the limit of heroin on himself that the law states deems the death penalty worthy. (ie to ask for the death penalty requires say 10 pounds, then he would have 40 pounds) He also had the intent to distribute and sell as it was later revealed he did that to help out his twin brother.

So it was more a case of you condemn thousands of individuals to a life dependant on drugs or you crucify him as an example. He chose his path and in the end accepted responsibility, the death penalty whether barbaric or not by laws of that country was neccessary.

Dont get me wrong in the statements that I have made, I never claimed that Australia was at any point condoning his criminal act, nor their trying him in their courts. What they were making issue of, was the punishment that he was recieving for the crime, which is also what pissed me off the most out of the whole situation. Living here in Vancouver, I have seen first hand what the effects of heroin on people long term are, I have seen their lives ruined, and the lives they ruin. I have heard stories, of a man so desperate for his next hit of heroin that he broke into a house, began robbing it, and when the owners came in he killed them out of desperation. They were elderly, and they were only pushed, but his actions resulted in their deaths, all so he could steal their stuff to buy his next hit.

So lets consider that they want to avoid having people like that around right? Well you do realise that a lot of these people tend to have connections outside of the prison, that can move drugs around for them. If you have ever watched shows about life in prison, you already know that it's not that far fetched to run drug cartels even in prison. So these people would still be sending drugs around while still in prison, and they want to avoid that. Give me life, and nothing will change, but if you kill them, they cant run something themselves when they are dead. It's a good way of making sure that they cant do anything again, saving the lives of many people, who would die, or have their lives ruined by those drugs. Can you imagine how many lives would have been effected by those 40+ pounds of drugs?

The question is still was it the right decision to execute this person, and considering that it is made very clear that the type of crime is punishable by death. They apparently have signs all over the airport in these countries that tell you just that, which means he knew exactly what he was doing at the time. I hate to say it but he got what was coming to him, and in my opinion, drug crimes would be a lot less common, around the world if more countries were to take this stand against it. You cant consider the rights of the criminals, or those that take the drugs, but on the big picture all together. Look at all the other lives their drug selling have, and not just on the drug addicts. You would then see why I dont have the least bit of sympathy for anyone clearly looking to sell not just some heroin, but a huge amount of heroin.

You seem to have misunderstood, i was all for him being executed for his crimes based off the information given to the Australian public. I was merely noting because from what i had read in this thread it wasnt noted when this actually took place, how much he carried or responses of the different parties of the Australian government and the senate, so again i merely stated what was released.

The thing i kinda incinuated was, he was just a mule so his death is rather insignificant outside of the supplier finding another mule to transport, so it would have been more beneficial to use him as source of trace back instead of holding him in a cell, maiking him admit he had it (which was quite obvious since it was strapped to him) then hang him. What of the supplier or the chain? Not even mentioned once.

So its a hollow victory in that yeah they killed a guy with intent to distribute a large amount of drugs, but whos to say there arent 40 or 50 more desperate ppl waiting to take his spot, and no one knows who or where.

Also using the Corby case as an example, since she was convicted of drug trafficing Indonesian authorities were evn reluctant to allow her family to see her on christmas, let alone actually give anything. So i doubt that him being a mule would bring about him then running a drug ring outside of the same prison...doesnt make much logical sense if you get my drift.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I respect the right of Singapore to prosecute criminals that break its laws, that's not what this debate is/was about. It's about what Australians perceive to be a barbaric penalty being used in a relatively minor crime. I tend to agree with the Australian viewpoint.

As Filipe knows from my comments on the Stanley "Tookie" Williams case, I am completely, one hundred percent against the death penalty. And in my opinion, this is even worse than killing a murderer. It is a less violent and less malicious crime.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i watched this with interest. Van was from melbourne. he got involved with traficking to help his brother out of a large gambling debt. through his illegal activities, he saved his brother's life, but lost his own.

that doesn't make him a hero. it doesn't make him an idiot. the problem lies in that the work horses of the drug trade - growers, street pushers and smugglers get the bolton end of the deal here, while the masterminds get off and probably greese the politician and police's pockets.

i am totally against killing. i'm totally against killers being killed.

i found that with Van's case, it wasn't so much wanting him to be tried in a more lenient country, but to not face the death penalty.

while drugs are bad (mmmkay), there is some responsibilty that lies in a persons decision to use it - otherwise everyone in the world would be a drug addict - it starts as a decision to try a prohibited substance.

there's even more trouble with the "Bali 9" drug smugglers. these idiots were caught with information given by australian authorities, who knew full well, that if the information given to the indonesian police led to their capture could make them face the death penalty - they could've acted upon return to australia.

in a report, it said the news headlines and opinion pieces in singapore around van's execution was that australia was soft on drugs and every australian is disrespectful of other nations laws - schapelle corby, michelle lesly, the bali 9 and van ngyuen.

i believe we're strong on border security/drug smuggling into australia, i just believe we don't see that killing someone under any circumstance as punishment for their crimes solves anything at all.
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We were discussing the subject of drugs in my politics class on Friday, and one girl called Helen suggested that drugs should be made legal so that they could be regulated, and therefore there wouldn't be as much as a problem in getting sterile needles for heroin, overdoses could be prevented etc. While I disagree with legalising any drugs for reasons of I hate people's lives being ruined by dependancy, there are good points in her argument. And regulated drugs are better than irregulated drugs, since at least then there's a legal limit and it would stop the drugs and prostitution related trades getting money in the underworld since drugs aren't profitable with the state selling them legally. If drugs and prostitution were legal, would gangs still be interested when the state had legalised drugs and special centres for sexual activity? I think not and that she does have a point economically, though I am morally against such a change.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I am not going to get immersed with the thorough conversations, so I will make this very brief. Carry on as much as you would like, if you do not have better things to do. Killing someone is murder. Execution is murder. If you kill a drug runner, you have committed murder. Try to dress it up as much as you can, but there is no justification for killing someone. I am not naïve to the fact that we war with each other all the time around the world, but that is that. I am sick of seeing people ‘cheering in the streets' when they hear someone is going to be executed. Do you want your country to be something more than ‘Third World'? Abolish the death penalty and maybe you will have that chance.

Lock these people up, they deserve that. But murdering them? Ah, we have enough of that going on in the world. There is no need to add to it. I don't need to try and sound like a ‘saint' with this, because I am not. But I do realise a great err when I see it.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
If America felt that criminals should go back to their native country to be punished, why do we have Saddam Hussein in a cage here in the States?

Saddam is being tried in Baghdad.

It is customary for a country to hand over its criminals to the country of which the person has citizenship, so he can be punished according to his home country's laws. It's considered chilling for international relations to punish criminals (who are not prisoners of war) in a country of which they are not citizens.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do your dirt and grab your nuts.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz wrote:
Well, I am not going to get immersed with the thorough conversations, so I will make this very brief. Carry on as much as you would like, if you do not have better things to do. Killing someone is murder. Execution is murder. If you kill a drug runner, you have committed murder. Try to dress it up as much as you can, but there is no justification for killing someone. I am not naïve to the fact that we war with each other all the time around the world, but that is that. I am sick of seeing people ‘cheering in the streets' when they hear someone is going to be executed. Do you want your country to be something more than ‘Third World'? Abolish the death penalty and maybe you will have that chance.

Lock these people up, they deserve that. But murdering them? Ah, we have enough of that going on in the world. There is no need to add to it. I don't need to try and sound like a ‘saint' with this, because I am not. But I do realise a great err when I see it.

Whoa whoa whoa there slow down there cowboy before you run yourself into a brick wall. I am sorry but are you trying to tell someone what they should think is, and isnt murder? Are you essentially telling a nation whom sees this as a fitting punishment considering the damage these drugs do to people's lives that they dont have that right? I am sorry really but this insistance on berating the laws of another country just because you dont like the law, no matter how clearly mentioned when entering is rediculous. It is no different then me going into whichever country you are from, and demanding you change some law whatever it might be. Or coming here, and berating someone who probably doesnt even live there, or speaking like they do about a law you see as wrong. How about showing some tolerance of another culture, another nation and just disagreeing with their laws. However sitting there, and insulting them saying they are and I quote "dancing in the streets" when an execution comes along, essentially making them sound like barbarians is not the way to go. By the way abolishing capital punishment wont change the image of third world status, nor would it bring about the image as such. I dont see anyone claiming that the United States is anywhere near third world status, and they also have the death penalty.

Now where people seem to get it wrong is in the simple definition of murder. Murder is the act of killing someone, while in the process of commiting a crime, or for an act of cold calous nature towards an innocent human being. A person mind you who had not done anything to you that would constitute a threat to your personal well being, physically. This is murder, has always been the essentially definition of murder, and how the word takes shape. An execution on the other hand takes the form of punishment for a crime deemed worthy by the goverment, for said punishment. Some nations have it, other nations dont and that is their own individual right as nations to do so. Murder is taking the life of someone innocent in a cold calulating, and clearly malicious way according to the laws of the land. These two people, Van Nguyen and Tookie Williams, had their day in court. They had the chance to defend themselves, had the oppertunity to fight for their freedom, and their lives, and they lost. According to the laws where these crimes were commited, they were both sentenced to die as punishment for their crimes. There was no innocence there, thus there was no murder, only punishment according to the laws of the land.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Legally murder is only the unlawful killing of someone. However from a moral standpoint murder is the killing of anyone outside of self defence, I think that's what Traz was trying to say.

And don't give me that crap about the death penalty being punishment. The family of the one executed may be punished by it, but the executed isn't going to know he/she's dead, they're not going to be rotting in the ground thinking about the wrongs they have done, all the death penalty is about is revenge. It's about making others feel better not the wrongdoer worse.

All I can say is wait until the zombies come, then they'll be sorry they killed every person they caught with drugs.

EDIT: And I didn't know Schala-Kid was Australian! There's a few of us around here.

Last edited by Hawk Thanatos on Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am from Australia. I care not how people try to justify any law. All countries and regardless are screwed in their own way, and as such I would never complain or try to change these laws. Again, trying to justify 'killing' someone is not possible. Law enforcement and the media may try to, but in the eyes of many who can rise above what their 'authority' tells them, it would be murder.

Why would I care to force my beliefs onto someone else? This ain't some fancy religion here or anything. You are quite naive if you believe that in these countries, people have not 'danced around in the street' for these matters. All you would need to do; at the time, would be read the papers or look into the news on the internet. My eyes are not shut. However, that is not to say "Whoa everyone in the country does that! They are all monster!" A foolish notion if you think I meant that, truly. I like to think I 'hate equally', which means I do not sway too far into either side of the argument. I can read both sides of the story, and accept them both. Wether I would try to defend either way, is quite beside the point by far.

Cowboy? Please. There is no need for attempts of belittling comments around here. You need not embarrass yourself. The rest of the post seemed intelligent; misplaced, though intelligent. I can respect what you wrote for what it was, but your interpretation was way off. Have a good one.

Last edited by Drizzt on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You may be surprised at how many Australians, or residents at least there are. Including you and Traz and me (resident, not a citizen), there's Schala-Kid and Black Pesmerga, both in Melbourne. There's also a couple of Kiwis, like Falcon Critical and Shadow Wolf (wherever he may be).

Anyways, Traz, how would you deal with a murderer, found guilty of committing murder, and yet was not repentant afterwards? After giving him his time in jail, he's most likely going to kill again. A lifetime in prison isn't guaranteed to keep him out of the streets i.e. there's a chance of a prisonbreak. It's not supposed to be a retort, but a hypothetical question. Wouldn't the death penalty be the only way to get rid of this scum from society's gutter?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz wrote:
I am from Australia. I care not how people try to justify any law. All countries and regardless are screwed in their own way, and as such I would never complain or try to change these laws. Again, trying to justify 'killing' someone is not possible. Law enforcement and the media may try to, but in the eyes of many who can rise above what their 'authority' tells them, it would be murder.

Why would I care to force my beliefs onto someone else? This ain't some fancy religion here or anything. You are quite naive if you believe that in these countries, people have not 'danced around in the street' for these matters. All you would need to do; at the time, would be read the papers or look into the news on the internet. My eyes are not shut. However, that is not to say "Whoa everyone in the country does that! They are all monster!" A foolish notion if you think I meant that, truly. I like to think I 'hate equally', which means I do not sway too far into either side of the argument. I can read both sides of the story, and accept them both. Wether I would try to defend either way, is quite beside the point by far.

Cowboy? Please. There is no need for attempts of belittling comments around here. You need not embarrass yourself. The rest of the post seemed intelligent; misplaced, though intelligent. I can respect what you wrote for what it was, but your interpretation was qay off. Have a good one.

First off the cowboy comment was a simple retort remark, insinuating that you simply needed to stay your comments, and relax. You simply were pushing through the whole deal, and essentially ramming your thoughts into your post without having thoughts to those of others. This thread was designed for debate not one sided shoving of certain ideas from one side or another. If you have a question to pose, asking people certain things about this issue they may consider, you have that right. However your first post came across to me as more of shoving your opinion in peoples faces saying " I am right, and anyone who doesnt agree with me is automatically wrong". This doesnt leave any room for debate, this essentially is forcing this opinion on people, essentially insinuating that they are "stupid" for thinking unlike you do. Not so much in words, but how those words were presented in this thread. Nothing more than that of course, but hey this is my opinion, and feel free to comment on it. Thats what a debate topic is all about isnt it?

However I happen to agree with Starslashers comment about, you speak on this like it should apply for everyone. Well what about these murderers who get out thanks to a prison break, or after the whole 25 years to life portion is over. They can apply to get out after 25 years, then they are legally free to go around killing even more people. Wouldnt it just be easier to go and execute them? Rather than risk them killing again, and having their deaths on your head because you could have executed this person in the first place? What about the rights of the future victims not to be killed by someone who had previously, simply because some moral fiber about protecting the life of a killer. What about the right for vengeance, for the families of those who were killed by this person? Dont they deserve some kind of vengeance for having their loved one ripped from them by a crime? All everyone seems to consider when murderers come up for execution are the rights of the murderer, what about the families rights? Dont they have the right to some sense of justice, some sense of vengeance for the wrong that was commited against them? How about the victim(s) themselves, shouldnt they have the one who robbed them of life, have the same done unto them? They wont be brought back, but it has never been about bringing them back, it's about delivering a just punishment and an eye for an eye.

Personally for me in the case of murderers, I say it should be up to the family, or families of the victim(s) to decide the persons punishment. Regardless of what the punishment might be, if they say execute them, than they will be executed. If they say life in prison without parole so be it. That should be a right they have, and it shouldnt be left up to a jury to decide, since who would know better what would be justice for the family, then the family itself. Maybe one of the mods, or an admin could just change this thread into a death penalty discussion. It seems to fit the theme best.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before I conclude my time posting here; I must remind everyone that I am not overly passionate towards this ‘issue' as you all. A quick post is all that was really necessary.

Well Starslasher, I would never have to even try and answer this question seriously; as it is not my job and it is not my place to deal with it. Opinion? Eh, no-one can honestly be truthful in any response they spurted out (wether they were trying to sound like a prophet, all high and mighty or not) UNLESS they had to experience the situation for themselves. No-one here can understand what those choices would feel like (including myself. They could try, but it would not be the same). Some scum-of-the-earth will never change. I have always thought that way. So what are you going to do? Hope that it never affects you, and prey that it never affects anyone else ever again. Either way, blindness such as this would never help out in anyway. The Wheels keep turning, and nothing can really ever be done. That is something you either have to accept, or blindly defend against as if they were your religious beliefs.

Hey, that topic got turned around. We are not talking about a murderer here are we? Just a drug runner? Whoops, you made me get carried away there.) Ah, Filipe. You could not have interpreted my post in any worse of a form then you did. But that is okay, you do not know me at all, so again I can accept your comments as largely misplaced, and move on.

Well, seeing as this topic has taken a large reversal to the title, you should either rename it, or close it off and make a new one in the regard you are mostly speaking of. Hmm, on that last note you mentioned, just about any family (whose husband/son/daughter/mother-regardless was killed) would want the murderer ‘sentenced to death'. It is human nature; very few would say they want him to live. But some of those feelings could be adrenaline-fuelled anger (which would be fare at the time). The family would not be capable of making the decision so readily, perhaps after some time had past, but not instantly. The concept of wether or not the murderer could try and ‘repent their sins' and change after a long period of rehabilitation and whatnot, is a large gamble. But if you killed 100 people, who is to say which of them could have really changed? Kill them all, and be done with it? Well, again I say I am glad that is not something I would ever have to decide.

That concludes my posting in this thread. Do what you will with it.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me, you seem to be a bit too defensive about it. In honesty, some would say that for the scenario i've given, the death penalty is just, like with Felipe. I was wondering if you could give an alternative to it.

Traz wrote:
But that is okay, you do not know me at all, so again I can accept your comments as largely misplaced, and move on.

I would have to say likewise.

Fillipe wrote:
What about the right for vengeance, for the families of those who were killed by this person? Dont they deserve some kind of vengeance for having their loved one ripped from them by a crime?

Er, i don't think that's allowed. Justice takes no one's side, and therefore doesn't deal in vengeance. It is a neutral system of power that punishes those found guilty(and should compensate for victims) accordingly. For that, i would have to disagree to let the family members decide the punishment of the murderer. After all, i'm certain that no mother, son, etc. would want to be put in such a position.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To start with, I'm Australian - though that shouldn't really matter. Also I'll note that much of this is copied from when I discussed this elsewhere, people there were definately far less interested to debate with - most of them are 12 - 16 with knowledge of very little besides what they hear others say.

There were reports at the start of last year warning about Heroin becoming more pure, and thusly more dangerous due to the ramping up of production in Afghanistan again. It's been known before to be dangerous, and that's at a lower purity level than can be expected now.

As for the cries of murder, how is drug smuggling any better than murder? He wasn't an angel stealing bread to survive, he was involved in the distribution of commercial qualities of a highly illegal and increasingly dangerous substance. I can't (and shouldn't have to) stress enough how dangerous heroin is.

As a good friend of someone else's said in a movie I quite enjoy "Criminals thrive on society's understanding". The Australian media is an excellent example of that understanding. Are we supposed to take pity on those who want to make a dollar from the suffering of their fellow human beings? I think Singapore has made their message loud and clear, they will not tolerate people bringing drugs into their country. What's so wrong with that? Who's gonna want to be the next guy hung or shot for trying to get drugs into Singapore?

I don't feel sorry for him, what he did in my eyes constitutes utter disregard for human life. What if he'd succeeded and he didn't get caught? Would that have been a happy ending? Do you think he spared a thought to the lives he sought to ruin in order to make his better? He did a horrendously stupid thing, regardless of the risk to his own life and those who his cargo were to reach, got caught and dealt with according to a law which is not merely in place in that country, and a law which is far from being unknown.

And to update on the Bali 9 if people haven't heard yet: the two supposed 'ringleaders' are to be executed by firing squad, I know of at least two other life sentences and from there on I'm not entirely sure. But it appears that the panel of judges do see a line between life for this sort of crime, and death - it's not at all like they rub their hands together with glee every time they catch someone else they can kill for drug smuggling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: