Suikoden United and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Flashbacks in the beginning of Suikoden II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here. I had no clue about the 108 fights. I usually faught til a gained a level or two and left. I dont think I have the wheel power or the patience to do that. But it is pretty cool though. I might try one day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First time I tried playing Suikoden II I played up to that scene three times, thinking it was a game over screen. The brilliant idea to sit through it didn't occur to me until my fourth crack at the beginning of the game.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The girl Riou & Jowy are spying on, is not by any chance Jillia Blight is her? I always wondered who that girl was.

I liked the scenes, but the first time I saw them I thought I had chose the wrong answer by selecting to jump, so I reseted my PSX.

I know, It's the most stupid thing ever, but I just hadn't play many games back then and seeing the credits at the beginning of it made me think I had finished.

I probably should stop typing now, before I sink deeper and deeper in the Ocean that is stupidity.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
The girl Riou & Jowy are spying on, is not by any chance Jillia Blight is her? I always wondered who that girl was.

Yep, as far as I remember, it is Jillia. Jowy had a little crush on her when they were kids. :P

Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I know, It's the most stupid thing ever, but I just hadn't play many games back then and seeing the credits at the beginning of it made me think I had finished.

Same here. :roll:
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the flashback scenes are really important, especially when it shows Jowy and Riou training to be soldiers in the Highland Unicorn brigade, they were great friends. I've seen more true friendship in that game than in any overated Hollywood movie.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince Crisafulli wrote:
I've seen more true friendship in that game than in any overated Hollywood movie.

I agree. It's sad (or great?) that a video game with no voice acting and 2D sprites can trump Oscar-winning actors.

^Actual quote!
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder I think it would come under sad for the actors and good for Konami, since Konami created a character relationship that people could relate to, one that was believable of the closeness and great friendship between Riou and Jowy. Some would say that the quotes that appear during the flashbacks are exagerated, but what we learn from Riou and Jowy it is easy to realise that the friendship was genuine and deep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: