Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Hated Suikoden Moment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
It baffles my mind why you don't get attached to Jowy, Luca and the other characters. :shock:

Everyone is different and intitled to their opinion. :)
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: i can't believe i have answered this one yet! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lets see...

Suikoden 1: A tie between any part with general Milich in it and recuiting Jabba, who used the hero to get his hands on a priceless Nameless Vase.

Suikoden 2: The Neclord encount in Tinto... Neclord should just know when he's beaten.

Suikoden 3: When i got the chef and found out there was no IRON CHEF mini game... WTF have i been collecting these recipes!!!

Suikoden 4: Does the entirity of the game count, if not the high encounter rate and slow world map movement. And Yes i hated the abomination that is called suikoden 4, in fact i hate so much i refuse to ever play it again.

Suikoden 5: I haven't finished it but i really don't care for the very beginning of the game.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, good topic. And away we go...

Suikoden: Thank you for bringing up Lepant's mansion! Damn it, did I ever hate that giant wheel.

Suikoden III: Just about any time I had to travel to Caleria or Le Buque (aka Bugtown) and take the damn Mountain Path. Especially early, when Geddoe's party isn't particularly strong yet, and you run into that very strong Rock Golem mini-boss.

Suikoden IV: The first trip to the Deserted Island! Having to do those stupid, menial tasks... and then travel to the end of the cave THREE times to speak to Lilin. Then there was Taisuke's annoying recruitment later in the game! I should have left that idiot in the hot spring. I mean, seriously, what the hell kind of moron leaves his clothes waaaaaaaaaaay outside of a cave, and runs through said monster-filled cave naked?! Moron!

Suikoden V: The first several hours were just tedious at times. That and the loading times, particularly in my very own poorly-constructed Ceras Castle.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - Not having the chance to talk to Vincent when he's in jail with Viktor and Warren in Moravia Castle. You have to go all the way back to the jail a 2nd time in order to speak with him (and recruit him). Annoying!

Suikoden 2 - Kicking Rowd's butt in Kyaro, and STILL getting arrested by Rowd and his men. Okay, the extra money for winning the battle is nice, but I want to gloat over Rowd, dammit.

Suikoden 3 - probably just the way the game rushes to a conclusion, after a long, slow build-up that promises a lot more than it delivers, unfortunately.

Suikoden 4 - the ridiculously high encounter rates on the seas, and the awkward controls of the ship. This all goes without saying, I think.

Suikoden 5 - The SLOOOWWWWWW beginning, especially on replays. It's really hard to sit through 10 hours of slow gameplay, waiting for the big coup to kick in.
Prince_Krimson

993 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - A toss up between the wheel of fortune in Lepant's mansion and trying to get the opal to recruit Esmerelda.

Suikoden 2 - dont have one.

Suikoden 3 - Wasn't released in my country. :cry:

Suikoden 4 - trying to recruit Rita.

Suikoden 5 - dont really have one.
Axis

8709 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In 5, when I finish the three mini-battles at the ruins. I accidentally chose to move on (to the final boss) without saving. It took me 3 or 4 times to battle the last boss using the continue option. It was really irritating that I hadn't saved prior to.

Still, the ending was really good (108 stars, nice to Lymsleia).
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince_Krimson wrote:

Suikoden 4 - trying to recruit Rita.

Good call. Oddly enough, I thought Rita was fun to use in battle. But I'll be damned, if her recruitment wasn't a pain in the ass. "Let the game begin!" Yeah, whatever. Someone should smack you, Rita. Hard. Come to think of it, I also loathed attempting to recruit Mike in Suikoden III. I'm just really no good at card-based mini games.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

108 stars scene after last battle in Suikoden V. Some horrible pop music starts playing in a superduper ridiculous happyfeelgood scene, highly inappropriate for Suikoden.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
108 stars scene after last battle in Suikoden V. Some horrible pop music starts playing in a superduper ridiculous happyfeelgood scene, highly inappropriate for Suikoden.

Definitely very cheesey. I loved (or should I say loathed) that even the Godwins appeared in that little montage. They had died, like, 30 seconds ago. Well, Marscal, in any case. You guys know what I mean. I hope I never see anything like that again in any Suikoden.
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 5, i think its the Ceras lake ruins ... i got lost in it and i was always passing from the same road ... and then i got pissed seeing as how the entrance was very easy ... bleh wasted alot of hours!
Crimson_Angel

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

In Suikoden 5, i think its the Ceras lake ruins ... i got lost in it and i was always passing from the same road ... and then i got pissed seeing as how the entrance was very easy ... bleh wasted alot of hours!

Don't blame you, I hated that too. Out of all the places in that game, that one was the one I had the worst time navigating through. I also really hated collecting all of the stupid cocunuts and wood in Suikoden IV when you're stranded on that island after being exiled. Totally pointless and boring. It was kind of funny though that you could have that ending where everything just goes on like that forever. "No, really a beach house sounds great!" :*laugh*: I was laughing my ass off at the stupidity.

I also hated the ship navigation in Suikoden IV with a passion. It was awkward, and the annoying two second apart encounters had me so agitated I almost started screaming at it to hurry the fuck up...Haha. Video games get me like that sometimes...

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry did a mistake there, it was the Twilight Ruins! ...

Also i read the other pages of this topic! I really did love Sialeeds too as a character and couldn't help but cry when i had to fight her, that was a very tedious moment!! Even at her betrayal i felt a bit down but i knew that she would'nt do it for nothing ... I totally understand her for what she did! I really did wish she was part of the 108 sod's ... preferred her than Lyon! >.> (i'm turning into a Sialeeds fan)
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2:
Missable turtle plans #2, means no fortune/prosperity rune combo.
Fire Spear in mayor battles is overpowered. Last playthrough on the Luca fight I used one fire spear and damaged him: Battle over. Somehow I remember something about Sasarai and reinforcements coming in later.... Too bad I didn't get a chance to see them.

Suikoden 4:
The whole game heh. Well, on top of my mind what annoyed me for the whole game was how the main character ran. It's so silly, nobody runs like that.

Suikoden 5:
New game+ does not have a skip scene option!! NO!! Many hours worth of scenes in the beginning are pain. Why can't I skip them on the second playthrough?
Anyone else noticed the strange way how the gladiators fight in the Sacred Games? That was so weird, how swinging your sword around you help anyway. I wish it would be faster paced and more based on reality.
One more thing, atleast give us a female hero rather than the hero in V.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko I: The wheel thingy and recruiting. >_>

Suiko II: Jowy leaves.

Suiko III: Every moment I walk through the map and into the plains and mountain path.

Suiko IV: Uber random battles.

Suiko V: Every walking moment. I hate the freaking camera view! That zoom is useless. (kinda resembles Final Fantasy III DS zoom)

Suiko Tactics: Errmm.......Kyril was traumatized for 3 years? WTF is he doing for 3 years..? And yes, his "Ohh...I can't kill fishermen because my dad became one and I...I..." crap. Therefore he becomes annoying.

Suikoden (General): Some games that required trading to recruit. Until now I don't get the concept of trading. Except Suikoden II, NO COOKING CONTEST?!

I see that most people here hates Suikoden IV...but not me! I like it actually. :mrgreen:

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charles_Flynn

9180 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only things I hate in the entire suikoden game series(up to 3) is the deaths of

Nanami and Elza, I liked elza, and that was a crappy deal for her, and Nanami's death although somewhat embelished pissed me off and darn near stop playing, The third one was sub-par compared to all the others but atleat you got 2 viki's, and the fourth one was the three seconds of sailing then bam random encounter, and tactics all my freaking favororite were killable and I had to reload the freaking game like 20-30 times, adn their is little about the fifth I dislike, with the exception that you can't use the best ending's costume... It was cool, and I have to say the wheel of fortune was a cake walk, and just too brag I have over 1000 hours of suikoden play history under my belt, about 500+ is V but you know Lun is hot so... you know.

((I had to edit this because while looking through the Suikoden V faqs I realized that Elza wasn't In V it was Cathair((Misspelled)) and The second appearance is in the first one sorry>_>))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: