Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Skies Of Arcadia was a great game except for the voice acting from hell. That was terrible, I played a great deal of that game with the sound off. But thats not going to be a problem since its the script writer from SoA not the voice-sadist.

They said it would be more story than any other SUikoden gama and that rocks. The story in Suikoden 4 was way too thin and short. Still a great game though. I'm really looking forward to this now.
Tenritsu

4804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys, I thought I might give a bit of light on exactly how big is 380,000+ words of text.

Consider according to Nanowrimo.org (a novel writing contest), a 50,000 word novel is about 175 pages... Now if we do a little math, we find out that this would be equivalent to about a 1,330 story... Now granted that this is only a rough estimate, and we know that there are npc text and the like, but even if you take a few hundred "pages" off, this game's plot is probably monumental... I wouldn't expect 1330 full pages like a story, but it's something to ponder about :mrgreen:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But, aren't Japanese words shorter than their English counterparts? In that case, the number of words per page might increase, hence reducing the total amount of pages.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And keep in mind that this includes sidequests and such. Still, I'm very glad to hear that this story is going to be so in-depth and long. This game is probably going to end up being my favorite RPG...

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mean to sound rude, and if I do, I apologize. However, we shouldn't get our hopes up. If we do, we could be let down if it isn't completely like we expected it to be. I wait for a review to get my hopes up. I've learned not to completely trust previews of games, since some of the time, the previews are different from the final version.

I hope that this story is better then the one in Suikoden IV.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I know what my party will be. Hero V, Georg Prime, Killey, Lorelai, Jeane, and Viki. :P
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll probably use Lorelai and possibly George. I am reserving at least one spot for a female mage type that is under-rated like I always do (Mina and Lotte from S1, Nina from SII, Yumi from SIII, and Kate and Wendel from SIV). Who knows who else I will use...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: