Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best army
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which army was the best?
Liberation Army
36%
 36%  [ 29 ]
Dunan Army
39%
 39%  [ 31 ]
Fire Bringer
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 79

Gustav Pendragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Best army Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've been having a discussion on gamefaqs for awhile on the S3 board about which army is the best out of Toran, Dunan, and the Fire bringer. I was wondering what you all thought about it. Also, how do you think each nation would do in fighting a war against the other using the army that they possessed.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we're going for at the height of their powers, I'll have to say Fire Bringer. Simply due to the fact that they have more True Runes at their disposal.
However, the Libiration Army does have two Silverbergs with them, so that makes it pretty close.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Fire Bringer was an alliance of some of the most powerful forces in Suikoden(especially if you count Harmonia)...so I'll have to go with them.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Gustav Pendragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only Sassari, Dios, and a small contingent of soldiers from Harmonia were part of the firebringer. The entire state of Harmonia should not be considered when judging the power of the army.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dunan, mostly because it`s the largest. I don`t know how much difference a True Rune would make in a war, though...they`re not that great in the in-game wars, but they`d probably be better in a "real" one.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to go with Toran. Seriously, they have Dragon Knights, Elves, Dwarves (as well as dwarven technology), Ninja, and lets not forget the Gul-Horses. Also, if anyone were to start a war with Toran, to get there they would either have to deal with Moran Forest, the Badlands, or march an entire army down river to Banner. And they seem to be the most well armored of the three nations (maybe besides Zexen, but they couldn't hold a candle to Toran by themselves). The whole region is for the most part isolated and protected from any outside threats. So my vote goes to them.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Made a mistake in voting. I meant to click on Liberation Army but clicked on Dunan Army instead -_-;;

Liberation Army definitely had the best army because of the following reasons:

+ As mentioned by Cirape, they had two Silverbergs in Leon and Mathiu. Strategists are always important. Having 2 high quality ones definitely give them the upper hand compared to the other armies (Dunan basically only had 1 good strategist in Shu, while Fire Bringer had 1 as well in Salome. Caesar and Albert aren't special yet).

+ Support of others. Liberation Army had Dragon Knights, Rokkaku Ninjas, Elves, Dwarves, and Kobolds. Dunan Army and Fire Bringer definitely don't have as much support as the Liberation Army.

+ Great individuals. Crowley is arguably the best non-True Rune bearer magician in Suikoden world. Great alchemists in Kamandohl and Gen. Five (well Four ..) Great Imperial Generals, no need to explain here. The thieves are also important, stealing could be crucial in a war. Sydonia, the only person known to have the ability of "The art of Far Moving". Doctor Liukan, the legendary doctor who could even make potions for dragons. There are probably more great characters that I don't mention. Definitely upper hand on Liberation Army.

+ United for sure. Despite having to fight the Imperial Generals, they were under Windy's control. Once the Black Runes were destoryed, they were united into one. Whereas Dunan basically lost Gorudo and Fire Bringer, well they basically try to kill 4 of their own. Teamwork is very important in a war, upper hand on Liberation Army again.

+ True Rune factor. While yes in total Fire Bringer had 7 (5 elementals, Night Rune, and Eightfold Rune), but only 3 were free because True Wind Rune and Eightfold Rune weren't really on their side. Instead, they were the opponents (so for mathematical sake, they worth -2 instead of +2). Whereas Liberation Army had 4 free True Runes in True Wind Rune, Souleater Rune, Dragon Rune, and Night Rune.

So yeah, I guess it's safe to say that Liberation Army is the strongest out of the three. >=)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Dunan army not only has two great strategists but originally had the technology of fire spears and other such dwarven inventions. They also as said before had a lot of soldiers and a better defensive position.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd wrote:
The Dunan army not only has two great strategists but originally had the technology of fire spears and other such dwarven inventions. They also as said before had a lot of soldiers and a better defensive position.

I think you meant Liberation Army there?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I think that the best one who would manage to hold there selves until the end would be the army of the Toran Republic, and that is because they have the best characters (well, I think so) accompanied with five great generals, nonetheless also have the best two strategists (Mathiu and Leon) their was in any of the series.

Now speaking about who would win if a war happened between the three of them (I don't know). I would say that there is no way to make sure on whom would win this war because these nation don't depend mainly on the number of their soldiers but on the power of their characters and since there are lot's of character who are in the same army of the other ones (example: Flik, Victor, Viki, Luc, Futch and others more), which means that we wouldn't know whom they should fight for. Therefore, it makes no sense to choose one from the other, but if you want me to ignore these facts and chose one, I would probably pick the Nation of Dunan and I wouldn't say why because I don't really know.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually enjoyed DUNAN's army there Uber. The reason is longer battles enjoyed the way the battle starts fighting and i had more units to play with. Toran myte have the 5 great generals and 2 great strategist Mathiu and Leon but Dunan gotzz SHU! and he beat leon :).... well sorta lol
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say fire bringer because they have the most true runes,they are made up of some of the strongest armies and nations including the grassland,Zexen some of harmonia and well the not so powerful people of the bheduhec(spelt wrong) castle oh and lets not forget le beque.They also have good leadership and two kind of three fairly good strategists plus there base is placed in a good area.

Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My money is on the Liberation/Toran Army. The dragon knights can simply shred supply line and probably could be used to insert ninjas or others small groups behind enemy lines. I will concede that they have the worst true rune array, as the Soul Eater is largely useless for mass battles and the Dragon Rune is a liability, but they also have whole dwarven array of heavy weapons and Juppo, who can just build those mechanical soldiers en masse.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fire Bringer. I only have S3, so I can't say about the Toran and Dunan armies.

As previously said, Zexen, Grasslands, some of Harmonia joined. In Thomas' chapters, I like the fact that he thinnks that this castle should belong to both Zexen and Grassland. And this war is the perfect opportunity to unite the Grasslanders and Zexens at Budehuc.

You even have Dragon Knights (Futch, Sharon), Dunan Residents (Sanae Y.), And 4 True Rune Bearers (Chris, Geddoe, Hugo, and Sasarai)
Falcon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would pick the Liberation army during the Suikoden 2 time because by then they would have been well trained.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: