Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well to kinda discredit the whole Flik, Viktor, Humphry thing, they could always be found drinking together at Leona's place.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Lorelai and Killey met Nash, Meg, Millie, Viki, Bonaparte, and Gadget before they appeared in Suikoden 2. It's covered in SuikoGaiden 2. Viki 'ports Nash and friends back in time and they meet Lorelai and Killey at a Sindar Ruin in Falena. Yet...Killey and Lorelai never say anything about it in Suikoden 2. Killey doesn't wig out and go "OMG, time travelling barrel of DOOM!" when he sees Gadget or anything.

Maybe Konami will include this scene in Suikoden V. :)
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said, inconsistency issues. That was a problem I had with Suikoden 1 and 2. AndI never said that they didn't exist before now. I said they would need a good explanation for this one, though. It wasn't really necessary to explain things between Viktor and Flik based on the fact that it was only a few years a part and we knew Humphrey was travelling with Futch. No explanation necessary as they knew what each other were up to (still incosistent, but not as bad).

But, to have Georg Prime totally ignore Luc and Jeane (not too worried about Viki because she travels through time) would be rather naive to me. Luc and Jeane are obviously intregal to the story, well certainly Luc was shown to be. Now, we take Luc who would be rather young seeing as he is seen as a child in Suikoden 1, it would be odd for Georg Prime to be working with him again and not think "hmm, wasn't he that kid?". Of course, it just seems odd to me. And let's not even mention Jeane. If they want to keep any secrets about her they will have to throw holes into the inconsistency.

There's no way to explain her age oany other way considering that Georg would see her here in Falena and not even mention her in Suikoden 2 considering she looks the same after all those years and he clearly ages quite drastically. Hell, I even found it odd that no one else mentioned anything about it in Suikoden 3. Plot inconsistencies..or should I say unexplained occurences. They are in every game. I just find this one more inexcusable than the others.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeanne's explanation as to why noone recognizes her? Perhaps the same reason she can't be investigated... She has a way of controlling people and if it suited her not to be recognized I'm sure she could make it that way.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then why does Viki the most confused character in the whole series seem to recognize, her? But, I agree that she seems to have her methods of keeping everything obscure just the way she likes it.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:

And by the way, I don't think decendents of SIV characters should count as returning characters...becuase, put simply, they are not.

I don't think that Konami,
or ofcourse any of the fans,
would count them as such.

But none the less,
I would like to see some in the game.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nash and Futch both recognize Jeane in Suikoden 3.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would you say, if IV characters were to show up in Suikoden V, they arent returning characters? series wise, yes they would be, but time line wise, no you're right they wouldnt be..

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about Sierra 8-) ? She could be in Falena looking for Neclord, but he's not there, kinda like Clive in S1.

EDIT: Ang yes, I too have Skies of Arcadia and I enjoyed the story. This game is going to be DA BOMB.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skies of Arcadia was awesome. I thougth the story of that game was most enjoyable. The story for five has got a to be a good one. I hope.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PirateSigurd wrote:
Why would you say, if IV characters were to show up in Suikoden V, they arent returning characters? series wise, yes they would be, but time line wise, no you're right they wouldnt be..

Um...I didn't say that. I said desedents of IV characters wouldn't be returning characters.
LGM

The Fungepuck Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game seems to be set up on the back of the popularity of suikoden 1 and 2, which would suggest that fan favorite characters from those games would be the most logical to bring back. I would say that;

Teo
Neclord/Sierra
Yuber/Pesmerga
Viktor
Matthiu/Odessa/Leon
Joshua and the dragon knights
Windy/Leknaat
Ted
Luc
Kage and the Ninjas
Genkaku/Han
Clive/Elza and the Howling Voice Guild
Crowley/Mazus

-Are possible candidates, although obviously not all of them. Admittedly the reasons why any of them could be in Falena at the time would be dubious, but undoubtedly would cause a stir amongst anyone who was a fan of the first 2 games.

Basically; give the people what they want.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg, Killey, and Lorelai aren't the most sociable characters...it's not like they're running around the castle chatting up a storm...

I don't see it as a big deal really...Kasumi, Viktor, or Flik don't say squat(and yeah, they obviously know Humphrey in 2 cuz everytime you go to the bar the 3 of them are drinking together) when you drag Tir back to Northwindow..nor does ANYONE...I think it would be interesting if you went up to like Greenhill and Yuber would notice him or something.
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would just like to say, that for me, the chances of Mukumuku appearing are even greater for me now. Even the whole team having a re-appearance is a slim possibility!

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The squealing fan boy in me really just wants to see some proper Dragon Knights.

Even if they weren't previously named or returning,
an all new dragon knight would still be cool.

Other than that Humphrey would be great to see...though highly doubtful. :cries:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: