Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The mystery of "Orange"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: The mystery of "Orange" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why is it that whenever you have to name something somebody always suggests naming it "Orange"?
I mean, "Orange Castle"? "Orange Company"? "The Orange Unifaction War"?

And has anyone ever listened to this suggestion? I mean, I've played each game several times, and I've NEVER named ANYTHING "Orange"...

Is there some significance in the word "Orange" that I am missing?
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe The designers pf suikoden Like oranges..

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it's a warning to people that unless the oranges unite and form an army, the bad apples will take over the world!

Or maybe the designers ARE oranges and they wanted to let us know that oranges are people too, armies of people in fact.

Or it could be that they like the colour orange, or eating oranges or it could be just a name that they hoped would get a laugh. But they're stupid ideas, I think my first two are much more likely.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately the "Orange" reference in Suikoden IV was lost when they decided to translate Chiepoo's suggestion to "Chicken". Otherwise, it'd have been the second most noticable running joke in the series, after Schtolteheim Reinbach III.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orange is the best coulour there is offcourse!
It is bright pretty much only looks good in combination with white or black and you see it on every national sportsteam jersey from my country.
OoOoH!_cookiemonster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or they could've been eating it at the time.
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really it's one of the most generic things they could say. Who's gonna actually name something after a color. I did name the castle White Castle one time but that was because of the resturant.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...You guys never named anything Orange, accepting the foolish game default to name your army after a piece of delicious citrus fruit? Hoo boy, now don't I feel foolish!

No, just kidding...I laughed derisively when Jowy told me that he liked Orange company better than my name. Interestingly, the deal in Suikoden IV gave me a little pang on the inside. Orange Islands, represent!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Orange" was originally a placename. In fact, the current Dutch royal family is the House of Orange-Nassau:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Orange-Nassau

The "Orange Order" is rather famous in Irish politics as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Order

There's also an "Orange Party" in the USA (although it is a very minor political party).
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe that's the producer's, designers or the directors favorite fruit? well i agree with ard/psiko orange is a nice color. it matches color blue hehe! well someone would strike me for tis stupid comment hehe! :mrgreen:

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This reminds me, which game gets you an extra scene if you name your castle Toran Castle? I thought it was Suikoden III, but when I tried it, nothing happened.

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it was Suikoden 3. But if you loaded data where you gave it a different name, you have to rename Budehuc with that name to get the scene.

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for all the interesting answers, I laughed and had a good time while eating chips. Thanks again.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I was a betting man, I'd say it had something to do with the Orange Network for Mobile Phones. Bit of advertising thrown in to help fund the Suikoden project.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
If I was a betting man, I'd say it had something to do with the Orange Network for Mobile Phones. Bit of advertising thrown in to help fund the Suikoden project.

Does Konami own the Orange Network?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: