Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might like to see a pure-magic using Dragon Knight.

I am not going to leap to any conclusions to who the surprise returning characters are. It could be anyone, even Koroku!

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think Morgan from the 1st Suikoden will make an appearance. He was a Gladiator in Falena, if I remember correctly. The timeline seems about right for him to be there. He'd be a fairly "expected unexpected" character, I'd imagine.

I can't remember if he was actually any good in Suikoden 1, though. Hmm...this requires some research... :)

Oh, and I'd like to see the return of the Dragon Knights too.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't Morgan be an expected character?

Maximillian is semi-likely.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LORELAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Morgan might be an interesting character to have, but who knows?

Maybe we could see the birth (so to speak) of the Maximillian Knights while in Falena. That would be one interesting thing to see.

Official Smoke Bomb User

kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maximillian may not appear since there are characters seem to be replacing his and Sancho's star. the old engineer-tpe man and his sevant who seems to be carrying all their stuffs
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see Geddoe since his bio said that he travelled around the world at first.
I think that it is possible to see THe inventior of Gadget Z since she ran away but i am not sure if that fits in the timeline. I would like to see Lucia again but that is unlikely since she is in grassland unless she is an embassador. I agree the dragon nights should return. I wanna see their glorious return. But i am not sure what Futch's dragon would be because some people say that it is before and after s1 So he may have black and possibly We may see a young Bright.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well since its got to be before 2,
and since its likely before 1,
I would imagine Futch will be too young to appear.

Though we don't have much in the way of cpnfirmation on the time frame.
But I would definetely kill for a Dragon Knight of some sort,
and hopefully Humphrey rolling with him/her.

But that can't be allowed to happen...
It would just be too awesome for me.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
But i am not sure what Futch's dragon would be because some people say that it is before and after s1 So he may have black and possibly We may see a young Bright.

you see Bright hatch in Suikoden 2...was that not young enough?
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting revelations that is certain. Everything seems to be shaping up very well and I am quite eager to see what Konami can pull out of their bag of tricks for this one.

Returning characters are nice but an oversaturation is not always advisable. Of course in the end as long as the game plays half well and has a plausible and intriguing storyline I would be one happy customer.

I also believe Konami needs to hit the proverbial nail on the head for Suikoden V. I believe that this is their last credible chance to make it 'mainstream.' Suikoden IV was more heavily marketed then either 1,2, or 3, yet for all intents and purposes it did not have the 'It' factor to take the series mainstream.

The way Suiko V seems to be shaping up however, I could definetly see it going mainstream. It all depends on the presentation. They need to keep some of the old series staples intact while adding new innovative features. I have the utmost faith in Konami however. =)

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If by going mainstream you mean turning more like Final Fantasy then that's the last thing I'd want for Suikoden V. If however you mean finally become popular with the average RPG gamer then I'd say that Suikoden V is their best chance to do it yet.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think that it is possible to see THe inventior of Gadget Z since she ran away but i am not sure if that fits in the timeline

Gadget Z was created by Meg, a character from Suikoden 1 and 2. meg is the mother of Belle. gadget Z was also created using the parts of the original Gadget, from Suikoden 2.

Quote:
Maximillian may not appear since there are characters seem to be replacing his and Sancho's star. the old engineer-tpe man and his sevant who seems to be carrying all their stuffs

In the latest update we can see the cover of the game. One of the characters has the Maximillian bird on her chest, signifying that she is one of the Knights of Maximillian. Besides, I can't imagine Max leaving Scarlet Moon since he was a Scarlet Moon soldier his entire life up until a certain event just before Suikoden 1 that involved a border conflict with Jowston. I can't remember the exact details right now...

Quote:
I would like to see Lucia again but that is unlikely since she is in grassland unless she is an embassador

From the way Lucia spoke, it seemed like her battles in Suikoden 2 were the first times she ever left the Grasslands. I could be wrong.

Quote:
Morgan might be an interesting character to have, but who knows?

Morgan could return, but I don't think he'd be old enough to be a battle character.

^Actual quote!
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Morgan could return, but I don't think he'd be old enough to be a battle character.

Hmm...that's true. Come to think of it, Morgan's only around 20 years old in the first Suikoden, isn't he?

It'd still be nice to see Morgan before he was blinded, even if he is too young to fight.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He is about four years younger then Lorelai according to the timeline. Lorelai doesn't look as young in the pictures as she did in the trailer, so they both could be old enough. Tuta was pretty young in SII, and he could be used in battles. He wasn't all that good, but he was still usable.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
He is about four years younger then Lorelai according to the timeline. Lorelai doesn't look as young in the pictures as she did in the trailer, so they both could be old enough. Tuta was pretty young in SII, and he could be used in battles. He wasn't all that good, but he was still usable.

Yeah, Tuta was what? 10 in Suikoden 2... So yeah...

Regardless you'd have to have a reason for Morgan to be there...Possibly as an NPC...He was a slave I guess...and I doubt a slave is gonna trust the Prince and all the queen's knights and run off....

Or perhaps somehting he does in the games gets him forced into slavery where he later loses his eyesight...or perhaps does ingame...

It's intriguing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: