Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The mystery of "Orange"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing with orange is a huge conspiracy to put Lepant into power. He holds the True Orange Rune that governs rymeing becasue orange rymes with nothing its immune to its own power. It also lets the paradox brothers and flowery poets exist. With its influnce his ture rune will force its way into history and eventualy allow the leader of orange to take over the SuikoWorld!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Does Konami own the Orange Network?

Nope, I was being sarcastic.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe it was just random...
*programmer looks around the room for several minutes, until an orange comes into view...*

'ah! YES-that's it!'

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
The thing with orange is a huge conspiracy to put Lepant into power. He holds the True Orange Rune that governs rymeing becasue orange rymes with nothing its immune to its own power. It also lets the paradox brothers and flowery poets exist. With its influnce his ture rune will force its way into history and eventualy allow the leader of orange to take over the SuikoWorld!

I knew Lepant had to be behind it. He's altogether too goofy looking in the first Suikoden not to be up to something vile. Come to think of it, he's fairly goofy looking in the second game, too. Silly goofy-looking nation leaders...

...The point being, of course, that Lepant is evil! Jump him!
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lepant and his evil orange hair! :shock:

I used the Orange army in Suikoden 2 and I can't remember if something special happened. I guess I have to play the game again (I will play it again anyway haha) to know the answer. :P

TheBigJC05

The Badasses

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Konami. They have the most ridiculous humor ever.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheBigJC05 wrote:
It's Konami. They have the most ridiculous humor ever.

And the explanaition for duck people is finally revealed.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone actually pick it for their Company name? Personally I didn't know what it ment at the time.. and I really don't like it so I choose my own names...

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only reason to choose Orange would be to see Jowy say "Yeah, I like that name too, Riou" Other than that, I've always chosen Alliance or Jowston.

^Actual quote!
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always wondered about that, too, but I went along with the Orange thing anyway. The Orange Army does sound kinda catchy.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing is, Orange used to be my favorite color as a kid. So what I always thought that my name of the castle from Suikoden 1 got transfered to Suikoden II when Jowy asked "What should we name the castle? Orange castle?" and thought that it was really clever. It was years until just last year when I found out that it was just a coincidence.. haha ;b
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought more important would happen if you name your army after the "Big O", but unfortunatly, like Blue Thunder said, Jowy's comment is the only thing that happens. I thought the people would say: "Let's go to *** Castle." and so I called it Odin's... But they say "Let's go to the Odin's Castle." and this sounds dumb... :)

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
I thought the people would say: "Let's go to *** Castle." and so I called it Odin's... But they say "Let's go to the Odin's Castle." and this sounds dumb... :)

that's cause you prolly named your castle Odin's. but i ain't sure since i always name my army in the begining and my castle the same name.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's sounds stupid because of the... I don't know the Englisch word for this... I mean "the". Because of this it sounds dumb. But I didn't know it before the naming...

The Fool
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Orange in Suikoden II, it's a great name! I also picked Chicken for the ship in Suikoden IV...

As for the meaning behind it, it's a big conspiracy like someone mentioned. You see, there existed a planet named X. People on X liked the color orange so much, that they used it for everything. With time, they used up all the orange in their world until it all disappeared and oranges turned blue...

That's when Artflax Xorgoros the Fourth decided that they should built a huge space ship with the name of Chicken and with it they'd sail the seven spaces until they find a planet that still has the color orange. After 4 billion years of traveling in the darkness of space, they found Earth Suikoden world.

Now, Artflax Xorgoros IV was not a hostile person, he didn't want to destroy earth in order to get its orange. Instead, he thought if enough people united under the banner or Orange, then the aliens could extract all those people's orangeness by the end of the game. Why else do you think Lepant looks more orange in the first game? That's because right after the end of the gate rune wars, an energy beam was sent by the chicken and it absorbed most of the orangeness of the Orange Liberation Army.

It's true! The Stars of Destiny and the whole gathering thing is just a myth! It's just a cover for Artflax' ultimate plan to devour Suikoden's world from its orange in order for him to rebuild planet X in its full orangeness! Leknaat, Hikusaak*, Flame Champion, Reinbach, and even Flik and Viktor work for the X'ians! Suikoden IV happened 120 years before the aliens arrived, so it doesn't have orange. However, the mention of the space ship name 'chicken' might mean that they used the war in Island Nation to test their ability to control the people of Suikoden world before actually coming up with the orange plan. To conclude I must warn you for the last time, EVERY TIME YOU PICK THE NAME ORANGE YOU HELP ARTFLAX STEAL THE ORANGE FROM SUIOKODEN WORLD!! By Suikoden 1282, there won't be anymore orange in Suikoden games, you don't want that to happen, do you?

* Hikusaak is actually a world from the language of the people of planet X, it means "An orange a day keeps the doctor away", most X spies use aliases to hide their true identity.

I hope this deep analysis answers your questions about the mystery of "Orange". I wrote this at the risk of my own life, there's no telling when an energy beam from the Chicken space ship will target my own house now... :(

Edit: I did more research... in case you think the theory is silly, I present you with sold proofs:
#1 - The De-Orangeization of Lepant
Lepant in the first game, notice how orange he is
Whoa! He lost all his orangeness in Suikoden II!

#2 - A graph showing the relation between the number of 'gathering of stars' and the average percent of orange in the world:

Need I say more?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: