Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
forever-zero

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

goods news.....killey in the game i like him! :o
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
If by going mainstream you mean turning more like Final Fantasy then that's the last thing I'd want for Suikoden V. If however you mean finally become popular with the average RPG gamer then I'd say that Suikoden V is their best chance to do it yet.

By the force, no I didn't mean it like that. The last thing I would want to see is that happening for if it did the very essence of Suikoden may be ruined. However, acceptance and widespread recognition by rpg and casual gaming fans as well is what is at stake. Even if the game does somehow explode in popularity and it becomes mainstream I highly doubt Konami would make it like Final Fantasy. They've made enough Suikoden's to now realize exactly what it is that makes them special.

I really believe that if Konami fully pushed the series they could easily make it their #2 flagship series behind Metal Gear. Suikoden V of course is the best chance to do so.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The new news of the three returning characters is nice. But viki was expected and I never had much care for the other 2. I'm looking foward to seeing which True Rune bearer from one of the previous suikoden (ex. Lazlo, Ted Geddoe) will be confirmed. Everybody else is just a welcome distration.
kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hortez V ?
i mean Hortez VI's father or Raura's husband ... he may appear ... or maybe both him and Raura in their youth
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
The new news of the three returning characters is nice. But viki was expected and I never had much care for the other 2. I'm looking foward to seeing which True Rune bearer from one of the previous suikoden (ex. Lazlo, Ted Geddoe) will be confirmed. Everybody else is just a welcome distration.

Just wondering if I'm missing something here, but was an old true rune bearer confirmed for Suikoden V? Or is it just because every other game had a returning true rune bearer (except Suikoden I of course)
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other Suikoden continuing in the same world, Final Fantasy's each installment takes place in different worlds.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...I thought that Suikoden was already Konami's #2 game.

Raura and Hortez's father in their youth. That would be interesting. I wonder how good at directions the both of them are. I didn't know that it was confirmed that Raura was Hortez's mother.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay who are the confirmed returning characters now. Who isn't A star of destiny who has been confirmed. Who is a star of destriny who has been confirmed cause i am officially lost.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Isiah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im glad to hear about the returning characters. SOme toons I would like to see return are Victor and Flik. After 2, you never find out what happened to them. I think it would be awesome to have them return. And also have a reunion with the hero from suikoden 1.

Anyway I can always hope that will happen :D
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We kinda learn what happens to Flik and Viktor. They journey around again, and then they meet Edge. Edge's sister was taken by a vampire or something, and Viktor saw this as a great opportunity to get rid of the Star Dragon Sword kill another vampire, and gave the sword to Edge. After this, I'm guessing Viktor died a happy man.

^Actual quote!
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After this he'd be in his late 40's or early 50's, with plenty of time left before he dies. I'm fairly confident Viktor will return eventually in one form or another, even if he is no longer a combat character. His character's got too much potential to just leave him where he is.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pesmerga IS a coming! Hes expected.!! he hasn't being in 2 games!. I have a big feeling hes a goina be here.! O man i'm so excited about this game. For text? and its Voiced>! this is goin'a rival suikoden 2! I hope its better.

I have another feeling that I am going to hate The mommy. Our Mommy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see your point about Viktor and Flik....But Im sure they did not just drop off after Viktor gave Edge the sword. They seem to have the ability to show up where war is and I think it would be cool to have them in the game in one form or another. I hope to be a playable character.
kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
Okay who are the confirmed returning characters now. Who isn't A star of destiny who has been confirmed. Who is a star of destriny who has been confirmed cause i am officially lost.

confirmed returning characters :
Georg Prime
Lorelai
Killey
Viki
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You forgot Jeane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: