Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm almost tempted to pick up Skies of Arcadia to get a feel for the scenario writer before Suikoden V is released. At the same time, since people have said that it's good, I might try to be content, and assume I'll be pleasantly surprised when the new Suikoden comes out, since I don't really have the time or money to invest in a new RPG just yet...maybe in a few months.

I actually wasn't even sure if Lorelai had been confirmed yet, but both Lorelai and Killey? That's good news (even if I was never a huge fan of Killey)...I love returning characters. I'm really hoping to see Yuber and Pesmerga again, and perhaps with some more actual character work done with both of them (especially Pesmerga). I would love to see some more Viktor and Flik, but it's too early for them, especially Flik...

Yay Suikoden V.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Quote:
That's why I put the 6 Great Generals.

Suikoden V already has one of the generals.

My bad. 5 Great Generals then.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Hmm; no mention of data transfer. Perhaps they don't know? Or it could be a surprise? Or have they stopped doing that sort of thing in the mainline Suikodens?

I'm not sure what could be transferred to another prequel.

Unless you could load from Suikoden IV and get some special scene with Jeane and Viki.

Bu that's kind of far-fetched. I wouldn't hold my breath for data transfer to S5.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do we have any for sure time set yet? Other than the broad range based of Gerog's age?

I'm hoping Luc returns frankly :P Just as a minor character again. Since the events in 3, I just want a chance to use him again, since he won't be in any 'current time' games and such. Not specific reason for him to be there, but really, there never was, Leknaat just sends him to war. So it's possible? All depending on time I guess.

-My DeviantArt-
sir_knowsalot

15313 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds awesome.

And at the risk of sounding like an idiot, may I ask: what does the job of a game senario writer encompass? How much control does he have over the project?

And that's it. And after reading on IGN the senario for the game OZ, this guy seems like a good fit. The story sounded weird but cool. Hope for more of the same.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great News. I always expected Killey to return for this game, but it is still nice to read that it has been confirmed. I wonder who the other returning characters will be.... that will keep me wondering for a while. I don't really know much about the director or much about Skies of Arcadia for that matter. Appartenly it is a pretty good game though so hopefully we can expect good things. I am also happy to hear that Skies of Arcadia is similar to suikoden in some ways. That is a big plus since it would make the transition easier for his work on suikoden. Anyway good news and thank you SARS.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds really encouraging - I'm sure that having such a great writer in the game will make a big difference, so long as the story remains true to the Suikoden world this can only be a hit.

What appears to be a great story + impressive graphics + a tried and true loved battle system... what is there that could go wrong?

With the multiple story arcs this game seems it will have a LOT of replayability. So long as the game has some real challenges in it like the Luca battle I'm looking to this game as a return to "the playstation 1 era games" as he mentioned.

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
Do we have any for sure time set yet? Other than the broad range based of Gerog's age?

I'm hoping Luc returns frankly :P Just as a minor character again. Since the events in 3, I just want a chance to use him again, since he won't be in any 'current time' games and such. Not specific reason for him to be there, but really, there never was, Leknaat just sends him to war. So it's possible? All depending on time I guess.

too young...he's only 14 in suikoden 1.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
When official information says "unexpected," it tends to be relatively close to "expected" among fans (the same thing happened with Ted in S4).

Ted was a no brainer in s4, when The Castle was up I kept saying 'the returning chara that is so special is Ted" people told me its impossible.

anway, returing charas need to be from 1 or 2 right? unless they chose somone from 4, which could be hard because of that mortality thing.

I'm not sure when the game takes place, so no guesswork now.

anway I never played skys of arcaida, I can borrw a DC and play it though. But this is cool, lets see what soone else can do for Suikoden. But is it all that good of a plot? has anyone else been good?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The news of Suikoden V's today showed that this game is promising. I hope they do not ruined the game later.

Viki is there, I really want to see the her artwork.
Killey too. Ah I really hope they bring back Suikoden to the right track.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope Killey still spins his swords before he attacks. Coolest regular attack ever.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care for Skies of Arcadia. It's a decent game, but I don't think the story was anything amazing, and the characters didn't show much depth. Suikoden's influence on the game can be felt, but only in the range of characters and battles, not the plot itself. That borrows more from Grandia than anything else.

Not that Suikoden V is going to suck, no. This guy's got better credentials than most of the people, and I'm pretty sure he's a fan looking at Arcadia. So at least he should be familiar with the series and the themes.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
I just hope Killey still spins his swords before he attacks. Coolest regular attack ever.

Actually Killey uses twin rods! Everyone assumes they are blades though since the 2D sprite doesn't show enough detail...

Hopefully they remember this for Suikoden 5 and don't give him twin blades. That would be a goof on their part!

^Actual quote!
cloudcent

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Ha, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care for Skies of Arcadia. It's a decent game, but I don't think the story was anything amazing, and the characters didn't show much depth.

Yeah, Skies is over rated, but still enjoyable. I wouldn't praise anything about that game, honestly. Very basic. Of course it did have to go through American localization, so maybe something was lost there.

Either way, that doesn't make me less excited by any means. I've enjoyed all Suikodens so far, even the ones that are hated so much. I don't see anything about this one that would lead me to think otherwise. Looks great.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ooo... the writer from Arcadia? I LOVE that game!! Such adorable characters... I can't wait!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: