Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Counter Strike (for PC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

One of the best PC games ever??
Definitely
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Nope
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
I'm speechless (from Joy)
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
I'm speechless (from Hatred)
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Counter Strike (for PC) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's talking about that PS2/3 and the X-Box and all these consoles, but we seem to have forgotten the greatness of the PC and mainly Warcraft and Counter Strike, this will be discussing the latter. Ah Counterstrike how do I love thee, let me count the ways. I've only played you for 1 night but I love you already. I am serious here, I'm on my TG break and over at my cousin's and so he invites me to play CS-Source (TM). I had played CS one time before but this was a later version. I have fallen in love. A few things prevent me from playing this at my house. Namely it's M rated and I don't have a net cable jack in my room, but I will play whenever possible. Commence the discussion!!!

Oh final Note: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I expect we don't talk about those two games since, lets face it, they're the short straw in the pick of communities you'd like to be in.

Sure, I play Counter Strike.. And as a game I like it. As a community though, I can't believe how [insert any non-swearing, but insulting word(s) here] it is. Total disrespect. You kill a guy and he kicks you for 'haxing'.. People who actually hack it themselves will be the first to accuse you of doing the same.. I mean, I fail to see how people can love it.

You get a feeling of accomplishment when you complete a RPG. However, making programs to kill virtual characters with no involvement from you doesn't bring you anything.

Just try and find me a good, proper speaking, respectful server/community.. And I'll consider it being worth something :o
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have an X-Box, so playing Counter Strike at local computer agme rents are my only option on FPS fun.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's easier to play on a keyboard really. It can be configured in a way that it's ultimately superior to a controller; mostly because you can "bind" certain weapons, armor, grenades, etc. to one key and instead of pressing multiple buttons to buy different stuff, you can press one programmed button far away from the regular controls and it'll buy your programmed list. It saves a countless amount of time, and for the rushers, it's essential. I'll be damned if I ever figure out the bind command, though. I always have someone program it into the console for me.

You should have talked to me back in freshman year in High School though. That was when the game hit its peak. Almost everyone I knew played the game, and it was great fun. Before the hacks started becoming mainstream (and for that matter, before it was called STEAM), it was the form of entertainment. It was cheaper than the movies, that's for sure.

I can snipe with the AWP or Scout, but like Chimei Star says, you have too many people accusing you of hacking when they should be embarrassed about their lack of skills. That's why I play with a group of friends that trusts each other.

There were some fun hacks back in the day. Matrix mode was one of them. Moving through the air in a blinding speed. (You can only move fast in the air) It was extreme target practice. There was also an instant kill hack for the AWP. This was used by a friend of mine called "Najera" who visits this board here and there, but isn't a member. Every time he pressed the enter key, it's like the bullet homes in on a person. Usually that would annoy people, but we thought it was really funny at the time. He's good, but he can't help but mess around here and there.

Those were some good times, but if there's ever some free time, then I'd gladly play with you, Harrekki. I'm more of a MP5 and M4A1 type of rusher, though.

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
Those were some good times, but if there's ever some free time, then I'd gladly play with you, Harrekki. I'm more of a MP5 and M4A1 type of rusher, though.
And do remember what I said aswell, find a good, frendly/welcoming group. I could dazzle everyone with my amazingly.. Average.. Performance.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CS is a great game, but I'm not a fan of shooters at all. I'm really not a fan of multiplayer shooters. They get so boring because usually you are either way better than or way worse than the people that you are facing. Every game ends up being the same and it gets old fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: