Suikoden United and Inspirational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, differences end up being immaterial. Or something. I have never really been particular about a certain Final Fantasy character's strengths or weakness. All I know was that Aeris and Rinoa had the best magic stats, but that was it. =/

Anyway, just came here to mention that I never got to continue my game. I remember that I was supposed to go to Pharos or something. I had already defeated Chaos by then, but for some reason, I was afraid to advance, to the point when I realized I didn't want to play anymore...

I think I just remembered. It was because of that damn Zodiac Spear. =/

Ugh... you know, I'm not even going to try for that. I'm just going to ask. Is it possible to make two Tournesol's, and if so, how long do you guys think it will take before I can achieve my second one, if at all possible?
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure there's only one Tournesol available. I also heard it's a pain to get, so that might be a good thing. Saves you the stress and won't make you want to kill yourself. =P
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highwind wrote:
Anyway, just came here to mention that I never got to continue my game.

I guess I'm not the only one who decided not to finish my game.

The game pretty much became a bore for me at some point in the game, and since then I didn't have the courage to play the game again. The repetitiveness of the gameplay (although I think it was rather nice, in a way) and the blandness of the story were the main reasons I decided to stop playing the game. I just could no longer stand the thought of going through another very long dungeon only to be rewarded with uninteresting scenes and knowing that I had missed an item or two during that time.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same has happened with me, and I don't think I'm even that far. Sometimes the difficulty of each boss battle as you progress becomes less of a challenge and more of a monotomous burden to go through. The story doesn't intrude enough for a Final Fantasy game and I think you're left to do what you want too much between each cutscene, maybe this is an influence caused by Final Fantasy XI I'm not sure but I much prefered the earlier Playstation Square/Enix games.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing with FFXII was that you are free too pretty much explore everywhere, once you pass a certain point in the game (namely after getting all your party) however, if you did go past the area in which you were 'supposed to be in' then you were pretty much dead unless you went right back or could run super fast and know the way.

But you're right (and I can only agree so far on you with this, only having played VIII, X, X-II, and XII) In XII it's sorta like, "oh, Vayne is taking over the council? No biggie, I'm going to go and deal with some marks" and so on. Half of me likes this system (also the half that doesn't like the XII-Int) but the other half feels that it lacks the sense of okay, we're in a building and we can't leave right now unless we move forward in the plot. There are only 2 places in XII like that, Bahamut and Leviathan (I think) and both are airships.

One thing that XII was lacking in my opinion was Side-quests and Mini-games. Would have killed them to reduce the number of marks to 30 maybe? And the only other "minigame" was the Fishing game. So what's the lesson learned square? Less free-time, more free-time activities.

Also, my personal status is that I have a party (Vaan/Balthier/Basch) at about 72 average, have beaten Hell Wyrm, every mark execpt for Yiazmat, and have every esper. Only two side quests left are Omega Weapon and Yiazmat. Currently trying Yiazmat since Omega is fricking hard to find in that damned crystal!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
ThricebornPhoenix

Phoenix Legion

102576 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aesa wrote:
but the other half feels that it lacks the sense of okay, we're in a building and we can't leave right now unless we move forward in the plot. There are only 2 places in XII like that, Bahamut and Leviathan (I think) and both are airships.

You forgot Draklor Laboratory, I guess? And I certainly wasn't going to leave the Pharos early and have to make the climb again! Anyway, what's so good about being stuck in a dungeon? I always hated that part of RPG's.

Aesa wrote:
One thing that XII was lacking in my opinion was Side-quests and Mini-games. Would have killed them to reduce the number of marks to 30 maybe? And the only other "minigame" was the Fishing game. So what's the lesson learned square? Less free-time, more free-time activities.

Wait, did you want more or less? :? How does fewer hunts mean more to do? I'd rather have more hunts than more stupid, pointless minigames. Aside from Triple Triad, I really don't trust what I've seen of the Square/SE view on minigames and sidequests in the past. Running in Balfonheim reminds me of the annoying running and jump-rope minigames in IX, incidentally.

Mindless button-mashing is what fighting games are for. It's a lot more fun in Dynasty Warriors than it is in Final Fantasy.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's also that prison you get stuck in.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: