Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Hated Suikoden Moment
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Most Hated Suikoden Moment Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Inspired by the Favorite Suikoden Moment thread, I'm interested in knowing what moment the fans hate the most in Suikoden games. And of course, why you hate that moment as well. I'll post mine later on because I need time to think about it.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me the only moment in the whole series which I didn't like was the scene when Louis bumped into Lulu in Suikoden 3, during Hugo's chapter.
Whenever I watch I tend to take the side of the knights, Louis accidentally walked into him and apologised and Lulu was an idiot to him.
To make matters worse, you are given two choices for what Hugo to say and both of them are obnoxious.
The scene tries to force you into disliking the knights, but I just end up hating Lulu.
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most hated Suikoden moment is when Shu makes you search for the coin in the river knowing that the coin is not in the river.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Gorudo is obnoxious due to his greedy worthlessness to Riou in Suikoden II.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When you fight Rowd in Kyaro but can't beat him unless you're uber-leveled, which takes hours, and then if you beat him anyways the outcome is pretty much the same.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me is kind of a tie between losing Ted in the first game because Ted was the man. My second most hated moment is when Jowy switches sides because he is just so cool and compliments Riou so well. Plus his level 4 spell is just the bomb which unless you go into Matilda before the fall of Muse you only get to use it in one battle.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...probably whenever I`m taking on a new mission in S1, and someone forces themselves into my party and takes up all the front row slots. Particularly Viktor and Flik forcing themselves in even at the final boss. I also dislike the St.Loa Knights`s sidequest in S3, and Geddoe`s chapter 1 or 2 where you go to Le Buque. I`ve never liked that town, and you had to walk through that evil Mountain Path...

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Three tied moments for me:
1. When I have to take Pahn back after he betrayed me. How dare he?? >=)
2. Whenever I have to do random stuff either to recruit someone or to get an item to recruit someone. Grrrr!!!!!!
3. No!! Don't join my party, Gremio. Don't don't don't. No I won't take you. No I DON'T want to take you!!!! What? I must? Dang it. Fine, join my party and sit pretty, okay?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would have to be the Pahn vs. Teo duel in Suikoden 1. Not because I screwed up with it, but because everyone else who I have gotten to play the game has. Even though I do my best to subtly hint that they need to get Pahn decently strong as soon as he rejoins you, they DON'T LISTEN. Then they either decide the game is stupid for screwing them over and stop playing, or say "well, as long as I already missed out on getting everyone, I might as well stop trying!" and rush through the rest of the game without bothering to look for other non-story SoDs.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My most hated Suikoden moment is when you fight Gilbert in the major battle in suikoden II , you only have one chance to recruit him and if you screwed up ...
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hate the whole Muse thing after the Sindar Ruins. You get dragged around and are told to spy on the Highland Army and Anabelle dies and Jess is a complete jerk and Jowy leaves. ;_;

And if that's not enough, then you're forced to play Chinchirorin with Tai Ho. I tend to lose more than I win despite my luck, so I rarely enjoy it. In fact, I rarely enjoy having to play it just to recruit folks.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: I loathe going through Lepant's mansion to steal his sword. I have horrible luck on that "wheel of fortune" he has.

S2: I like Tinto but I loathe the Neclord portion of the game. It's so nonsensical. And why does that Golem have his own CG movie?

S3: I dislike all of Hugo's chapters. I just find Hugo an incredibly boring character, and being stuck around with him and Lulu (who annoys me) is just ...boring.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to kill Juppo after that blasted Wheel of Fortune.

Travelling in Suikoden 3 was a pain in itself.

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basically anything that has to do with Wingers in ANY game.
E.G.
All of Two River in SII
Having to recruit Chaco after he's been so much of a pain in the ass.
Getting Sid
Recruiting Landis in SIII
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: I second the "wheel of fortune" thing in Lepant's mansion. That thing is just plain annoying.

Suikoden II: After the Mercenary Fort gets burned down and the game randomly gives you three people to use all the way through the game until you get to Muse. They NEVER give me who I want to use! (I don't think the game understands that I don't want Gengen) That's why from now on I usually just wait until after that to get Kinnison and Shiro, since they actually join you right on the spot.

Suikoden III: The fact that the game lacks any sort of story bosses whatsoever except for the destroyers. Honestly, there's only so many times I can kick Yuber and Sarah's ass before I loose any respect I had for them to begin with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: